Facilities/Construction Update

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 24, 2007
Stillwater, OK
Equestrian has been adding some new offices, locker room and equine tie-out areas.
Pics:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPP74JsAQQm/?taken-by=larrysanchezosu

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPxhQ5XFnGG/?taken-by=larrysanchezosu

https://www.instagram.com/p/BP-Tb9uFE99/?taken-by=larrysanchezosu

Dec 24, 2007
Stillwater, OK
I can confirm work has commenced on the soccer facility. This is very exciting!
I drove by yesterday and the evergreen bushes, "press box", and fence on the west side has been removed. There is also a construction fence around the complex.
Hoping to see an official announcement from OSU Athletics soon. Would love to see renderings. Does anyone have any other details?

Aug 2, 2011
What about the circle drive leading up to GIA where the old practice fields are?

Also, curious as to when the old business building, power plant, and Cordell will be coming down.

Wish we had someone in the know that regularly kept us updated on all this stuff. I always enjoy hearing the campus news relating to construction.

Seth25809er

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Jan 8, 2012
What about the circle drive leading up to GIA where the old practice fields are?

Also, curious as to when the old business building, power plant, and Cordell will be coming down.

Wish we had someone in the know that regularly kept us updated on all this stuff. I always enjoy hearing the campus news relating to construction.
@cowboycramer does a pretty good job of providing updates. I know I appreciate them.

El Gato Bandito

that log had a child
Jan 5, 2009

I think the circle drive idea has been scrapped, but I'm not 100% on that.

Business building, power plant and Cordell teardowns are all moving targets that don't necessarily have set in stone dates. Out of those 3 though I would say power plant is likely to come down first.

Feb 5, 2008
I'll make a bold prediction and say a new wrestling facility might be built between Gallagher/Iba and the HOF..............

Jun 6, 2007
Stillwater OK

The (soon-to-be-old) business building has a recently-extended lease on life. Parts of the engineering college will have their offices renovated soon and they need a temporary location from which to operate during the renovation period, so they'll be moving into the old business building. Thus, one should not expect the old business building to come down anytime soon.

On the subject of that ugly old power plant coming down...I can't wait. That thing is an eyesore.