Fall Camp 2019 old thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
good lord... I smash you on your Pac12 comment, now you come back for more.

They're building and entire WEST CAMPUS expansion, complete with transportation between the 2 sites, it's a beautiful and fantastic project. Yes the stadium will start out at 35k seats, and they'll add more when they need them... just like OSU and our upper deck that is never coming.

Dude... they're doing that on Mt West Conf money. It's $250 million dollars.

We wouldn't have crap if it wasn't for Boone Pickens. I get it, you don't want to expand. So be it.
So I see you stick to your usual stick of attacking someone. You did not "smash" me, I simply decided not to address the Pac 12 portion as it really is a side issue since we are not dealing with a Pac 12 school. Plus I noticed and decided to point out that even the information YOU provided was against them being a Big XII school based on stadium attendance.

Not sure how a campus expansion comes into play in a discussion about stadium attendance? Also not sure how you could think the stadium is going to be expanded past 35K anytime soon, when it is not even planned to open till 2022. Thus any talk about expansion is just talk for the near future. Thus if they did get added to the Big XII their attendance would at BEST be 35K per year (and that is even saying they sell out EVERY game). This is over 10K fewer seats than any of the current conference members stadiums, and 18K fewer seats than the average of the conference stadiums. I just don't see how you can say they are even close to being at the level to be a true addition to the conference.

Not sure what your fixation is with SDSU but it really doesn't matter cause the ONLY way they get added is if things go down a very crazy expansion path where a lot of schools are needed to fill out conferences.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
you need the full Monty
You need to unclench. The government isn't spying on you. The EPA will save us all. Your municipal job is extremely important. You don't know nearly as much as you think you do about college football (NTTAWWT). And that wall you keep arguing with is beating the living hell out of you. Relax drama boy.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
You need to unclench. The government isn't spying on you. The EPA will save us all. Your municipal job is extremely important. You don't know nearly as much as you think you do about college football (NTTAWWT). And that wall you keep arguing with is beating the living hell out of you. Relax drama boy.
what the heck are you even talking about.... Monty Montezuma is their prior mascot, and current spirit leader (sort of like Pistol Pete)

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
what the heck are you even talking about.... Monty Montezuma is their prior mascot, and current spirit leader (sort of like Pistol Pete)
so, are you a street sweeper, Cali? or are you the guy who scrapes dead animals off Del Prado Ave?

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
so, are you a street sweeper, Cali? or are you the guy who scrapes dead animals off Del Prado Ave?
just a normal guy who finds himself constantly attacked needlessly like Rob did, and now you're doing.

I made a joke about the SDSU spirit leader and the adversity they had about it.... telling jokes and making humor is very difficult when you have an uninformed and generally disengaged personally biased audience.

it's just a tough crowd tonight....

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
just a normal guy who finds himself constantly attacked needlessly like Rob did, and now you're doing.

I made a joke about the SDSU spirit leader and the adversity they had about it.... telling jokes and making humor is very difficult when you have an uninformed and generally disengaged personally biased audience.

maybe, it's b/c you're just not funny...............

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I got the attempted joke, you still need to unclench.

See?

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
First off, thank you to all who participated in our new OSU beat writer's poll of favorite football moments. Results are here, with several Bedlam victories making the cut.

The latest from Frank Bonner II --- OSU's new quarterback will be surrounded by veteran support and talent

For the first time since 2012, Oklahoma State will open the football season with a quarterback who has yet to throw a pass for the Cowboys.

Hawaii graduate transfer Dru Brown, who had 747 pass attempts as a starter for Hawaii, or the 2017 Mr. Texas Football in redshirt freshman Spencer Sanders will be the new face of the offense.

The starter will take over a passing offense that has ranked in the nation’s top 10 for the past four years. He also will lead a team looking to bounce back from a seven-win season after going 10-3 for three consecutive years.

“Oklahoma State is used to 10-win seasons, and last year we kind of disappointed the fans by not living up to our expectations,” wide receiver Tylan Wallace said last week at Big 12 Media Days. “I feel like that’s one thing we’ve really got to focus on.”

