George Floyd

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 11, 2006
I have learned a couple of things from liberals over the last week.

1) Unions are great, unless they are police unions
2) Protests are great, unless they are about personal freedom or 2nd amendment
3) Social gatherings of more than 10 people should be condemned, unless it is a BLM protest, in which case please keep group under 5k
4) Republican Governors will kill us with by reopening businesses, Democrat Governor have saved us by allowing us to gather by hundreds
5) Trump has caused the racism that made this situation, Democrat city officials are trusted to fix the issue — even though they have been in local power for generations

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I don’t know how reliable that report is but when I saw the tape there was no doubt in my mind he was a professional agitator.
According to some on here he may have just have had dementia. :rolleyes:

I read a little more about him. He's peaceful and well intentioned. He thinks he can ignore the rules he doesn't like but he seems like a nice old guy. He's a little too old to be putting himself in these situations though.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
So about that old man pushed down by the buffalo police. He was there on purpose to argue with people and start stuff with the cops.

https://theconservativetreehouse.co...eous-police-team-stand-together-and-walk-out/

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I don’t know how reliable that report is but when I saw the tape there was no doubt in my mind he was a professional agitator.
He had a helmet and cell phone, not a shirt like someone said earlier and he was arguing with the peaceful protesters (one even defending good cops that lose their badge for basically snitching) and saying he was there to have some fun. When you put it altogether with his f*** the police stance, you see a picture of someone trying to stir up trouble with the cops.

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I read a little more about him. He's peaceful and well intentioned. He thinks he can ignore the rules he doesn't like but he seems like a nice old guy. He's a little too old to be putting himself in these situations though.
Nice old guy that tweets out "f*** the police"?

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

If he really is a professional agitator then I would have a hard time saying anything positive about him. In this case he was trying to take an already bad situation and manipulate it to make it worse.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Nice old guy that tweets out "f*** the police"?

I hadn't seen that part. He's obviously an old hippie, Thinks it's still the 60's. Somehow his age and his demeanor make him seem somewhat harmless. But again he put himself in harm's way. He'll probably work this into a pretty fat settlement. While all the armchair quarterbacks will tell us how much better they would have handled it had they been the police.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Every cop should resign in areas that want to defend the police. Let those areas suffer through the mob rule and don't come to help when they ask for it

Hope they do. And the 50 that resigned. I really hope they don’t hire them back.
Again don't come crawling back begging for help as your cities burn. Let em burn.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
But if the 2nd Amendment is still alive locally, good guys with guns will prevail as they easily did in Coeur d 'Alene.
So people are going to have to work and full time job to support their families and then worry about patrolling their neighborhoods in their spare time? Doesn't sound like a sustainable plan that won't devolve into chaos in a very short time.

Jostate

A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
So people are going to have to work and full time job to support their families and then worry about patrolling their neighborhoods in their spare time? Doesn't sound like a sustainable plan that won't devolve into chaos in a very short time.
Rich people pay the ex cops to be security, poor people get dumped on far more than in the current system.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Every cop should resign in areas that want to defund the police. Let those areas suffer through the mob rule and don't come to help when they ask for it.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
I get where you’re coming from on that. But please understand that a huge percentage of Americans in inner cities including blacks actually support and appreciate the police. Don’t throw those people overboard just because they have to stay silent. These are the people that cops are working hard to protect and serve.

It’s very easy to turn on the news and see these protests and moron athletes and celebs popping off and think that is the whole story. But I promise you that it isn’t.

Nov 6, 2010
There is just no way this would actually happen, it is an emotional over-reaction based on the current situation. Now I do agree that we spend too much on law enforcement in the US, and should really take a close look at those budgets and agencies and cut some significantly. I mean if you really stop and think about all of the various LE agencies, it is pretty staggering.

City police depts
State LE
County LE
DEA
ATF
FBI
Border Patrol
Fish and game

I"m sure I'm leaving out as many as I listed, but damn, that's a lot of cops. I'm pretty sure I could live my whole life without the DEA or ATF and never notice the difference.