Gundy’s comments today- the non sports parts

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
I read somewhere where someone really nailed this issue-

"Science” has been really off so far. Unless you’re morbidly obese, diabetic, or over 70, the data says you will probably be OK. If you’re still scared, stay home forever in fear and the rest of us will go on with our lives"

Throw in cancer patient/survivor and a few other immunity issues and that statement about covers it.

Time to close this thread an move on- or move it to the Political board.
Yeah. As a public health emergency, COVOID-19 (a.k.a. Wuhan Virus) is no longer a state public health emergency. That's the message from the Oklahoma House of Representatives.
https://www.soonerpolitics.org/editorial/covid-19-fades-away-from-oklahoma

There hasn't been a new positive case of COVID-19 in Stillwater for about a month.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
You know my thoughts on this. But I still wonder about this line of thought. I trade for a living you know that. Seldom does everything hit. If you would have shorted everything the experts said as late as mid April and this was a market you would have never lost. If you would have bought every re-open you would have never lost. So why do you still believe the experts? I’m not gonna argue with anything you say I honestly want to hear.
I think the risk is different for different municipalities.

Los Angeles - as a municipality - are the most money grubbing-est a-holes on the planet; And for them to say, "We're not concerned about parking tickets, restaurant taxes, sales tax revenue, tourist dollars, city revenue from Staples Center, Dodger Stadium or the Hollywood Bowl , etc.", that says something to me.

To me, they are putting their money where their mouth is because they believe in the science that reopening Los Angeles now would kill more people than opening later.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I think the risk is different for different municipalities.

Los Angeles - as a municipality - are the most money grubbing-est a-holes on the planet; And for them to say, "We're not concerned about parking tickets, restaurant taxes, sales tax revenue, tourist dollars, city revenue from Staples Center, Dodger Stadium or the Hollywood Bowl , etc.", that says something to me.

To me, they are putting their money where their mouth is because they believe in the science that reopening Los Angeles now would kill more people than opening later.
Either that or they are just as stupid and mind-numbing as they have been for nearly 25 years of city government with one of the biggest homeless problems in the country, overrun by petty crime, nearly last in education and drug abuse, not to mention that the only way they get much of anything done in the city is with illegal labor. How anyone in the LA metro area would trust a word out of their 'officials' mouths is beyond reason.

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Heard an interesting statistic today. 1.7% of the US population lives in nursing homes, therefore, 98.3% do not. 54% of the deaths have been in that 1.7% sector. Statistically, there are an infinitesimal number of deaths among young people and not many healthy people either. I'm 75 and my death would not be an American tragedy. A good friend, who is 81 and very healthy was confirmed positive today, after being sick for only 3 days. Play ball!

Jan 14, 2006
Heard an interesting statistic today. 1.7% of the US population lives in nursing homes, therefore, 98.3% do not. 54% of the deaths have been in that 1.7% sector. Statistically, there are an infinitesimal number of deaths among young people and not many healthy people either. I'm 75 and my death would not be an American tragedy. A good friend, who is 81 and very healthy was confirmed positive today, after being sick for only 3 days. Play ball!
Your death would be a tragedy. We need more level headed Americans like you. Here's to many more good years to you and your friend. Go Pokes!

Feb 18, 2009
I know a lady that died of a massive stroke. Her death certificate says COVID-19. It was argued with the hospital and coroner's office. They didn't care. The numbers are not real and even more reason to stop letting fear drive us. Play ball.

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
I know a lady that died of a massive stroke. Her death certificate says COVID-19. It was argued with the hospital and coroner's office. They didn't care. The numbers are not real and even more reason to stop letting fear drive us. Play ball.
Same here in Colo. A man died with a BAC of .55%. The coroner classified as acute alcohol poisoning. He was then counted as a Covid death because he tested positive post mortem. Same thing with 91 yr old, wheel chair bound for a decade, with severe underlying health issues.

Apr 14, 2017
Earth
You don’t say. Can’t believe our own government misleads us so badly!! It’s almost like they wanted to see how easy Americans give up their civil liberties, cower in fear until our government overlords say it’s ok to leave our houses.