George Floyd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
That narrative breaks down when you see the number of protests vs cops that are bad. The Catholic Church had their problem because they don't let the priests marry and the number is extremely high that have problems compared to bad cops.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

I'm not currently married either.

I don't wanna diddle an alter boy though.

Don't make excuses for pedophiles.

I'm not devoutly religious, so I don't know, but I'd like to think God doesn't forgive pedophiles and animal abusers or murderers, I'd like to think he burns them.
Wow. I merely tell you that there are more bad priests than cops and you think I'm defending the priests? You do realize that pedophiles hide in the clergy. And even some that aren't pedophiles, justify acting like one as not being breaking a vow because it's with another male.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I don't want to speak for him, but I think he was more implying that because the profession bans marriage, it is less likely to attract your average heterosexual male than if that were not the case. I really think it would do the Catholic church a lot of good if they dropped that rule. I don't understand why honestly, heck, many of the early Popes were married.
Don't make excuses for pedophiles. Ever. For any reason.

We're not talking about gay or nonhetero priests that had affairs with other adult gay or nonhetero priests.

Don't make excuses for pedophiles.
Nobody is making excuses. I hate what has happened there as much as most normal Christians. The Catholic no marriage thing just gives those people a place to hide.

Mar 11, 2006
Where are the hashtags for David Dorn? Where are the marchers for this 77-year old African American former police officer that was shot in cold blood by a looter after a St. Louis protest?

Where is the sympathy for Shay Mikalonis, a Las Vegas police officer, clinging to his life as he was shot in the back of the head at the end of a protest?

But mostly were is the media. Nothing, nada, zilch, or CNN or MSNBC. Neither of these deaths, as well as the 17 young black men killed this Saturday, seem to matter at all to our media.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
One of my best fishing buddies is a cop. He is a good guy, but face it, the allure of a gun and badge is gonna attract some bullies, as well as some guys with little guy syndrome, etc. My larger point though, was to agree with you I think, that nothing is going to change until black people are no longer so much more likely to be poor than any other group.
Wow that's kind of like having a black friend and saying the same shit about the rest of them.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
Just saw a headline about a rescue dog that was hung and died in the protests while people laughed. Don’t know the details and I’m pretending it’s not true. I’m out and not checking the news for a few days. I need to detox my soul. I’m new here but Thanks everyone for the discussion although it can be heated. Peace to everyone and we all should pray for some kind of reconciliation and soon. I’ve got a 22 and 18 year old and I truly fear the future at this rate. God is my hope and refuge.

Oct 30, 2007
Just saw a headline about a rescue dog that was hung and died in the protests while people laughed. Don’t know the details and I’m pretending it’s not true. I’m out and not checking the news for a few days. I need to detox my soul. I’m new here but Thanks everyone for the discussion although it can be heated. Peace to everyone and we all should pray for some kind of reconciliation and soon. I’ve got a 22 and 18 year old and I truly fear the future at this rate. God is my hope and refuge.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
But this is just frustration over George Floyd and should be excused. It's just protesters.... NOT!!

Well

still making mistakes
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
First I've heard, after catching a Dan Bongino show that aired a few day ago, that Chauven and Floyd knew each other. Maybe this is old news; but this is an interesting bit of information.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
This research revealed under appreciation for mental illness for being a major issue behind fatal
police shootings. The research is nearly a year old, so I don't think it has been able to do as much good as it should. Too many people still think it's an utter disgrace to be mentally ill. It may be a societal problem as big or bigger than racism.

https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2019/the-truth-behind-racial-disparities-in-fatal-police-shootings/

"One thing that was surprising to the researchers, Cesario said, were the number of mental health cases that resulted in fatal officer shootings.

“It was truly striking and we didn’t recognize just how many there were,” he said. “This shows how underappreciated mental health is in the national discussion of fatal officer shootings.”

Nearly 50% of all fatal shootings involving white civilians were because of mental health; it also accounted for nearly 20% of black civilians and 30% of Hispanics. These included two types of mental health cases: the first was “suicide by cop,” in which civilians intentionally antagonize the police because they want an officer to kill themselves; the second was a result of mental disorders, such as when a civilian is suffering from schizophrenia and poses a threat to officers."

Another interesting part of the research:

"Although white officers are not more likely than black officers to shoot black citizens when looking at all fatal shootings, the data are too uncertain to draw firm conclusions once different subtypes of shootings, such as shootings of unarmed citizens, are examined. This is because these types of shootings are too rare for strong conclusions to be drawn."

