1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Gov. Mary Fallin signs welfare drug testing bill

Discussion in 'World News & Politics' started by skirtguy, May 16, 2012.

1. ksupoke

ksupoke I've never studied a HS recruits tape A/V Subscriber

Townie this is for you, my daughter showed me this

I couldn't get my welfare check, WHY

2. StillwaterTownie

StillwaterTownie Territorial Marshal

If you're serious, you don't know what you're talking about.

3. StillwaterTownie

But I can't relate to it since I have never drawn a welfare check before in my life, or been on food stamps. I seldom make it a practice to get high. If I ever want to feel high, I just breathe real hard and fast for about 30 seconds. It's legal and doesn't cost a penny.

4. ostater2319

ostater2319 Deputy

If she'd run for office I'd vote for her. Can't disagree with ANY of this!

5. StillwaterTownie

Well, what do you do with people who can't get a job? Put them in a bare, colorless prison where a common meal item is potato soup?

6. ostater2319

ostater2319 Deputy

Pretty sure she addressed that:
    In addition, you will either present a check stub from a job each week
    Or you will report to a "government" job. It may be cleaning the roadways
    Of trash, painting and repairing public housing, whatever we find for you. We
    Will sell your 22 inch rims and low profile tires and your blasting stereo
    And speakers and put that money toward the "common good.."

7. OrangeAggie

OrangeAggie Assistant to the Moderater A/V Subscriber

Her plan was a little extreme, but it's better than allowing these people to sit on their ass all day eating junk food and watching TV. It is completely ridiculous that there are no restrictions to the types of foods you can buy with food stamps.

Hbuchanan and steross like this.
  8. ksupoke

My friend you are a piece of work, I am going to refrain from an extended dialogue with you as you obviously have lived all of about 25 yrs and know little of history. If you want to continue with your non-sense that is fine, it is a free country. Just a little history for you slugger, the US confiscated the gold of everyone in the country making it illegal for them to own it, that is why fort knox was built, the US rationed all dairy products, steel, and virtually every other item that could be used for defense purposes or would be needed by soldiers in the field, and rationed back what they could. Have you ever heard of meatless tuesday, at your age and with the lack of historical education in today's schools I would suspect not. Certainly you don't believe that the soup lines of the 20's and 30's were welfare or maybe you do. While I cannot put you on ignore (I really enjoy the laughs from that posts you make) I also will not be responding again on this subject, I think the proverbial dead horse is tired of being kicked. You have shown your lack of intelligence and that is good enough for me.
    Have a great weekend little buddy

9. StillwaterTownie

Thank you so much ksupoke. You're great at making me feel young. I'd hate to know all that stuff before and during WWII. I prefer studying about the various military battles from back then. But I already knew the government banned gold and quit minting gold coinage. I don't see how that part had much to do with the government giving out commodities.

No, I never heard of meatless Tuesday. Who has besides you? Your problem is you wanted to try to take so far back in time that surely even some of the oldsters on here may not be able to relate to what you were referring to as far as how government commodies were issued to needy people before the 1950s or 1960s. Besides that, not all of us have a degree in American history or can remember the fine details of whatever we tried to learn of history in school or college.

10. Epperley28

Epperley28 Federal Marshal A/V Subscriber

So don't use urine. ;)

[​IMG]

11. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

What's extreme about expecting people to get a job and expecting people to take care of what has been given to them?

12. StillwaterTownie

Some people think it would go extremely beneath their dignity to be on their feet all day waiting on tables or janitoring.Who hasn't known of a person who thinks that way and makes fun of people who work such jobs?

13. StillwaterTownie

If people need more proof that the war on drugs is really a war on PEOPLE, even including little children, just read this startling article. It's pretty bad what the government can do. People need to wake up to it and stop pretending it can't happen:

http://rt.com/usa/news/parents-child-daughter-rachel-619/

14. RxCowboy

RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession. A/V Subscriber

I don't know what kind of narcissistic a-holes you know, but I don't know anyone who thinks that way.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

ksupoke likes this.
  15. kenny41

kenny41 Territorial Marshal

I've always wondered how cost effective it would be to just make the food (at least what you can grow in Oklahoma anyways) instead of giving them a money stipend...

I mean, the whole vertical integration from the farmer to the store is pretty long...

It starts with the farmer, then goes to an intermediary, then goes to a procurer (mill/slaughterhouse), then goes to a wholesaler who sets the price at a gross margin, then goes to the store who sets the price at a mark-up. Each step has to increase the price of the initial product to make a profit, so why do we have to pay extra for all that since we lose money on food stamps anyways? I read somewhere that we average like $50 million a month in food stamps alone... Couldn't the state just start making bread, cheese and raising beef, chickens, and swine to cut the cost of the food value chain?

16. ksupoke

I am guessing that would be the people the young lady was telling to 'get a job', what work at menial labor when I can do nothing and get paid, not gonna happen.
    Once again there are people who are not able to provide for themselves, that is who welfare is for as that is a responsibility of the government.
    There are people who otherwise could provide for themselves but find they cannot, that is where charity comes in.
    Then there are those who would live at the government trough forever, they deserve our prayers and encouragement and little else.

17. Ball

Ball Deputy

How should we distinguish between them?

18. ksupoke

Unknown-1.jpeg

OSU Sig likes this.
  19. TexasPete

TexasPete Cowboy

But who says the urine thats being tested is the users? I know several people that have passed pee tests that use weed and they just go "borrow" some from a nonuser friend..........

20. RxCowboy

RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession. A/V Subscriber

I just love unverifiable claims.:rolleyes: