George Floyd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
There is a dread in my heart about all of this. There is an orchestrated side of these riots that worries me so much. Most of what you see out here are young kids or early 20something adults. They are coming and coming night after night. Calls to stop the rioting are only going to grow. Trump has thrown down the gauntlet.

My worry is that all the orchestrators want is the armed conflict and real blood in the streets. IDK that we could ever recover from that. The rioters will say they are using their 2nd Amendment rights against a tyrannical government. The other side will label them terrorists. People keep talking about elections in Nov, but I'm worried about living life here and now.

I'm terrified of blood in the streets, beyond that which we have seen so far.

You want to reform the police and their policy? Go ahead.

Nearly everyone agrees that Mr. Floyd's death was a massive abuse of power and the officers involved should face the music. We can't get to that. We can't address that. We can't even address the generational fear and hurt within minority communities. Cause every night there is this replay of the night before. No one can write reform right now.

I'm gonna stop now, but my heart is so heavy with this stuff I can't even believe it. I have two black daughters. 1 won't understand much of this at all. She's autistic and is more interested in other things. She gets things on snippets but somehow seems to understand better than I ever expect. The other is 16, and she hates it all. She's confused by a lot of it and I'm trying to explain things too her, but it is really hard to make sense out of nonsense.

She sees cops taking a knee and hugging peaceful protestors and then she sees the destruction and violence. She's trying to understand, but so am I.

God bless.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
just shaking my head. We just came out of full blown lock down from a virus that has killed 100K+ US citizens to date. We have been shaming people for not social distancing, and now we have protests with absolutely NO social distancing. I sincerely hope that summer heat limits transmission of the virus. White, Black, or brown, covid don't care. My concern is the entire shutdown to stop the virus may have just been undone.
I'm not worried about. I don't think the deaths due to the virus will go up much. I think a lot of older people, over 65 knew better than to participate in the protests. In Oklahoma, 80.5% of the deaths due to the virus happen to people 65 or older. However, hopefully, young people won't spread the virus to those older people. So COVID cares about who it most wants to kill.
You must have missed the psa the racists put out recently. Covid only kills people of color

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I've definitely heard black people griping about it, like it was made that way or something.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Happened THIS weekend: 82 people shot and 19 died in Chicago (17 were shot and killed on Sunday alone)

Number of ”peaceful“ protests to fight this: zero
Exactly. If you are against police brutality, then be against it when the white guy was killed needlessly recently. Be against when Indians, blacks, white, Asians, or Latinos are treated wrongly.
But if you say it's for black lives matter, then protest the black children and innocent adults that are killed by other blacks in gang and drug related violence. Protest the rappers that encourage the gang life, and because of their attitudes towards women as sex objects and baby mama's , promote single parent households. Protest against planned parenthood that kills black babies at an alarming rate in the inner cities.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Someone dying as a man has his knee to the back of his neck for over 11 minutes (including after he had already died) is blamed on asphyxia.

How do you know Floyd would have lived if the cop hadn't put a knee to him? Or had the cops got him in the car to stay, he could have died in the car and the video would not have been anywhere near as explosive. They apparently called an ambulance, so they must have known he wasn't doing well. No doubt, the cops exercised ridiculously piss poor judgment. Who knows how many other similar cases have happened in the country that we'll never know about, because cops actually knew how to handle them?
I'm actually agreeing with you. Weird.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So let me get this straight.....they release a report the other day acting like the restraint had little to do with it, then the family gets a second opinion. Second opinion was a 180. Then they promptly release another one agreeing with the second opinion?

My question is how many people are sitting in prison right now on unrelated cases due to the medical examiner giving some bogus report? This could go so deep. What a can of worms. Didn't we have a crime lab technician in Oklahoma that was giving bogus reports that sent a whole bunch of people to prison? All kinds of convictions had to be overturned because of her?
They are agreeing homicide, but they still are saying primarily heart attack due to underlying conditions as well as being restrained.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Interesting thought there from the gentleman pictured below.

"To my white brothers and sisters in the Lord, please hear me on this.

Contrary to the narrative that is being propagated by some white evangelical social justicians in the wake of the death of George Floyd in Minnesota, I, for one, do not carry around with me the "burden of hundreds of years of slavery in America" nor do I blame you or any of your ancestors for it. In fact, many of my own ancestors were slave owners and slave traders who, were it not for them, slavery, as an institution in America, would not have been as pervasive as it was.

