George Floyd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/AriBerman/status/1268543165763661826

That's funny stuff right there. What change is going to happen. They are going to go vote the same people back in that created this mess. Same Democrat mayors, city council men, Representatives, Senators etc that have created the mess in the inner cities.

If the people in the inner cities want change they need to start a party of their own and not caucus with the republicans or democrats. It wouldn't take much to completely change the dynamic in DC and at the state level. With just 50 congressmen and 5 or 6 senators they could have the controlling vote on any bill that came through. The D's and R's would have to suck up to them for support to get anything through. That would be real change.
They think voting Democrat to put Biden in office will change all of this because it's all Trump's fault. It's not like Obama taught people to see white supremacist boogie men everywhere. No, not the Uniter in Chief..

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
This is, sadly, going to be one of the unintended consequences of what's going on right now. More & more good people, who could be fine, fair cops will look at this & say there's no way in hell I wanna put myself through that. So, in turn, you get more & more desparate in hiring & filling jobs, & don't filter out the undesirables as effectively.

Same way with politics anymore. A lot of good people who could do great things just look at it and say why in the world would I subject myself & my family to that scrutiny?
That is a great comparison I think. I always tell my students that it's a meatgrinder in politics. It's hard to convince the best people to do it because of the level of scrutiny and digging into your life and family is unreal. It also looks like one big gotcha game anyway. Say the wrong thing at the wrong time and you are absolutely toast.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
That is a great comparison I think. I always tell my students that it's a meatgrinder in politics. It's hard to convince the best people to do it because of the level of scrutiny and digging into your life and family is unreal. It also looks like one big gotcha game anyway. Say the wrong thing at the wrong time and you are absolutely toast.

Agreed.

I don't know why, but I was thinking about that awhile back in regards to politics. Out of 100% of the people eligible for office in this country, any office, what percentage of us just have absolutely no desire to run, for whatever reasons? Who are we actually left with? 10% of people willing to run, less? Idk.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Good post.

Talk about crazy times, sheesh.

So get this, re: police & community relations. In Denver, they're talking about removing Police school safety officers & going with private security now. I don't know how to feel about it, but it seems like it's taking away a fairly positive avenue of police/community relations, but maybe I'm completely wrong, idk.

Mind you, this is the same DPS that shut down every single school for a couple of days last year when a young lady from Florida posted some pro-Columbine stuff, flew to Colorado & bought a shotgun. Now some want Police completely out of schools.

Which is it then? Is safety & protection provided by law enforcement important in schools, or is the backlash against law enforcement so strong right now that safety & protection doesn't matter as much? Very mixed messages, imo.
Maybe look at it a little differently in terms of specialization. If you go with private security with schools, or any other public or private institution, I would think there would be an added level of competence for those providing that service through both training and experience. For example, a security guard at a bank would be trained differently, and have a completely different set of responsibilities, than would a security guard at a school. If we are expecting our general police force to fill multiple roles, and presumably be reassigned to other duties occasionally, we could be putting them in situations they are unable to adequately handle.

And for the record, I completely agreed with the decision they made regarding that Florida chick. I don't see how they could have made any other decision given what they knew.
I've been told that security guards are just testosterone hyped guys that failed the psych exam for being a cop. Or they are really old and ineffective.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
What about every other black person out there saying the same/similar things?

Why does her race matter?
You think it does apparently. I'm just pointing out that she's not a lone voice that's paid to try and deceive people. I mean, unless I'm reading your comments incorrectly, you seem to think that because she's black, she's a paid shill rather than just someone with a voice making money from that like every other media person.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
You think it does apparently. I'm just pointing out that she's not a lone voice that's paid to try and deceive people. I mean, unless I'm reading your comments incorrectly, you seem to think that because she's black, she's a paid shill rather than just someone with a voice making money from that like every other media person.

Where have I said that her race matters?

Well

still making mistakes
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
I agree with abolishing qualified immunity for LE, but that concept must also be abolished for judges. Civil liability for LE and Judges, will go a long way cleaning this mess up. Also, I would do away with sovereign immunity for municipalities (or at least increase the damages cap); that way civil liability also flows back onto the municipality which will increase its oversight and hiring practices. In other words, if LEO's, Judges, and city personnel continuously have their collective butts puckering over civil liability, I believe most of this crap will end.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So this guy below was paid for his opinion?

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=557426401815022&id=100026430022293

I love this guys message and I believe he is totally almost to a fault. Correct, we must unite under love and also forgiveness.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
I watched it again and again. I still contend that phone never touched the officer. I would agree he was impeding them from moving. I could see how the officer would be annoyed and nervous.
Fifty seven police officers just resigned over the two cops involved being suspended without pay. When the citizens of Buffalo need help, they can call one of the dumbutt activists and see how that works for them. I hope all the officers resign there. It wold be interesting to see what would happen and who would come to the rescue of people in need.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Where have I said that her race matters?
You have insinuated that she is a paid protestor promoting a view opposite of other blacks so why listen to it.

"She's getting a check from someone to promote her views. Not much of a conspiracy theory but it's plausible.

Think of her as a highly visible paid protester."

So I ask again, what about the other videos from blacks that I have posted here. Are they just "paid protesters"?

I recommend you watch them and listen to what they have to say. Don't assume a black person espousing a different view from liberalism, is nothing more than a paid protester. They are not monolithic, and as such, should be allowed their voice as much as any other human.

Last edited:

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
You have insinuated that she is a paid protestor promoting a view opposite of other blacks so why listen to it.

"She's getting a check from someone to promote her views. Not much of a conspiracy theory but it's plausible.

Think of her as a highly visible paid protester."

You know the term

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
After a full week and a half of protest does anyone on the planet not realize what they are protesting against? Why does this continue?

When it does leave the news cycle what is the next crisis that will be sprung on us prior to the elections?