Gundy’s comments today- the non sports parts

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
There are about 11,000 D1 football players. 73,000 total from all colleges. There are over a million high school football players in the US. Somewhere along the way one of those athletes is going to die or have serious health issues because of the covid and that will be a huge news item thrown around more than all the footballs in the US.

Just get ready.
Probably, but are we going to continue to live in fear or are we going to claim our society back?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
There are about 11,000 D1 football players. 73,000 total from all colleges. There are over a million high school football players in the US. Somewhere along the way one of those athletes is going to die or have serious health issues because of the covid and that will be a huge news item thrown around more than all the footballs in the US.

Just get ready.
Kids die playing sports every year...and yep it is thrown in our faces by the media every time...some with merit others without...bottom line, we either choose freedom or the lie that we can live without the possibility of death. This is a lie, life and death do come...death sucks, but it happens to all of us...if we can prevent unnecessary death, we try too, but accidents still happen and we cannot totally prevent them.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
So far there have been 48 deaths in the US for people between 15 - 24 years old. In the over 75 age group there have been about 25,800.

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Jostate said:
So far there have been 48 deaths in the US for people between 15 - 24 years old. In the over 75 age group there have been about 25,800.

Look at 60 and over and it's over 75% of all deaths. I would venture to guess, many of them infected by that indestructible 15-24 year old age group. Go ahead and fill the beaches and have your parties but stay the hell away from me. I see you non-mask wearing idiots everywhere I go and I have to avoid you at every turn. I have a god-given right to live too you selfish, feffin assholes! Mayor Bynum of Tulsa said it right, and I paraphrase, 'It's not bravery to not wear a mask, it's ignorant, selfish and you are basically telling everyone that you don't give a damn about anyone but yourself."

Apr 7, 2006
I will exercise my right to go in public without a mask just as I do during flu season. If you don't like that, stay home. It's not your place to decide how others live their life.

Apr 7, 2006
As someone that works in data science, the dataset is trash. The standards, guidelines and projections change more often than an Oklahoma winter weather forecast. Depending on who you choose to listen to this data can be spun to tell you any story you want to tell. I'm choosing to work from home and social distance. Others should make the choice appropriate for them. It's nobody's place to decide how others conduct their lives.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
As someone that works in data science, the dataset is trash. The standards, guidelines and projections change more often than an Oklahoma winter weather forecast. Depending on who you choose to listen to this data can be spun to tell you any story you want to tell. I'm choosing to work from home and social distance. Others should make the choice appropriate for them. It's nobody's place to decide how others conduct their lives.
Preach on

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
Jostate said:

Look at 60 and over and it's over 75% of all deaths. I would venture to guess, many of them infected by that indestructible 15-24 year old age group. Go ahead and fill the beaches and have your parties but stay the hell away from me. I see you non-mask wearing idiots everywhere I go and I have to avoid you at every turn. I have a god-given right to live too you selfish, feffin assholes! Mayor Bynum of Tulsa said it right, and I paraphrase, 'It's not bravery to not wear a mask, it's ignorant, selfish and you are basically telling everyone that you don't give a damn about anyone but yourself."
Hell no. Your excessive fears don’t trump my civil liberties. You should never leave your house if you’re this scared. Masks are not going to stop this virus. They are also dehumanizing and make us look like we’re in a third world country.

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
Hell no. Your excessive fears don’t trump my civil liberties. You should never leave your house if you’re this scared. Masks are not going to stop this virus. They are also dehumanizing and make us look like we’re in a third world country.
Well, so far our "Leader" has responded like we are a 3rd world country. Have fun with that.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Jostate said:

Actually, there is a study that not only says, children/young adults get it less, but they also don't transmit it as easily as older adults do.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 23, 2010
Well, so far our "Leader" has responded like we are a 3rd world country. Have fun with that.
100,000s of ventilators and millions of tests, bring in battleships and turn them into hospitals, send out $1200.00 to all their tax paying citizens, add $600/wk to the unemployed......you sure hit the nail on the head with third world country comparison.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Gundy's comments indicated a willingness to change as the sisuation changed and now that it has changed toward his initial plans, has anyone apologized to him? I know the answer to that...bottomline, a football coach needs to have a plan, and the fact that he did and does isn't a bad thing. I would suspect that the coaches started meeting in the building on May 1st which was his proposed start to "open the building" and start the coaches meetings.

Mar 27, 2020
Tulsa
Your excessive ignorance doesn't trump my right to be safe. Try to walk into a hospital or doctors office without wearing one and tell the doctors and nurses what you just spouted about masks not stopping the virus and see how fast you get your ass thrown out the door. I will continue to listen to health experts and not some moron who is more concerned about how his hair looks in the middle of a global health crisis.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Your excessive ignorance doesn't trump my right to be safe. Try to walk into a hospital or doctors office without wearing one and tell the doctors and nurses what you just spouted about masks not stopping the virus and see how fast you get your ass thrown out the door. I will continue to listen to health experts and not some moron who is more concerned about how his hair looks in the middle of a global health crisis.
How does these responses discuss Gundy's comment? Gundy never said don't wear a mask. I'm fairly sure Gundy doesn't use a catheter or bed pan either.