George Floyd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
You are trying to spin a false narrative. Those actions were absolutely the right call and I am glad he did that. But that is sadly not the whole story. All of his tweets and his bullsh*t photo-op were absolutely disgusting and unbecoming as the leader of this country. I don't have time today to post articles that explain his rhetoric and his intentional use of phrasing that harkens back to rascism seen in the 60's, but if you think his tweets were attempts to unite people or support the state and local officials on the ground in all these cities, you are either getting a filtered view of what's happening or choose to ignore them.
Have you ever considered your getting a filtered view?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
This is the kind of thoughtful response I would expect from a Trump supporter. You know nothing about me, yet feel the need to label me as an opponent to make yourself feel better about protecting a person who has done nothing, but try to divide this country since he started his campaign and has only fueled the protests and destruction we've seen over the weekend. Call me all the names you want. You are wrong and I pity you.
The only reason to tear off the sticker is... if you don't you are likely going to be the object of political violence or at least bullying by the extreme TDS crowd. Smart people would never have indicated they are for Trump. So what happens, LosAngeles, when he get's elected yet again mostly due to... not his own ability, but the extreme hate and bias against him by those on the left who's Lord and Savior appears to be the occupant of the white house (as long as it's a Dem) at any given time? The problem with the other party is that their candidates seem to want to hand our country over to enemies of the state both domestic and foreign...That and the fact that they keep putting up lousy candidates...and that's saying something considering that Trump is in the White House....Even former Democrats are going to see that through these two crisis that are somewhat 'designed' to disrupt the election and will only solidify it further.

Btw, this is from someone who doesn't even like the guy.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
I think a lot of people on this site need to think about this cartoon for awhile today. At this point, it isn't about Republican or Democrat, liberal or conservative. We have a human disease sitting in the office of the president and defending his hateful rhetoric and embarrassing behavior is just shameful and ignorant at this point. View attachment 81257
Everyone: I don’t think we can be more divisive

LACowboy: hold my beer

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
You are trying to spin a false narrative. Those actions were absolutely the right call and I am glad he did that. But that is sadly not the whole story. All of his tweets and his bullsh*t photo-op were absolutely disgusting and unbecoming as the leader of this country. I don't have time today to post articles that explain his rhetoric and his intentional use of phrasing that harkens back to rascism seen in the 60's, but if you think his tweets were attempts to unite people or support the state and local officials on the ground in all these cities, you are either getting a filtered view of what's happening or choose to ignore them.
IF Obama would have done that (the photo op) the media would have been bowing at his feet...can't you see this? Btw, the riots started up again during the last administration as a way to attempt to change the narrative and hold power...they didn't work in 2015/16 and won't in 2020. Crazy how the major uptick in riots happened both times before elections where the Dem's weren't holding all the cards and needed to solidify people behind a "cause."...This is interesting and the public can see this I would think.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
This is the kind of thoughtful response I would expect from a Trump supporter. You know nothing about me, yet feel the need to label me as an opponent to make yourself feel better about protecting a person who has done nothing, but try to divide this country since he started his campaign and has only fueled the protests and destruction we've seen over the weekend. Call me all the names you want. You are wrong and I pity you.
Dude there have been people trying to divide this country for a very long time. Yes before trump, he just will not sit on his "tiny" hands.

Nov 6, 2010
IF Obama would have done that (the photo op) the media would have been bowing at his feet...can't you see this? Btw, the riots started up again during the last administration as a way to attempt to change the narrative and hold power...they didn't work in 2015/16 and won't in 2020. Crazy how the major uptick in riots happened both times before elections where the Dem's weren't holding all the cards...This is interesting and the public can see this I would think.
Oh come on, blaming the media again? Obama would have never tear gassed his way through protesters to take such a photo. Neither would have Bush, Clinton, Reagan, whoever. Quit normalizing this lunatic's behavior. If you like it and think it is what the country needs, so be it, just own it like NotOnTV does. I disagree with him, but respect him for owning it.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
This just popped up on my feed. Talk about bizarre. There is something wrong when these types of incidents happen. This one happened a few years ago. I'm not sure it's racial but does show problems in policing. Doesn't make national news when it doesn't fit a narrative though.

Handcuffed man, 48, dies in lobby of Texas jail after officer 'put knee to his throat' when he ran in saying his wife was trying to kill him
  • Joseph Sheldon Hutcheson, 48, came into the lobby of Dallas County jail on Saturday around 10am saying that his wife was going to kill him
  • Officers put him in handcuffs after saying he 'may be a threat'
  • Witnesses say that knees were placed on his back and throat and that he said he couldn't breathe before turning blue
  • CPR performed at the scene, though he was pronounced dead at hospital
  • Hutcheson had spent five months at jail in 2014 for drug possession
By CHRISTOPHER BRENNAN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 01:02 EDT, 2 August 2015 | UPDATED: 08:34 EDT, 2 August 2015

361shares
View comments

+3
Joseph Hutcheson, 48, died Saturday after he was put in handcuffs for behaving 'erratically' after entering Dallas County jail's main lobby
A Texas man died after being allegedly tackled and handcuffed by officers at a county jail he had rushed into claiming his wife was trying to kill him.
Joseph Sheldon Hutcheson, 48, lost consciousness and died after running first into a lobby of a tower at the Dallas County jail and then running into the main lobby around 10am.
He was reportedly behaving 'erratically' and police said that he was handcuffed after officers believed that the man 'may be a threat to himself or others until they could calm the man down'.

TOP ARTICLES2/5READ MOREMagic Johnson says he talks to his adultsons about the dangers of interacting with police

A witness said that Hutcheson told officers that he couldn't breathe and his face had turned pale blue.

