Give Credit Where It Is Due (Will Eat a Little Crow)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 14, 2010
He doesn't know what it means...he also thinks that by using $100 terms he can convince us that he knows more about the mechanics of throwing than I do. It's kinda fun.
I'm wise enough to know that you or the rest of your clan that gangs up on things like this will never admit when you're wrong, or at least admit that their are other ways at looking at things ;in the world other than from your perspective.

That's not what any of this is about

It's about throwing it out there for everyone to see and discuss and have fun bantering and have their own opinions about.

If you want to think its personal like that power to you.

The Gif's and sarcasm and all that stuff make a really good discussion topic and turns it away from the content and discussion points and instead turns it into a pissing match.

I'm sure there are several people on this board that have many different ideas, different than mine and yours, about this kind of stuff, that don't want to post because they don't want to get caught in the middle of this kind of thing.

Last edited:

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I'm wise enough to know that you or the rest of your clan that gangs up on things like this will never admit when you're wrong, or at least admit that their are other ways at looking at things ;in the world other than from your perspective.

That's not what any of this is about

It's about throwing it out there for everyone to see and discuss and have fun bantering and have their own opinions.about.

If you want to think its personal like that power to you.
I never took any of it as personal, I just tried to show you why I disagreed with some of your "analysis". You seem to be the one taking that personally. As far as "clan", that's some shit that your pals made up so they could form their version of the mighty morphins, and you pledged right in.

Nov 14, 2010
I never took any of it as personal, I just tried to show you why I disagreed with some of your "analysis". You seem to be the one taking that personally.
No, I'm certainly taking none of it personally

I am not going to apologize for understanding the schematics of football though, on the level that I do, whatever level you may think that is.

The interesting part of this is that I can see why people are okay with the play. I don't think it's a bad play in and of itself

Just...
where I differ is simply in the pressure of the moment, I think it was too much to ask a guy with as little experience as Cornelius.

I would rather have seen Cornelius get to the chance to set his feet because, under that kind of pressure, getting to step into a throw and throw it through a receivers numbers is an easier thing to do than throwing from a sprint roll, in my opinion.

I think the play failed because the pressure got to him, and when the pressure gets to you, a sprint roll, in my opinion, compounds that.

Nov 14, 2010
What I don't understand however, is why anyone would disagree with these points

Special teams hurt us badly and Not having a special teams coordinator is on Gundy

playing a 3 man front against their counter scheme and scrambling ability hurt us badly on the drive after the fumble by Hubbard. So, instead of picking up a kid that had played lights out, we piled on by playing not to lose "at that moment".

The passing game wasn’t the reason we lost

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

Special teams hurt us badly and Not having a special teams coordinator is on Gundy

playing a 3 man front against their counter scheme and scrambling ability hurt us badly on the drive after the fumble by Hubbard. So, instead of picking up a kid that had played lights out, we piled on by playing not to lose "at that moment".

I don't disagree with points 1 and 3 at all, in fact I haven't seen anyone disagree with them. It's like you're throwing those out there after people have debunked your other theories. So those are moot points. As far as #2, that scheme allowed us to keep Murray corralled better than anyone has all year. You have to realize that you have to take the good with the bad in any defensive scheme, they moved the ball against us in many different ways, but we got some pretty key stops using that scheme. Special teams is the one glaring weakness that lost us that game, not the conversation play call, and not using a 3 man front. 2 missed kicks and a punt return for 60 yards that we had covered at their 10 were the back breakers.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
if he wouldn't have thrown the ball at TW's ankles and we score, you'd be hailing it as an amazing call
I personally thought it was a great call. Taylor simply threw it low and in front of Wallace. He should've thrown it a little bit further to the right (and higher, of course).

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
No, I'm certainly taking none of it seriously

I am not going to apologize for understanding the schematics of football though, on the level that I do, whatever level you may think that is.

The interesting part of this is that I can see why people are okay with the play. I don't think it's a bad play in and of itself

Just...
where I differ is simply in the pressure of the moment, I think it was too much to ask a guy with as little experience as Cornelius.

I would rather have seen Cornelius get to the chance to set his feet because, under that kind of pressure, getting to step into a throw and throw it through a receivers numbers is an easier thing to do than throwing from a sprint roll, in my opinion.

I think the play failed because the pressure got to him, and when the pressure gets to you, a sprint roll, in my opinion, compounds that.
This is where my earlier post comes in: too much of a pissing match between you guys.

You're basically saying "it's too d
I don't disagree with points 1 and 3 at all, in fact I haven't seen anyone disagree with them. It's like you're throwing those out there after people have debunked your other theories. So those are moot points. As far as #2, that scheme allowed us to keep Murray corralled better than anyone has all year. You have to realize that you have to take the good with the bad in any defensive scheme, they moved the ball against us in many different ways, but we got some pretty key stops using that scheme. Special teams is the one glaring weakness that lost us that game, not the conversation play call, and not using a 3 man front. 2 missed kicks and a punt return for 60 yards that we had covered at their 10 were the back breakers.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! I've had people say "well the kicks weren't the ballgame, etc..." but yeah, they cost us the game, period.

As for the punt return, how many times & how many years in Bedlam is that going to be a factor?

Cro

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
I personally thought it was a great call. Taylor simply threw it low and in front of Wallace. He should've thrown it a little bit further to the right (and higher, of course).
agreed. i didn't have a problem w/ going for 2 or the play call. TC said himself after the game - He's got to a make that throw

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis

I agree about special teams...I guess? Technically only two special teams-related plays are what screwed us, and they were both terrible kicks by one guy. It's hard to say "special teams", generally speaking, messed everything up.

I also agree about the 3-man front method. I'm surprised we didn't blitz with a 4-man front more. Though, I guess that's the risk you take with Marquis Brown on the other team (named a Biletnikoff finalist today; didn't think he was doing *that* well, but I digress).

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
I agree about special teams...I guess? Technically only two special teams-related plays are what screwed us, and they were both terrible kicks by one guy. It's hard to say "special teams", generally speaking, messed everything up.

I also agree about the 3-man front method. I'm surprised we didn't blitz with a 4-man front more. Though, I guess that's the risk you take with Marquis Brown on the other team (named a Biletnikoff finalist today; didn't think he was doing *that* well, but I digress).
The problem with bringing blitzes with a 4 man front is that Kylar Shortpants will make you pay dearly for it. As he nearly did to Texas.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
so then what play should have been called. if you've suggested one already I missed it...........
The waggle play they scored on Texas with with a run/pass boot option for Cornelius and a drag or shallow cross at the same depth of the boot

And...
I would have liked to have seen it out of diamond with the H back on the play side running the waggle so as not to get caught up in the trash

The diamond formation forces the defense to balance because the formation itself is completely balanced.

Then, off that balance, you fake, then boot, which unbalances the defense, then boot with multi tiered routes and a run option for Cornelius.

Since Cornelius is going to nervous set it up the where the easiest available receiver and the easiest throw is the best option.
Good options. As a coach and as a fan we have to accept that not all plays work all the time. If you had called the play and they failed I would still give you the benefit of the doubt. I personally thought a Tebow like jump throw to Jelani. Or the read option might have worked

However there are no guarantees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSU.Rulz

Banned
Banned
Oct 10, 2018
Edmond, Ok
Not me dawg, that's a perma bannable offense. You showing up right after kev got banned and posting exactly like him ain't real bright.
I’m not sure how anything I post is remotely like anyone else’s. Except for the fact that you seem to disagree. But if that’s the case, you should be calling everyone Kevin, Cro.