1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Get to know this man

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by Duckman, Dec 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greydrake

Greydrake Greenhorn

I think Reed got 2 sacks against USC, undersized but very quick; I doubt that that will translate into a line position in the NFL but will possibly as a linebacker.
    I personally think the line matchups will be a scream to watch; both are very solid. To paraphase Jeff Kendell (Oregon lineman, had that great rant on Rome is burning last year) It'll be "a bunch of fat kids out having fun"

OSU has a better linbacker corp, edge on QB (though Kelly has worked miracles with his QB's so I am not giving as big of an edge gametime), better Defense coordinator, rest is toss up.
  2. OrangeAggie

A/V Subscriber OrangeAggie Forgive me if I don't shake hands.

I doubt we have a better defensive coordinator considering at the moment, we don't have one at all.
  3. HanesOnU

HanesOnU Deputy

Ok State has an edge at WR.
  4. CampusCowboy

CampusCowboy Cowboy

That guy better be ready to look up from the turf at Russell Okung, he won't lay a finger on Zac.

[​IMG]
  5. ewendt128

ewendt128 Greenhorn

There have been several "Stout" run defenses that haven't even been able to stop this guy.
  6. giventofly

giventofly Greenhorn

Prepare to meet JJ's stiff arm, the nastiest in the nation:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynbo4ZjMJXk

Meet mr blount (bear in mind he's 240lbs:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3aP0SphLZeY

On D meet mr ward:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqaURRSSWPI

And meet mr reed:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jSQBEh6vYc

And the total package:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDU_jAcmkS8

The ducks have 3334 rushing yards on the season. The best team you've faced, Oklahoma has 2672. So we shall see how you stack up against a truly prolific rushing attack. And for those of you knocking our loss to Boise st check out who is ranked 3rd in total defense this year. Should be a fun game, rivals ranked it as the 5th most intriguing bowl.
  7. pistolsfiring11

pistolsfiring11 Cowboy

Ok, my bad. I guess I just assume that any time a Sooner fan talks about that game all they want to do is whine about the officiating.
  8. Duckman

Banned Duckman Banned

thanks guys. I hope no one is taking this too serious. Just a little early ribbing before the game.

I dont think any sane person would consider the Pac-10 as good as the Big 12 this year.

QB: Slight edge to OSU
    RB: Slight edge to UO
    OL: Push
    WR/TE: OSU
    DL: UO
    LB: OSU
    DB: UO

IMO.

Reed has played against many tremendous OL this year, and I'm sure he'll get the best of Okung at times and I'm sure Okung will get the best of Reed at times. Should be a great matchup.
  9. Greydrake

Greydrake Greenhorn

Still the edge...
    Ducks Dc is Alloitta
    Nickname by Duck fans Allowalota
  10. Duckman

Banned Duckman Banned

His name is Nick Allioti. No Duck fan likes him, he's very committed to stopping the run. Leaves CBs on islands a lot and usually has one of the safeties up pretty close to the line. He is basically been kept around because Bellotti and him are best buds. We're hoping that when Chip Kelly takes over, he will cut Allioti loose.

And yes, his nickname is Allowaloti.
  11. CowpokeMike

CowpokeMike Wrangler

I think you need to go ahead and give a big edge to OSU in the quarterback area. Masoli is good but he is not as good as Zac Robinson.
  12. Duckman

Banned Duckman Banned

Masoli is really starting to come into his own late in the season. OSU clearly has the advantage, but no by much.
  13. pistolsfiring11

pistolsfiring11 Cowboy

The game may come down to special teams and OSU has one of the best special teams units in the country. Ask OU about Cox and A&M about Dez... :D
  14. Duckman

Banned Duckman Banned

are special teams are pretty average this year.

We have a good punter and kicker, but our kicker hasn't shown he can hit the clutch FG yet because he hasn't had the opportunity.

Our kickoff/punt coverage against Oregon St was horrible, but they also have Sammie Stroughter returning kicks. Our KOS is good though, and can boom em back regularly for touchbacks.
  15. UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1 Greenhorn

16. pistolsfiring11

pistolsfiring11 Cowboy

He might want to keep kicking those touchbacks. Cox has 2 kickoff returns this year for TDs and Dez has 2 punt returns for TDs, both over 70 yards. And he would have had another one if it wasnt for a pointless block in the back...
  17. Duckman

Banned Duckman Banned

I'll definitely be holding my breathe everytime we have to punt to Dez. He's one of the most explosive and dangerous people in the nation once he gets the ball in his hands.
  18. UOducksTK1

UOducksTK1 Greenhorn

19. pistolsfiring11

pistolsfiring11 Cowboy

And I'll be scared to death every time Masoli decides to scramble...I still have bad dreams about McCoy running all over us last year and coming back to beat us in the 4th quarter.... :(
  20. Duckman

Banned Duckman Banned

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.