Fall Practice Thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

HeartLike_JohnStarks

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2008
Streets got my heart, game got my soul
Part of it is Alex Elkins and his abilities. He is fast, explosive and athletic too. Lewis is not on a different planet compared to Elkins like he was with Gent.
True dat. Elkins is on another level athletically, IMHO. Very few guys at his size can run and move that well in space. He was asked often times to cover RB's out of the backfield and stuck to them pretty well.

Dec 13, 2011
Lewis did slump a bit last year plus the leg injury. He also put up those numbers his freshmen year behind James Thomas. He didn't start until the K-State game if I remember correctly...which I never do. Speaking of James Thomas, I'm gonna miss that guy!! He made every snap count. Forced fumbles, Sacks, Fumble recovery, INTS. He was everywhere.

tyokstate

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 8, 2005
Ardmore, OK
Maybe one of the reasons he didn't have better numbers. Is due to the fact that a juco player with only 2 totals years of football experience. Was lined up on the opposite side of the field. It would make sense for opposing offenses to put to pressure on that side of the field.

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
Maybe one of the reasons he didn't have better numbers. Is due to the fact that a juco player with only 2 totals years of football experience. Was lined up on the opposite side of the field. It would make sense for opposing offenses to put to pressure on that side of the field.
Excellent point. And possibly teams came at Lewis during his freshman campaign, therefore elevating his stats for that year while avoiding him last season once he established himself?
All of the discussions regarding Lewis are valid. I expect him to be his typical outstanding self this year.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
What do yall think of Shaun Lewis and how he will do this season? I personally thought he kinda had a sophomore slump last year, but that's partly due to his fantastic Freshman season. I know people are excited about his added weight, but I think it kinda slowed him him down a bit and he seemed to lose some of that flexibility and quickness that made such a monster on blitzes his Fr season.
Oh God...fap fap...
I was speaking more from a physical standpoint. There weren't as many "wow" moments as his freshman year when he was clearly the best the guy in space and the best explosiveness and closing speed in the our front 7 last year. But I rarely saw that this year and he seemed to lumber at times and build up speed rather than explode out of his stance and accelerate like he used to

But maybe lager was right and that he did have some leg injury that we didn't know about.

Again, this is all moot point cause dude was still above average and a very good player, but I'm just bring up the hypothetical discussion about whether or not the added weight may have reduced some of this strengths.
OH. Gawd! Fap fap fap!
True dat. Elkins is on another level athletically, IMHO. Very few guys at his size can run and move that well in space. He was asked often times to cover RB's out of the backfield and stuck to them pretty well.
OH. MAH. GAH!!! FAPFAPFAPFAPFAPFAAAAAAAAP!!!!1