Former Trump WH Chief Economic Advisor lashes out at Trump Admin

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Gary Cohn, Trump former WH Chief Economic Advisor lashed out in radio interview saying

that Navarro is the only economist in the world left who thinks Tariffs actually work. He said tariffs the Trump admin is currently using only hurt American workers and consumers.

Claimed that Navarro and Wilbur Ross set up a secret meeting to inform steel and aluminum industry execs that tariffs where headed their way and said when he learned of this it was when he decided to leave the WH

Said the US is losing the trade war the Trump admin is pursuing

Said the WH was like living in Chaos and said it is a chaotic organization that doesn't work

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
He really is just trying to sell books, and this is getting really old having these guys pop up every other week dishing dirt now when it benefits them, but not really saying shit while in the WH. Although we know who the real problem is. The king moron. The moron of all morons. El Presidente. The one and only Dotus the Potus!

Seriously, Trump is a fucking moron. Just yesterday he again (for the umpteenth time) said that we are collecting tariffs from China.

“I could live with receiving billions and billions of dollars per month from China”

He has no clue how international trade works. By far the worst president we have ever had in that regard. I guess when your dad pays for a bachelors degree from a prestigious business school you really don't have to pay attention.

Originally this might have all been worth it (at least as far as China goes) if he could actually get them to stop stealing our intellectual property. Though now I'm not even sure that it is worth that. If he doesn't at least get that, then he will have committed a huge economic blunder that could potentially cost us billions of dollars and not have shit to show for it.

Jul 20, 2018
He really is just trying to sell books, and this is getting really old having these guys pop up every other week dishing dirt now when it benefits them, but not really saying shit while in the WH. Although we know who the real problem is. The king moron. The moron of all morons. El Presidente. The one and only Dotus the Potus!

Seriously, Trump is a fucking moron. Just yesterday he again (for the umpteenth time) said that we are collecting tariffs from China.

“I could live with receiving billions and billions of dollars per month from China”

He has no clue how international trade works. By far the worst president we have ever had in that regard. I guess when your dad pays for a bachelors degree from a prestigious business school you really don't have to pay attention.

Originally this might have all been worth it (at least as far as China goes) if he could actually get them to stop stealing our intellectual property. Though now I'm not even sure that it is worth that. If he doesn't at least get that, then he will have committed a huge economic blunder that could potentially cost us billions of dollars and not have shit to show for it.
I'm pretty sure you're the moron who doesn't know jack from shit about tariffs and the economy.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
I do think tariffs are not good for trade and the economy, because they never do as intended. All it has ever become is a swinging dick contest. Couple that with the fact that Trump seeks to try to embarrass and shame China over their behavior (which is that they of course have been a very bad trade partner and even worse global citizen), then it doesn't look good for future trade prospects. For good or bad, Asia Diplomacy 101states that you always give the opponent the opportunity to save face gracefully, and he seemingly has no concern with doing that.

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
I'm pretty sure you're the moron who doesn't know jack from shit about tariffs and the economy.
So chalk you up as the same level of a moron as Trump. Who obviously doesn't even understand the basic principles of a tariff and sure as hell doesn't understand even a little bit how international trade works. That is just an obvious fact. Listen to him talk about tariffs and trade deficits. He doesn't have the slightest fucking clue.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

what words would you prefer that he use?

With the economic costs shifted to China, the U.S. levies will lead to a $18.4 billion net gain for the American government, the researchers wrote.

“Through its strategic choice of Chinese products, the U.S. government was not only able to minimize the negative effects on U.S. consumers and firms, but also to create substantial net welfare gains in the U.S.,” the researchers wrote.

President Donald Trump is succeeding in making China pay most of the cost of his trade war.

That’s the conclusion of a new paper from EconPol Europe, a network of researchers in the European Union. U.S. companies and consumers will only pay 4.5 percent more after the nation imposed 25 percent tariffs on $250 billion of Chinese goods, and the other 20.5 percent toll will fall on Chinese producers, according to authors Benedikt Zoller-Rydzek and Gabriel Felbermayr.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...g-for-most-of-trump-s-trade-war-research-says

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
Thank you. That's a great compliment.

He's got billions. I bet you haven't even made a million.
LOL

You dipshit.

His daddy gave him billions (in today's dollars). He lost it, then grifted his way back to maybe hundreds of millions (though I doubt it). He has lost far more money than he has ever made.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2018
LOL

You dipshit.

His daddy gave him billions (in today's dollars). He lost it, then grifted his way back to maybe hundreds of millions (though I doubt it). He has lost far more money than he has ever made.
You should have a better daddy

Last edited by a moderator:

CowboyOrangeFan

Mmmm, yeah.
A/V Subscriber
Jun 9, 2006
Florida
who's truth, yours or Bloomberg's?

I think that what I posted pretty much supports what Trump is saying - that China is paying a huge price for their trade war...

"the U.S. levies will lead to a $18.4 billion net gain for the American government"
Your an idiot. You post an old article and apparently didn't even read it. Or you aren't able to comprehend it. Either way, it didn't prove shit. Dumbass.