George Floyd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
Well folks do we now have a reason for the AR-15, sawed off shotguns, handguns with extended magazines and tannerite? Asking for a friend.
I don't know about sawed off shotguns, but the people of Coeur d' Alene, ID were prepared to handle it in case violent groups, like Pantifa or Antifa that gave trouble to nearby Spokane were coming to town. The townspeople didn't mind if you held a protest sign. Interesting how crime as gone down, not up as the town gained so much population that is is now eligible for metro status.

You can't depend on government to protect you without it coming up with an excuse as to why it can't or wont.

https://www.facebook.com/ray.robles.125/videos/2604503616439464

https://www.khq.com/news/blm-protes...cle_46a4462a-a478-11ea-ac8a-bf2710042a77.html

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
One of the problems is that he speaks a LOT of words and then the press takes the most bombastic ones and highlights them without highlighting the ones designed to be not bombastic. Oh well, it is what it is.
Fair and no arguments here. I would say those with the means to shift/control the narrative will focus on whatever they want to support their point.

But again, ALL his words matter. And I don't think anyone would argue that he has had plenty of bombastic rhetoric, whether the words/actions are focused on or not. At the moment, more empathetic and calming words would probably go a long way, however I feel it would be disingenuous considering the track record.
I think that if you take his whole speech yesterday, you see that he is urging the mayors and governors to handle the situation first and foremost. He is stressing though, that if they don't, he has a duty as president to see that the citizens are protected from those wishing violence on them. Personally, if governors don't call up the guard when needed, I would think that he can supercede them and call up their guard into the army as reserves and thus deploy them for their own state but under federal chain of command.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Nothing says Justice like the police breaking a window in a car for no reason.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/gv2lku/news_chopper_pans_out_as_riverside_county_sheriff/
Since the video cuts out, do we know if there was anyone in the vehicle with the doors locked trying to hide maybe?

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I don't know about sawed off shotguns, but the people of Coeur d' Alene, ID were prepared to handle it in case violent groups, like Pantifa or Antifa that gave trouble to nearby Spokane were coming to town. The townspeople didn't mind if you held a protest sign. Interesting how crime as gone down, not up as the town gained so much population that is is now eligible for metro status.

You can't depend on government to protect you without it coming up with an excuse as to why it can't or wont.

https://www.facebook.com/ray.robles.125/videos/2604503616439464

https://www.khq.com/news/blm-protes...cle_46a4462a-a478-11ea-ac8a-bf2710042a77.html
Love Coeur d'Alene. Beautiful town.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Since the video cuts out, do we know if there was anyone in the vehicle with the doors locked trying to hide maybe?

The guy that broke the window walks away and rejoins the line. So I would say about .00000001% chance there was someone in the car. Maybe about the same chance people running out of the Nike stores paid too.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
The guy that broke the window walks away and rejoins the line. So I would say about .00000001% chance there was someone in the car. Maybe about the same chance people running out of the Nike stores paid too.
Just spit balling here, but what if they had an order to have all vehicles cleared from the area. They might have been checking for something nefarious, if it wasn't suppose to be there.

https://countyofriverside.us/NewsHi...laimed-countywide-curfew-set-for-tonight.aspx

https://countyofriverside.us/Portal...?ver=2020-06-01-140127-673×tamp=1591045309162

The order did not say anything about have vehicles removed or anything. IDK

This whole thing is just nuts.

Oct 30, 2007
Here are some people on their porch. There was a curfew but everyone was told they could be on their own property.
They literally ordered her to get inside 8 separate times prior to opening fire with paint pellets. What did she think was going to happen if she continued to blatantly disregard their orders like that?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Just spit balling here, but what if they had an order to have all vehicles cleared from the area. They might have been checking for something nefarious, if it wasn't suppose to be there.

https://countyofriverside.us/NewsHi...laimed-countywide-curfew-set-for-tonight.aspx

https://countyofriverside.us/Portal...?ver=2020-06-01-140127-673×tamp=1591045309162

The order did not say anything about have vehicles removed or anything. IDK

This whole thing is just nuts.
Well, at worst it would be a parking ticket. You can see several parked cars on the side streets they are moving towards.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
They literally ordered her to get inside 8 separate times prior to opening fire with paint pellets. What did she think was going to happen if she continued to blatantly disregard their orders like that?
A lot of high tensions going on. If you are not doing anything wrong, why not comply on the first order. If your so damn curious look out the windows or wait until they go by. People need a lot of help with common sense these days.

