Football game played in Kansas last night with fans!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
High School football east / west shrine bowl for the state of Kansas was played in Topeka last night with fans in the stands! :)

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well to me it seemed very hopeful and gave me some hope. Look up the highlights...Many in the stands were wearing mask and social distancing in family groups. I don't think it was "dumb" at all, it was a sign that life doesn't have to end just because of fear, but that we can be smart and still do the things we enjoy. I hope to see this in the early fall out of high schools, colleges, and the pros. They had an all star game in Nebraska the week prior as well. I think we will see a few more of these soon. The stopping of all life for a virus that has a low death rate is counterproductive. Plus the MVP of the game is a relative of my family, and some of them went to the game, so I have special interest.

Last edited:
Aug 28, 2009
I would like to watch college football. In the fall. The more large gatherings that happen between now and September the less likely we have a college football season. This seems pretty dumb. “Many” had a mask on though... neat

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I would like to watch college football. In the fall. The more large gatherings that happen between now and September the less likely we have a college football season. This seems pretty dumb. “Many” had a mask on though... neat
They only allowed 1,600 people total in the stands...if you are sitting with your family group, not sure you need a mask until you go to the restroom or the concessions.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So basically it was like a Trump rally.
No these people were actually wearing mask and social distancing in family groups. Btw, I agree that doing that rally and those protest in Tulsa and even the Greenwood Celebration for Juneteenth without mask and social distancing were stupid during a pandemic and have likely contributed to our current surge.

The fact that we can do activities even rally and protest IF we social distance and wear mask is the point, not that we shouldn't do activities but that we should while doing the recommended safety measures. I'm thinking American's should work much harder to find some form of solidarity to that end. Instead of constantly complaining about one another and politics.

The goal should be BOTH getting rid of the virus, AND learning how to move on with life in a world that has one. These things may always be with us, is it not the right thing to do to learn how to move on in safe ways as to not sacrifice everything else in the process?

Last edited: