Fall Practice Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
I heard Monken say the defense won the scrimmage Saturday. I guess Lunt threw a couple picks but that is going to happen. With Broderick Brown in there and younger corners getting experienced. Said Bill Young threw in a Tampa 2 defense and did some things different. Sounds like we had some holding and offsides, struggled a bit more. I'm sure we moved the ball some. I'm kinda glad to see both sides competing. Takes both sides to win games.

Also glad Lunt and WR's are seeing different looks.
Growing pains in practice is good for all of us.

Jan 7, 2012
FYI, RA said yesterday that James Castleman has moved ahead of Anthony Rogers and is now a starter at DT. Bill Young said it was a 'battlefield promotion' because Castleman has been playing really well at DT.

To this day I still don't get what Gundy was doing with Cate. Back then I made it to a few practices and thought if Cate ever played a game that he would struggle bad. The dude just had a highschool arm and he couldn't really run on top of that. Every time I saw him in person, I just couldn't see one thing that he was really good at. When Gundy announced him as the starter in the Colorado game, I immediately thought it was a mistake. I thought, well maybe he was doing something different in the other practices that I didn't see.
no offense, but do any of you follow our team at all? Gundy AND Weeden have said several times that the reason Cate started over Weeden was because Weeden didn't practice particularly well and didn't really pay attention during meetings because he was a 3rd team QB and didn't feel any urgency to apply himself. so if Weeden didn't show Gundy much work ethic or leadership, Gundy wasn't going to have a lot of faith in him.

Jul 17, 2007
FYI, RA said yesterday that James Castleman has moved ahead of Anthony Rogers and is now a starter at DT. Bill Young said it was a 'battlefield promotion' because Castleman has been playing really well at DT.

no offense, but do any of you follow our team at all? Gundy AND Weeden have said several times that the reason Cate started over Weeden was because Weeden didn't practice particularly well and didn't really pay attention during meetings because he was a 3rd team QB and didn't feel any urgency to apply himself. so if Weeden didn't show Gundy much work ethic or leadership, Gundy wasn't going to have a lot of faith in him.
Cate shouldn't have been taking 2nd team snaps to begin with. When you are listed on 3rd team behind someone like that, would you get up either? Weeden was probably walking the screw it line and I don't blame him. Especially when you know you are that much more talented. Sometimes winning consist of coaches opening up their eyes. Luckily Gundy did that.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Cate shouldn't have been taking 2nd team snaps to begin with. When you are listed on 3rd team behind someone like that, would you get up either? Weeden was probably walking the screw it line and I don't blame him. Especially when you know you are that much more talented. Sometimes winning consist of coaches opening up their eyes. Luckily Gundy did that.
Hey remember that one time we had that war in Vietnam? What a controversy that was, right?! Should we have even been there in the first place? I mean, did our involvement solve anything and if so, was it worth the loss of American lives? It was a tough decision for sure.

Anyway, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah, Fall Practice.

Jul 17, 2007
Hey remember that one time we had that war in Vietnam? What a controversy that was, right?! Should we have even been there in the first place? I mean, did our involvement solve anything and if so, was it worth the loss of American lives? It was a tough decision for sure.

Anyway, what were we talking about again? Oh yeah, Fall Practice.
Haha, alright alright OSUMike, I'll get back on top. lol

Jan 7, 2012
Haha, alright alright OSUMike, I'll get back on top. lol
well technically, all you did was respond to my e-mail. so not really your fault. anywho, let's talk about practice.

i will post this again, because it might have gotten lost in that argument and because i think this is a good development at the DT spot.

okstate987

as honest as a Denver man can be.
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
well technically, all you did was respond to my e-mail. so not really your fault. anywho, let's talk about practice.

i will post this again, because it might have gotten lost in that argument and because i think this is a good development at the DT spot.

Winning the recruiting battle over Castleman with tech looks better and better every day.

RutherfordFan

Federal Marshal
Feb 5, 2008
Oklahoma City
new poke Castleman was just a true freshman last year and he played sparingly as a frosh so that spoke well of him. He's got a good future. Happy to hear this because we know Anthony Rogers is a pretty solid DT, pretty decent started most of last year. Well he and Littlehead were about 50/50 but against OU and Stanford it was Rogers who started, though Littlehead made a couple plays against OU.

Dec 13, 2011
From what I hear Curry and Sheperd had some fubles in the scrimmage saturday though they look impressive for Freshmen. Stewart was Stewart but with more confidence. Also Tracy looked good in the red zone going up agianst Gilbert. Jackson is gonna be one of those guys you just cringe after he catches it bc you don't know if hes gonna murder someone or fumble. Seems like I recall hearing that Charlie had a couple drops. They said the D looked very good when they had time to get lined up and sub correctly...Wes had the offense movin fast! Don't shoot the messenger!! Just some fall practice '12 info didnt hear anything about ZROB or BWEED.

Jul 17, 2007
From what I hear Curry and Sheperd had some fubles in the scrimmage saturday though they look impressive for Freshmen. Stewart was Stewart but with more confidence. Also Tracy looked good in the red zone going up agianst Gilbert. Jackson is gonna be one of those guys you just cringe after he catches it bc you don't know if hes gonna murder someone or fumble. Seems like I recall hearing that Charlie had a couple drops. They said the D looked very good when they had time to get lined up and sub correctly...Wes had the offense movin fast! Don't shoot the messenger!! Just some fall practice '12 info didnt hear anything about ZROB or BWEED.
You know what. I kept thinking to myself, Jackson looks really good but nothing can be that perfect. I thought to myself, I bet he is fumble prone. I was hoping that wasn't true, then you mentioned it. Now I'm thinking to myself. I knew it. I knew there had to be a knock on him somewhere.

Mar 30, 2008
Alva, OK
When is the next depth chart supposed to be released? A blurb on one of the latest rivals articles said that the depth chart would feature 13 total freshmen (true and redshirt). If true, this bodes very well for our future as a lot of young guys will get a lot of valuable experience.