Nov 26, 2006
I think a lot of people on this site need to think about this cartoon for awhile today. At this point, it isn't about Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative. We have a human disease sitting in the office of the president and defending his hateful rhetoric and embarrassing behavior is just shameful and ignorant at this point.
ZTfPIcC.png

Oct 25, 2009
Twin Falls, ID
I think a lot of people on this site need to think about this cartoon for awhile today. At this point, it isn't about Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative. We have a human disease sitting in the office of the president and defending his hateful rhetoric and embarrassing behavior is just shameful and ignorant at this point. View attachment 81257
Says the latest libtard.

Nov 26, 2006
Says the latest libtard.
This is the kind of thoughtful response I would expect from a Trump supporter. You know nothing about me, yet feel the need to label me as an opponent to make yourself feel better about protecting a person who has done nothing, but try to divide this country since he started his campaign and has only fueled the protests and destruction we've seen over the weekend. Call me all the names you want. You are wrong and I pity you.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
A lot of high tensions going on. If you are not doing anything wrong, why not comply on the first order. If your so damn curious look out the windows or wait until they go by. People need a lot of help with common sense these days.
This is one of those instances where both things can be true at the same time.

The people were literally sitting on their own front porch, doing nothing wrong. I think most freedom loving people, curfew or not, would expect sitting on ones front porch not worth of pelting. However, they knew the situation and were poking the bear so to speak. Now, same goes for the cops. They could see those people were doing nothing wrong, and could have ignored them and walked on by, but one of them was on a bit of a power trip and couldn't let it go. People are gonna people I guess.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
This is the kind of thiug

This is the kind of thoughtful response I would expect from a Trump supporter. You know nothing about me, yet feel the need to label me as an opponent to make yourself feel better about protecting a person who has done nothing, but try to divide this country since he started his campaign and has only fueled the protests and destruction we've seen over the weekend. Call me all the names you want. You are wrong and I pity you.
Yeah immediately calling for the feds to investigate the officers and making a public statement what the police did was totally wrong and it shouldn't have happened. Was some serious instigation.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Well the Governor had just said on TV that it was ok to be on your porch at your own house. I like how it is common sense now to expect police will shoot pepper spay at your house when you are breaking 0 laws. These judgement calls that police make now to take huge amount of force against citizens breaking the most minor of laws or in this case no law IS THE PROBLEM.

https://dps.mn.gov/macc/Pages/faq.aspx

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
I think a lot of people on this site need to think about this cartoon for awhile today. At this point, it isn't about Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative. We have a human disease sitting in the office of the president and defending his hateful rhetoric and embarrassing behavior is just shameful and ignorant at this point. View attachment 81257
Just so we know. Your suggested option is Biden? You know, the old white guy that was accused of racism last week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Well the Governor had just said on TV that it was ok to be on your porch at your own house. I like how it is common sense now to expect police will shoot pepper spay at your house when you are breaking 0 laws. These judgement calls that police make now to take huge amount of force against citizens breaking the most minor of laws or in this case no law IS THE PROBLEM.

https://dps.mn.gov/macc/Pages/faq.aspx
No, they are both problems. The police might have overstepped their bounds by asking someone to go inside, but anyone that wouldn’t be hurt by just complying would be kinda dumb to disobey and risk escalating the situation. Personal intelligence needs to be exercised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 26, 2006
You are trying to spin a false narrative. Those actions were absolutely the right call and I am glad he did that. But that is sadly not the whole story. All of his tweets and his bullsh*t photo-op were absolutely disgusting and unbecoming as the leader of this country. I don't have time today to post articles that explain his rhetoric and his intentional use of phrasing that harkens back to rascism seen in the 60's, but if you think his tweets were attempts to unite people or support the state and local officials on the ground in all these cities, you are either getting a filtered view of what's happening or choose to ignore them.