1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

FA finds work

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Chairman of the Board, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Chairman of the Board

Chairman of the Board Territorial Marshal

Kendall Rogers reporting that Frank will be hired as pitching coach at Houston. I think that's great for both parties, and I'm glad he's moving out of the Big 12.

2. pokeshd

pokeshd Cowboy

I hope that is correct. FA is a good fellow who suffered through reduced scholarships and a very public lack of commitment from the AD's office. A perfect example of how life is not fair.

3. Pistolp

Pistolp Deputy

He'll be a great pitching coach at a strong program. Good for him.

4. LS1 Z28

LS1 Z28 Deputy

I wish Coach Anderson the best. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see him end up as the pitching coach at Texas or another top flight program in the next few years.

5. 1984Poke

1984Poke Cowboy

Good for him. I'm glad he landed a quality job. Good luck (unless your team is playing my Cowboys), Frank.

6. CPTNQUIRK

CPTNQUIRK I'm always ready for lunch! A/V Subscriber

In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
    Does anyone know if he is friends with James Dickey? That connection may have helped him. They seem to have similar personalities, from what I have seen of them in public.

7. JoshOSU420

JoshOSU420 Athletic Supporter

Poor Frank

8. ST2

ST2 Wrangler

I'm glad for him and his family. Good guy and a good coach. Unfortunately for him, a better pitching coach than head coach, at least so far. I don't believe it's the last that OSU has seen of him, either.

9. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

I'm happy for him. Hopefully he can work his way back to becoming a pitching coach at a premier program. So, does this mean that OSU no longer has to pay him? Or was his contract buy out done in one big payment? Anyone know?

10. PCpoke83

PCpoke83 Master of Puppets A/V Subscriber

This isn't a done deal and his name may pop up in association with a head coaching position soon. And yes we still have to pay the buyout.

11. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

So, the buyout is a lump sum? I had heard that it was to be paid in smaller intervals while he isn't employed elsewhere.

12. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Sheriff

Pretty sure he was the pitching coach at Texas prior to becoming OSU's HC.

13. PCpoke83

PCpoke83 Master of Puppets A/V Subscriber

Generally when you are let go "without cause", you are due the remainder of your salary on the current contract (or a percentage of that sum as stated in the contract). Just because the person you let go finds a new job doesn't let you off the hook. The total buyout was something like $1.5 MM.

14. LS1 Z28

LS1 Z28 Deputy

Yeah, he was the pitching coach a Texas when we hired him. It was kind of funny how things worked out. We fired Tom Holliday & he was hired by Texas as their pitching coach. Anderson & Holliday swapped jobs.
    I heard there was a chance that Texas would create a position for Coach Anderson after he got fired. But I guess that didn't work out. I wouldn't be surpised to see Augie Garrido hire him back in the future if a position opens up.