1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

[ESPN] Teams most likely to win the BCS Title

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by BAMF cowboy, Apr 11, 2009.

1. BAMF cowboy

A/V Subscriber BAMF cowboy The Village BAMF

Discuss.
  2. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Cowboy

That's just incredible for me to see. From 4-8 6-6 6-6 to a top 15 ball club, to a team that can possibly win the BCS championship. Wow, times are a changing.:D
  3. Rob B.

A/V Subscriber Rob B. Twizzard of Oz

9. Oklahoma State: I love the Cowboys' offense, and I think bringing in Bill Young to run the defense was a great move, but OSU has to go to Norman late and gets a visit from Georgia early. Also, playing Houston in Week 2 right after a big, physical Bulldogs team might be more treacherous than people think.

I keep telling people Houston is a huge bear trap of a game.
  4. OSUfreak82

A/V Subscriber OSUfreak82 Cowboy

I agree with the Houston game. I freakin HATE trap games. But I just hope after how hard these kids have been working... they KNOW what is at stake!! Im sure they will be up for EVERY game this year.

Also BAMF... Im freakin pissed you posted this. Cause now im FU*%ING amp'd for some OSU football!
  5. current

current Cowboy

Its nice to be mentioned, but we still looking up at two teams in the south in that list.

I dont care what the SEC says the big 12 south is the most difficult division in college football
  6. Rob B.

A/V Subscriber Rob B. Twizzard of Oz

yep
  7. OSUfreak82

A/V Subscriber OSUfreak82 Cowboy

+1!
  8. OrangeAggie

A/V Subscriber OrangeAggie Forgive me if I don't shake hands.

That's pretty bad ass.
  9. Pennypacker

Pennypacker Greenhorn

Ummm..... Ole Miss?? Va tech??? ND????!!!???

He went straight past a limb and onto a freshly budding leaf.
  10. snuffy

Staff A/V Subscriber snuffy Deep Thoughts.

This reminds me of the Troy game two years ago, but lets hope for a better result this time.
  11. GodsPeace

GodsPeace Joshua 1:9

One big difference last year was the team showed up to play every time out despite the opponent. In the Tech game we got run, but not because of lack of effort and focus. We just got caught where our weaknesses only aided their substantial strengths.

I think our guys will be ready to play whomever. That doesn't equate to victory by itself, but I doubt there will be a lack of focus for these guys.
  12. I Bleed Red & Black

I Bleed Red & Black Cowboy

Depends on the outcome, if you guys lose the game to us, then Houston is going to get torn apart.

If you win the game, I could definitely see OSU sleepwalking into Houston. It could be a really big win for those players and Zac, Dez and your other seniors will need to really be able to keep the guys that get big heads in line. It will happen if you guys win.

I don't really agree with or like this list, there are a few teams on it that shouldn't be. ND?!? Va Tech? Boise?!? Who is he kidding? And TCU and Oregon on the cusp? Oregon has a new coach this year. Sure he is the old OC and the old HC is now the AD so it should be a smooth transitition, but it is still a first year HC. Does anyone know the last time a first year HC won a NC? Has it ever happened?

OSU, for the record, does belong on this list. If you guys beat UGA, UT, and OU or really just two of the three, then barring two other teams with better records in BCS conferences, OSU should be in the title game.*

*Comes with the caveat of winning the Big12 as per the rule the pollsters made up in 2007 after realizing they logically had to put a team that didn't win its conference in the NC game and frantically had to slap some BS reason together to justify not doing it after having already done it in 2000('01?).
  13. JoeHero

A/V Subscriber JoeHero King of the Andals and the First Men

It's nice getting the preseason pub, but we don't wanna turn into Mizzou's team last year. Schedule is brutal, but lucky to have most tough games at home. Have got to start winning games against the big 2 to continue getting this kind of attention. And it's gonna start in 2009 :D
  14. Bo Dowling

Banned Bo Dowling Banned

If we can force just a half dozen more punts (as opposed to NONE) combined in a few key games this year, I like our chances.
  15. okstateguy987

okstateguy987 Teamo Supremo

I don't get why people think Houston is such a "scary" game. We had no problem with them last year. None whatsoever. Our offense should be about the same, and our defense can't get any worse. It's a home game. Get real.
  16. BAMF cowboy

A/V Subscriber BAMF cowboy The Village BAMF

We were losing at half. I wouldn't say we had 'no problem.'
  17. okstateguy987

okstateguy987 Teamo Supremo

At the half:

OSU - 14
    UH - 16

At the end:

OSU - 56
    UH - 37

You seriously thought we were in trouble? They stayed up with us for about a half, but, just like most other small conference teams, they didn't have the depth to outlast us. This was also right after another "big win" for us. We won a big road game in Seattle.
  18. Poke_Army

Poke_Army Greenhorn

It's nice to be mentioned on this list, but I have to say I don't really like it either.
  19. The Poke

The Poke Cowboy

Case Keenum had my pucker factor at about 9.75 in the first half though. I thought they got away from him being so mobile in the 2nd half. I think they had the half lead and thought they could finish us off with pure pocket passing (ala Tech). Thankfully things worked out for the good guys.
  20. Johnny Cash

Johnny Cash Greenhorn

Oklahoma State, Boise State, and Notre Dame won't come close to a national championship, imo.