The existence of slavery, not only in America but in the world, is owing to one thing—the innate sinfulness of mankind (see Romans 3:23). But all that is secondary to the larger point I want to make—and if this doesn't apply to you, please feel free to ignore and disregard my comments—but I am asking you, in the spirit of Ephesians 4:15 (speaking the truth in love), to please stop taking opportunities like the death of George Floyd to virtue signal to black people as if we are a tribe. Needless to say, we are not. Like you, every black person is uniquely created in the image of God (see Genesis 1:27; 5:1).

That black people happen to have shared a common shade of melanin with George Floyd, doesn't mean we all are viewing the circumstances of his death in such a way as to process what happened to him through the lens of slavery. Trust me, it is not helpful when white people, however well-intended, lump all black people together monolithically as collective mourners over a particular incident solely on the basis that the color of our skin is the same as the victim.

What we all should grieve is that an image-bearer of God was murdered, not that a black image-bearer of God was murdered. That's not grieving, my brothers and sisters, that's virtue signaling, and I can see right through it."

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Turning our military on us for riots is not "us" either. As I said, I hate communists. But, you don't double down on the stupid and deploy the military in a situation that can be handled with police and national guard. It is horrible precedence that shows a president hell-bent on taking away our freedoms. This is overbearing federal government trampling on states. I remember once when republicans were actually for a republic and would have hated the thought of it. If we somehow get to a point that the governors of states are stating that their national guard troops are not sufficient, then maybe. But, not with a federal government trouncing on our republic. No, no way.
He has a problem with his own rhetoric...it's nothing new...and those who think he is actually going to send the military on this 'should' know by now it's only a threat if things get MUCH worse. When and if they do he will...but for now the national guard is sufficient...just as you agree and stated.

Mar 11, 2006
That black people happen to have shared a common shade of melanin with George Floyd, doesn't mean we all are viewing the circumstances of his death in such a way as to process what happened to him through the lens of slavery. Trust me, it is not helpful when white people, however well-intended, lump all black people together monolithically as collective mourners over a particular incident solely on the basis that the color of our skin is the same as the victim.
Wise words. Too many SJWs, and even some on this board, act like when they talk to two people different from them they know what right for all people different from them. They forget people are individuals.
That’s not progress or care, it is a myopic and dehumanizing.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Wise words. Too many SJWs, and even some on this board, act like when they talk to two people different from them they know what right for all people different from them. They forget people are individuals.
That’s not progress or care, it is a myopic and dehumanizing.
I have a good friend and prayer partner who happens to have a darker shade of melanin than me that has this exact sentiment...I also have another friend, also with darker skin, who, seemingly at least at times, wants the world to burn. One is charged in general and emotional at times yet typically calms down as storms clam down, the other is calm and reasonable most times. My job, as a friend, is just to be calm and light and sympatric to both hurting mentalities and to be reassuring. Also to treat all others as myself.

The point here is that people...of all races...are people.. Lumping them together for political purposes is evil and, in reality, racist, and typically preformed by the very people who shout "racism" all the time. ironic.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2011
He has a problem with his own rhetoric...it's nothing new...and those who think he is actually going to send the military on this 'should' know by now it's only a threat if things get MUCH worse. When and if they do he will...but for now the national guard is sufficient...just as you agree and stated.
Understatement of the century and that is a massive issue that get glossed over because it has become the norm. The president of the United States words matter. I had a long post typed up, but I am really trying to stay out of petty online arguments, so I scaled back to this.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Understatement of the century and that is a massive issue that get glossed over because it has become the norm. The president of the United States words matter. I had a long post typed up, but I am really trying to stay out of petty online arguments, so I scaled back to this.
One of the problems is that he speaks a LOT of words and then the press takes the most bombastic ones and highlights them without highlighting the ones designed to be not bombastic and to provide calm. Oh well, it is what it is, it's going to be interesting when he wins the Presidency again...really intresting.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2011
One of the problems is that he speaks a LOT of words and then the press takes the most bombastic ones and highlights them without highlighting the ones designed to be not bombastic. Oh well, it is what it is.
Fair and no arguments here. I would say those with the means to shift/control the narrative will focus on whatever they want to support their point.

But again, ALL his words matter. And I don't think anyone would argue that he has had plenty of bombastic rhetoric, whether the words/actions are focused on or not. At the moment, more empathetic and calming words would probably go a long way, however I feel it would be disingenuous considering the track record.

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
Calm and empathy you say? Hows that gonna work out for these thugs beating innocent people in the streets? I say bring down the hammer..meet force with force. If the govt doesnt step in and shut this down pretty quick, fed up citizens will and will be much uglier than a federal response.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Nothing says Justice like the police breaking a window in a car for no reason.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gv2lku/news_chopper_pans_out_as_riverside_county_sheriff/