Facebook - account disabled

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Today, taking a break from working on my youngest daughters room (putting up a wall), I got on Facebook to only see it was disabled.

No reason why.

I tried to appeal, but the text message request with an access code? Never got it. I have over 10 years of videos and pics of my daughters. I have messages and photos from my little sis, who died in 2018.

I’ve noticed via Twitter, this is happening to a lot of people. Anyone experienced this? If I lose all those things I just posted, it will be devastating. I can’t imagine not being able to see my girls first solo or dance recital or not being able to read my sisters last message to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Today, taking a break from working on my youngest daughters room (putting up a wall), I got on Facebook to only see it was disabled.

No reason why.

I tried to appeal, but the text message request with an access code? Never got it. I have over 10 years of videos and pics of my daughters. I have messages and photos from my little sis, who died in 2018.

I’ve noticed via Twitter, this is happening to a lot of people. Anyone experienced this? If I lose all those things I just posted, it will be devastating. I can’t imagine not being able to see my girls first solo or dance recital or not being able to read my sisters last message to me.

Try again with the request of an access code. If you don't get it, there should be another option on that page to contact someone directly.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws

No reason why.

Try again with the request of an access code. If you don't get it, there should be another option on that page to contact someone directly.

I tired to many times, it told me I had to wait 24 hours to request another text. It’s crazy. This is apparently happening to a lot of people. It won’t let me even login... saying I don’t have an account, but I see this.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Nov 18, 2010
Just spitballing here, but have you ever shared a meme that expresses a religious or political opinion?

The fact you say that a lot of people are having this same problem makes me wonder...

Oct 29, 2016
US
Just spitballing here, but have you ever shared a meme that expresses a religious or political opinion?

The fact you say that a lot of people are having this same problem makes me wonder...
This happened to my account. I had posted a "meme" and apparently some of my Conservative Facebook friends had an issue with it, reported it, and I was put in Facebook 'jail," for 30-days. It wasn't even remotely offensive, not even the slightest. I am not one of those who complain, but just wanted to point out the ridiculous proclamation that social media is only "silencing" Conservatives, not liberals. That is not even remotely close. It's happening to everyone whom has a politically related post (or more than one) reported, even if the post does not even come close to violating guidelines.

It really doesn't bother me tho. I am not one of those who feel threatened by whatever happens to things I post on social media, even the insane number of posts that are deleted by admins on this site, even tho I don't come close to violating guidelines. This is a mainly Conservative dominated site, after all. It is what it is.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws

The last few days, I've posted a lot of "Dad" joke meme's (pretty corny.... like; "Our neighbor just died. Wife says, "Who? Ray?" Husband replies with "It's not nice to cheer Karen."

Posted about the tree I planted in memory of my sister with my girls. I then posted about how devastating losing Eddie was.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

The last few days, I've posted a lot of "Dad" joke meme's (pretty corny.... like; "Our neighbor just died. Wife says, "Who? Ray?" Husband replies with "It's not nice to cheer Karen."

Posted about the tree I planted in memory of my sister with my girls. I then posted about how devastating losing Eddie was.
If no reason was given for the disabling, then it doesn't seem to be Facebook "jail". You are usually notified when that happens. I stand by my earlier comment. You need to get in contact with Facebook support and notify them that there is an issue with your account and that you are unable to get codes sent to you to appeal. You will have to identify yourself before they will discuss it with you, but there should be a way to do this that circumvents the appeals page.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
If no reason was given for the disabling, then it doesn't seem to be Facebook "jail". You are usually notified when that happens. I stand by my earlier comment. You need to get in contact with Facebook support and notify them that there is an issue with your account and that you are unable to get codes sent to you to appeal. You will have to identify yourself before they will discuss it with you, but there should be a way to do this that circumvents the appeals page.

That's what I want to do, but it's not letting me even get that far. I get to my login, then the next page asks to enter a mobile number. I did that Sunday around noon, then after getting no text with the code and requesting it many times... they locked it and said I had to wait 24 hours. That was around 4 p.m. Sunday. Now it's 8:15 a.m. on Tuesday and I still get the "24 hour" notice.

Again, I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the memories of my girls and my sister.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

That's what I want to do, but it's not letting me even get that far. I get to my login, then the next page asks to enter a mobile number. I did that Sunday around noon, then after getting no text with the code and requesting it many times... they locked it and said I had to wait 24 hours. That was around 4 p.m. Sunday. Now it's 8:15 a.m. on Tuesday and I still get the "24 hour" notice.

Again, I wouldn't care if it wasn't for the memories of my girls and my sister.
No, I mean there are ways to get a hold of support, rather than logging in first. I haven't used them in quite a few years, but the pathways are there.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

No reason why.

Is the page still up to be viewed with no login or has it been removed? If still up, we can go view it and copy the photos and vids off of it for ya.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
Is the page still up to be viewed with no login or has it been removed? If still up, we can go view it and copy the photos and vids off of it for ya.
It's weird, I can login... it will then ask for the mobile number. At the top it gives the option to logout. When I go to the support/help page, it will show the last profile pic I posted (pic of Eddie I took cutting the nets down in 2004 in East Rutherford).

I was able to download all the images last night. It gave me the option to download my data. Which is great. Problem is... all the photos I was tagged in over 10 years, the comments my sis posted on my page (extremely special to see comments from her on birthdays, father day, etc from her), etc would all be gone if I don't get this back up and running. I appreciate the post for help though!

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
No, I mean there are ways to get a hold of support, rather than logging in first. I haven't used them in quite a few years, but the pathways are there.

I guess I'm getting too old or the ambien is kill brain cells, but I have no idea how. I can get to the support/help forum, I can see my logo... but it will just not let me post. Anything. I click SUBMIT and it just sits there. Do you have other ways you could link up if you have spare time? I'd be beyond thankful.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I guess I'm getting too old or the ambien is kill brain cells, but I have no idea how. I can get to the support/help forum, I can see my logo... but it will just not let me post. Anything. I click SUBMIT and it just sits there. Do you have other ways you could link up if you have spare time? I'd be beyond thankful.
I have a forum I'm on that has a guy that codes for Facebook. I'll check and see what he says.

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws
I have a forum I'm on that has a guy that codes for Facebook. I'll check and see what he says.

Can’t tell you how much I appreciate that.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

No answer yet from the other guy.
But have you tried multiple phone numbers?

Darth Ryno

Territorial Marshal
Jul 26, 2004
Tishomingo, OK
www.sith.ws

No answer yet from the other guy.
But have you tried multiple phone numbers?

I’m not sure if your guy read your post/message but this morning I saw that I’m back up!!! Whew! I got a suggestion, which I didn’t know about.... I had to text START to Facebook. I didn’t realize I wouldn’t get a text unless I did that. Not sure if that fixed it but this morning the page is back. Whew.

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
I shut down and disabled my account years ago and don't regret it. My wife still has an account to keep up with the kids, and she has shown my a few pics of kids and grand kids. Otherwise I don't think I missed a thing I would have been interested in. I'm not anti-technology; just don't like Facebook.