Grant to Denver

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
Going to be another late first round pick...not sure about this move.
It is obvious that the Thunder management is an a salary shedding mode. Once they lost PG and thus lost any real chance of making the playoffs they likely decided it was time to stop paying the luxury tax and rebuild for the future. All of those picks can be used as trade bait or just stashed and hope to select more game changing guys (which they have been hit and miss with in the past). Not saying this is the best strategy but if you look at it from a business standpoint I can understand. With that in mind Russ is all but gone unless they cannot get anything of value for him. But I also would not be surprised if they hold onto Rus till mid year or so as the market is pretty bad right now and it will get better after Dec (a lot of guys cannot are locked out of a trade till then) and after some teams might be willing to trade more for him for a potential playoff run (especially those in the east).

GodsPeace

Joshua 1:9
Aug 20, 2004
Stillwater
It is obvious that the Thunder management is an a salary shedding mode. Once they lost PG and thus lost any real chance of making the playoffs they likely decided it was time to stop paying the luxury tax and rebuild for the future. All of those picks can be used as trade bait or just stashed and hope to select more game changing guys (which they have been hit and miss with in the past). Not saying this is the best strategy but if you look at it from a business standpoint I can understand. With that in mind Russ is all but gone unless they cannot get anything of value for him. But I also would not be surprised if they hold onto Rus till mid year or so as the market is pretty bad right now and it will get better after Dec (a lot of guys cannot are locked out of a trade till then) and after some teams might be willing to trade more for him for a potential playoff run (especially those in the east).
Reports are they want to move quickly with Russ. Keeping him to mid year would only work if they don't play him. Worst case scenario would be him get hurt, and the way he plays it could easily happen.

I think he'll end up in Miami. They have the pieces and want him. He has already been reported to be good with there. Presti is playing Minnesota, Miami, Orlando, Houston, Detroit, and New York for the best deal. This should drive up the offer some, and ultimately I think he goes to Miami. I think the Spurs have shown interest as well. I think it is about finding the best deal and trying to drive up Miami since that appears to be the desired location.