April Berryhill told the Dallas Morning News that officers had knees to Hutcheson's back and throat during the incident when they were putting him in cuffs.
The woman had been at the justice center to submit a property release form and said that the deceased man went into the lobby to say 'Don’t be scared of me. I just need some help.'.
Berryhill said that he did not attempt to hit officers.
'When a person is asking for help, someone should reach out and help them...try and see what's going on with the person before you go in and start treating him like a dog,' witness Tiffany Todd White told WFAA.

Hutcheson was uncuffed after being unresponsive and was given CPR at the scene after a nurse was called, according to police.
RELATED ARTICLES
SHARE THIS ARTICLE

+3
Hutcheson had reportedly been saying that his wife was going to kill him when he entered through the doors (pictured) of the jail's main lobby
Dallas Fire-Rescue took him to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead at 11.31am.
Medical examiners have not yet released a cause of death.
Hutcheson had been released from the same jail on July 19 of last year after spending five months incarcerated for drug possession and evading arrest.
He is thought to have parked his pickup truck on a crosswalk outside the jail before entering.
A witness to the outside scene told CBS DFW that Hutcheson had been clutching his chest when he got out of the vehicle.
Dallas County sheriff’s office spokesman Raul Reyna told the Dallas Morning News that something which 'appeared to be narcotics' was found in the truck.
Visitors to the Dallas County jail on Saturday were told the facility was 'closed for the day'.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Oh come on, blaming the media again? Obama would have never tear gassed his way through protesters to take such a photo. Neither would have Bush, Clinton, Reagan, whoever. Quit normalizing this lunatic's behavior. If you like it and think it is what the country needs, so be it, just own it like NotOnTV does. I disagree with him, but respect him for owning it.
I have no problem with tear gassing rioters. The DC police said the people were attacking police before the tear gas got called in. Keep reading half the story.

Nov 6, 2010
I have no problem with tear gassing rioters. The DC police said the people were attacking police before the tear gas got called in. Keep reading half the story.
Of course you don't. The point is, he decided to walk across this area for a reason. Had noting to do with religion, the current situation, etc. It was him being a dick like no other president in recent memory would have been. Like I said, if you like that and think it is what the country needs, so be it. I disagree with you, but I also know I don't have all the answers.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Reagan most certainly would have...and did...nearly exactly the same thing...but try finding it on the web because they have censored it out.. Do yourself a favor and don't give up and find some information on how Reagan crushed riots and basically kicked started his political career. At least then you wouldn't be ignorant.

Nov 6, 2010
Reagan most certainly would have...and did...nearly exactly the same thing...but try finding it on the web because they have censored it out.. Do yourself a favor and don't give up and find some information on how Reagan crushed riots and basically kicked started his political career. At least then you wouldn't be ignorant.
While president or governor? Help educate me.

Nov 6, 2010
Just so we know. Your suggested option is Biden? You know, the old white guy that was accused of racism last week?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I can't speak for the poster, but Biden is certainly my option. The more I think about it, the better he sounds for our current political environment. With his age, he will almost certainly not run for re-election. I think he had to be talked into running this time. So his presidency will not be so much about him, as hopefully the country. Now I'm not naive, I understand he is a stalwart in one of the two existing cancers in our politics (democrats and republicans), but I still think it will be therapeutic to get back to some level of normalcy for 4 years while we get two more palatable choices for 2024.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
While president or governor? Help educate me.
In the same situation he would have done the same thing as would have Bush, Clinton and maybe even Obama. Had the rioters been different and their message been pointed at them as it is this POTUS...Neither Bush nor Clinton had to deal with many riots...was a much more peaceful time before certain actors got involved in provocation AND before instant news (sometimes good) highlighted injustices.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I can't speak for the poster, but Biden is certainly my option. The more I think about it, the better he sounds for our current political environment. With his age, he will almost certainly not run for re-election. I think he had to be talked into running this time. So his presidency will not be so much about him, as hopefully the country. Now I'm not naive, I understand he is a stalwart in one of the two existing cancers in our politics (democrats and republicans), but I still think it will be therapeutic to get back to some level of normalcy for 4 years while we get two more palatable choices for 2024.
Whom Biden nominates for his VP is very important and it should be the most qualified and stabilizing person...not some AOC wannabe...or someone picked based on their race and damn the torpedo's. Bottom line, they did the same thing they did last time...nominated someone by force (bypassing Sanders both times)...and it will work out just about the same way. I have serious doubts that Biden will even come as close to winning as Hillary. I'm not sure that they will even track the election on the news after 9pm this time. Honestly it's a shame that we don't have a less divisive political environment. But with the main stream media so one sided it's almost as if we need a radical to the other extreme in the white house to provide balance...shame really.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
The country has been on the path of being ungovernable even before Trump. Blaming the current problems all on trump is laughable. The blue states and especially big cities have a complete different outlook on the role of the federal government. I’ll stay in the suburbs and rural America. La, nyc, Chicago etc. you get what you vote for. Big liberal government afraid to piss off their lunatic base.

Deere Poke

A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
In the same situation he would have done the same thing as would have Bush, Clinton and maybe even Obama. Had the rioters been different and their message been pointed at them as it is this POTUS...Neither Bush nor Clinton had to deal with many riots...was a much more peaceful time before certain actors got involved in provocation AND before instant news (sometimes good) highlighted injustices.
What are you talking about Obama encouraged the rioters. Almost instantly called the cops wrong in every case. It was a total disgrace how he handled these things.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
What are you talking about Obama encouraged the rioters. Almost instantly called the cops wrong in every case. It was a total disgrace how he handled these things.
I said IF rioters would have rioted against Obama he would likely have either hid in the basement or done the same thing...and the media would have been falling all over themselves to congratulate him for either stance.