But the research was about fatal police shootings. Another subset that possibly needs more research is number of deaths associated with police action that did not involve their gunfire.

Last edited:

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
First I've heard, after catching a Dan Bongino show that aired a few day ago, that Chauven and Floyd knew each other. Maybe this is old news; but this is an interesting bit of information.
They worked at the same bar but worked different areas. The bar owner said he wasn't sure if they knew each other. It's definitely an interesting angle but that broke a week ago so if there was something there it would have been out by now.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
LOL, naked man, except for socks, goes on the attack. He took care of himself fairly well, considering he was trying to provoke a brawl. At least a bit of the senseless insanity that has been going on is funny, rather than totally appalling.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This research revealed under appreciation for mental illness for being a major issue behind fatal
police shootings. The research is nearly a year old, so I don't think it has been able to do as much good as it should. Too many people still think it's an utter disgrace to be mentally ill. It may be a societal problem as big or bigger than racism.

https://msutoday.msu.edu/news/2019/the-truth-behind-racial-disparities-in-fatal-police-shootings/

"One thing that was surprising to the researchers, Cesario said, were the number of mental health cases that resulted in fatal officer shootings.

“It was truly striking and we didn’t recognize just how many there were,” he said. “This shows how underappreciated mental health is in the national discussion of fatal officer shootings.”

Nearly 50% of all fatal shootings involving white civilians were because of mental health; it also accounted for nearly 20% of black civilians and 30% of Hispanics. These included two types of mental health cases: the first was “suicide by cop,” in which civilians intentionally antagonize the police because they want an officer to kill themselves; the second was a result of mental disorders, such as when a civilian is suffering from schizophrenia and poses a threat to officers."

Another interesting part of the research:

"Although white officers are not more likely than black officers to shoot black citizens when looking at all fatal shootings, the data are too uncertain to draw firm conclusions once different subtypes of shootings, such as shootings of unarmed citizens, are examined. This is because these types of shootings are too rare for strong conclusions to be drawn."

But the research was about fatal police shootings. Another subset that possibly needs more research is number of deaths associated with police action that did not involve their gunfire.
I wish I could remember what it was they were referencing or who was speaking. I was at the Y and heard a statistic today that police officers in general are 18 and a half times more likely to be killed by a black man than an "unarmed" black man is to be killed by a cop. They brought up the fact though, that "unarmed" is very loosely applied because they didn't include knives, using cars, or bare hands, etc... So, while they didn't have a gun, they were still a threat to the cop in some way.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
A thought occurred to me. What are some things that cause racism? How about hate and/or ignorant stereotypes. Now what do you think 8 nights in a row of watching our country being burned to the ground does to people who base their views on ignorance or hate. It reinforces those views and may even create them in people who don't currently have them. Are these protests helping or hurting the problem?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Autopsy reveals that George Floyd was positive for COVID-19.
Odd that the report you posted on his Autopsy doesn't tell the reader what else he had in his system beside Covid-19 (see newsweek report on the death from 6/3 https://www.newsweek.com/hennepin-c...ys-death-was-heart-attack-complicated-1508562 )...honestly none of that matters but a picture is certainly trying to be painted by the TDS portion of the media without the entire facts being reported. Covid inspires sympathy and if you report the other facts they don't inspire that same message...the fact that the media is manipulating the masses should bother the entire population...not just some of us. Reporting the whole entirety of truth about the man doesn't excuse the police officer but it does give a more complete picture of the life of a man who really shouldn't be being touted as pure as the wind driven snow. Facts matter.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Odd that the report you posted on his Autopsy doesn't tell the reader what else he had in his system beside Covid-19 (see newsweek report on the death from 6/3 https://www.newsweek.com/hennepin-c...ys-death-was-heart-attack-complicated-1508562 )...honestly none of that matters but a picture is certainly trying to be painted by the TDS portion of the media without the entire facts being reported. Covid inspires sympathy and if you report the other facts they don't inspire that same message...the fact that the media is manipulating the masses should bother the entire population...not just some of us. Reporting the whole entirety of truth about the man doesn't excuse the police officer but it does give a more complete picture of the life of a man who really shouldn't be being touted as pure as the wind driven snow. Facts matter.
It is also important to note the blunt force injuries his body had as well
The medical examiner's report also details blunt-force injuries to the skin of Floyd's head, face and upper lip, as well as the shoulders, hands and elbows and bruising of the wrists consistent with handcuffs.

And I didn't know he had tested positive until today and I've not seen that Positive test being pushed by any Media on live broadcast. I can't think of the covid test being used by any MSM for any sympathy for him from what I've seen, but I could have missed it