Fall Practice Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Poke4Real

Territorial Marshal
Sep 12, 2006
Third Coast
Isaac McCoy wanted to devote all of his efforts toward basketball, so he transferred somewhere I forget and he's a full-time point guard these days.

Brandon Sheperd and CJ Curry constitute a really good freshman WR duo. Curry is more physically ready to play, but Sheperd has been making highlight catches in practice since he got here.

Don't count out Blake Jackson. I'm eager to see how big an impact he can make early in the season.

OSUFirepolak

Federal Marshal
Jan 16, 2005
We brought in six WRs, I would hope that at least two of them will be ready to play this year.

Also Blake Jackson looked a little lost to me in the Spring game and I've heard he had the drops sometimes in the spring. But hopefully with some more time in the system he can improve. The guy is huge and could be a nightmare matchup issue with smaller DBs.

Poke4Real

Territorial Marshal
Sep 12, 2006
Third Coast
We can't afford for Jackson to be Justin Horton 2.0. No offense to Justin personally, but he never really lived up to the hype surrounding him when we first signed him, IMO. Here's hoping for a big season from Justin this year. We need Blake Jackson to thrive early and often. He's the perfect security blanket in the redzone for a QB who's new to the college game.

Dec 21, 2008
Things that intrigue/interest me:
1) TMoore being down to 215? He looked like he was around 235ish 2 years ago. He and Blake Jackson are future studs
2) DT! Littlehead a SO. Barnett a JR. Hayes a SR. Castleman a SO. Mustafa RS FR
3) Gilbert will be a 1st/2nd rounder with continued development. We have numerous guys in the next 2-3 years that will be getting drafted. Randle might leave early pus Quinn and Tracy plus Broderick maybe plus Elkins w/o a doubt plus Horton maybe plus our OL.
4) Absolute studs at LB and WR. Just ready for a name or 3 to emerge from all the traffic. The Moores, Jackson, Sheperd, Curry, Glidden, Carr, Anderson.....
5) Looking at the diminished # of Srs, we a verrry young team. Whole lot of RS FR and SOs!

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
The redshirts provide much needed depth and seasoning but, of all those listed on the roster, I think only 12 of them are scholarship players, give or take. The rest are walk-ons or "invited" walk-ons and some may eventually play their way into a scholarship, but we should probably count no more than 12 for any appreciable playing time in the next year or two. Accounting for attrition, if we have 8 or 9 major contributors by their Jr. or Sr. years, and some of the walk-ons providing spot duty and special teams play, that will be a solid class.

LEGALPOKE

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Jul 6, 2005
Oklahoma City
Jan 7, 2012
Didn't Davis depart us for one year? He's a big fella! Glad to have him in the fold, even if for just one year.
maybe he did something to gain another year of eligibility because i just checked the OSU 2012 media guide and they have dejuan as a 'letterman lost' going into this season.

May 12, 2010
Santa Barbara
Daniel Koenig has really thrived under Glass... he's put on some serious lbs... I seem to recall he was tall and kind of lanky for an OL his freshman year...thought he was around 260 or so - no he's listed at 310. Gotta love the bloodlines as well..

Go Pokes!

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Things that intrigue/interest me:
1) TMoore being down to 215? He looked like he was around 235ish 2 years ago. He and Blake Jackson are future studs
2) DT! Littlehead a SO. Barnett a JR. Hayes a SR. Castleman a SO. Mustafa RS FR
3) Gilbert will be a 1st/2nd rounder with continued development. We have numerous guys in the next 2-3 years that will be getting drafted. Randle might leave early pus Quinn and Tracy plus Broderick maybe plus Elkins w/o a doubt plus Horton maybe plus our OL.
4) Absolute studs at LB and WR. Just ready for a name or 3 to emerge from all the traffic. The Moores, Jackson, Sheperd, Curry, Glidden, Carr, Anderson.....
5) Looking at the diminished # of Srs, we a verrry young team. Whole lot of RS FR and SOs!
What have Tracy Moore and Justin Horton proven that would lead you to believe they're NFL-caliber players? No offense to you or to them, but I just don't see those guys being the bigtime playmakers that elite college teams or NFL rosters usually have.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
We can't afford for Jackson to be Justin Horton 2.0. No offense to Justin personally, but he never really lived up to the hype surrounding him when we first signed him, IMO. Here's hoping for a big season from Justin this year. We need Blake Jackson to thrive early and often. He's the perfect security blanket in the redzone for a QB who's new to the college game.
Umm no offense to Horton has decent speed and solid blocker but he was no where near as highly thought of as Blake Jackson. We got Blake Jackson over OU, Arkansas and others.