A lot is expected out of OSU offenses, but the quarterback won’t be forced to do it alone. The Cowboys have a few veterans protecting the quarterback, as three of the six returning offensive starters play on the offensive line. The OSU offense also has three returning players who have been named to national watch lists.
EDIT: Just posted from Guerin Emig: Mike Gundy tells Doug Gottlieb he needs his quarterback to play "the right way"

Mike Gundy went on Doug Gottlieb’s Fox Sports Radio show Tuesday. The Oklahoma State coach talked about bailing and cutting hay for a while, and eventually got around to football.
The most interesting exchange was about the quarterback battle being waged between redshirt freshman Spencer Sanders and Hawaii transfer Dru Brown.
Gundy didn’t change his answer when it came to identifying a starter – he is as uncertain now as he was in June and at Big 12 Media Days a week and a half ago.

“This is the first in my career as a head coach that we’ve had a quarterback race that’s dead even starting in August,” Gundy told Gottlieb. “People have asked, ‘Who’s gonna play’ I don’t know right now. In spring ball nobody took it. Now, if somebody shows up in the next two to three weeks and they win the job, we’ll name a starter. It makes my job easier of we name a starter.
“I think ultimate that’s best for the team, when they know who the quarterback is. But you can’t name a starter if you don’t know.”

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
Along his same line of logic, I wonder what our chances are with the Austrailian recruits this season being we have a punter from Austrailia, I wonder how many recruiting resources we'll use this season on recruiting in Austrailia... and I wonder how many millions of viewers from the Austrailian market we'll pick up!?
there is a lot of trailing to do.......

Well

This just shows my eyes are going too
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
"The Oklahoma State coach talked about bailing and cutting hay for a while, and eventually got around to football."

This is funny..

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/CowboyFB/status/1154541843658395648?s=19

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
We had a few things on new offensive coordinator Sean Gleeson today.

First, from Guerin Emig...

Now that he’s at FBS Power 5 Oklahoma State and 31 days from calling plays at Oregon State. ... What should we know?

I asked around OSU’s offensive staff Monday afternoon.

“What I’ve learned is he’s very personable. Doesn’t really know a stranger. He’ll talk to anybody,” tight ends/Cowboy backs coach Jason McEndoo said. “That makes the room a lot better as far as he doesn’t have an agenda.”

A 34-year-old Ivy League transfer shouldn’t be a know-it-all among staff veterans like McEndoo, running backs coach John Wozniak and receivers coach/associate head coach Kasey Dunn. Certainly not with OSU enjoying a 15-year run of offensive success.

Gleeson is no know-it-all.

“His listening is good,” Dunn said. “He knows he’s not trying to come in and reinvent the wheel. We’re not 120th in the country in offense, so he’s not coming in overthinking anything. It’s ‘Hey, what can we do that’s just a little bit better?’ That’s the right approach.”
And from Frank Bonner II...

Oklahoma State offensive coordinator Sean Gleeson is embarking on his first season with the Cowboys, and one of the most important tasks for him and head coach Mike Gundy is finding a starting quarterback during training camp.

The motto Gleeson is using when trying to decide between Hawaii graduate transfer Dru Brown and 2017 Mr. Texas Football redshirt freshman Spencer Sanders is “the CIA.”

The CIA guys in the movies always seem to get things done, Gleeson said. And that is what he needs his quarterback to do. Competitiveness, intelligence and accuracy are the three elements Gleeson is looking for from his quarterback.

“We want to score a touchdown on every drive, so if our quarterback isn’t personifying that, then we’ve picked the wrong guy,” Gleeson said at the assistant coaches media availability on Monday. “You hear stories about guys not wanting to give up a point in a basketball game. That’s what we want. Secondly, I want him to be intelligent. There is a lot on the shoulders of the quarterback in this system, and I need their intelligence to come through.”
Also, in case you missed it this weekend, Frank looked back Gundy's bowl record.

Status
Not open for further replies.