Gundy's Mind A "Vacuum"?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 28, 2007
Mark Cooper, in todays Tulsa World said, "If you looked at Oklahoma State's wide receivers in a vacuum, in head coach Mike Gundy's mind, this years group would be considered one of the stronger ones in the Big 12."

In know the World doesn't like OSU much, and there's more than one way to interpret this, but the second comma makes it sound like Gundy's mind is the vacuum. I'm old, so punctuation matters to me.

I just try to ignore this stuff, but even if it's not a slam on Gundy, what does he mean by "vacuum"?

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Mark Cooper, in todays Tulsa World said, "If you looked at Oklahoma State's wide receivers in a vacuum, in head coach Mike Gundy's mind, this years group would be considered one of the stronger ones in the Big 12."

In know the World doesn't like OSU much, and there's more than one way to interpret this, but the second comma makes it sound like Gundy's mind is the vacuum. I'm old, so punctuation matters to me.

I just try to ignore this stuff, but even if it's not a slam on Gundy, what does he mean by "vacuum"?
He’s just saying that if Gundy looked at our receivers group this year and knew nothing about them he would still be impressed with them.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
We had a bunch of studs last year. Therefore it is hard to compare this group to last. But if you knew nothing about last years group, you would think this group is impressive.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I think it means not taking into consideration or comparing them to the incredible wealth of talent we just lost in Washington, Ateman and Lacy but just comparing them to the existing talent in the Big 12 currently. We still have arguably an “embarrassment of riches” at that position. The nice addition to that this year is we have developed a similar “embarrassment of riches” at running back and with what should be an increasingly stronger offensive line.

I think this is a year where a “good” but not not necessarily “great” QB could have a lot of success just driving this Lamborgini without wrecking it.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I think it means it's still almost 3 weeks until football and we are starved for fresh subject matter.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2007

I don’t you interpret that any way in which Gundy’s mind is not the vacuum.

Mark Cooper sucks.

JimmytheGreek

Banned
Banned
Sep 20, 2017
Texas
I don’t you interpret that any way in which Gundy’s mind is not the vacuum.

Mark Cooper sucks.
I’m not sure what was written due to the content posted by the OP. There is a lot that doesn’t make sense. So, if you are saying that Mark Cooper sucks based on that post then you have some issues. If you are basing that comment off of what you have directly heard or read, them you aren’t listening very well.
The guy has done a lot of good toward OSU. Sounds like you are just another whiner that complains when someone says something YOU interpret negatively toward Gundy IMO.

NYC Poke

The Veil of Ignorance
A/V Subscriber
Sep 24, 2007
I’m not sure what was written due to the content posted by the OP. There is a lot that doesn’t make sense. So, if you are saying that Mark Cooper sucks based on that post then you have some issues. If you are basing that comment off of what you have directly heard or read, them you aren’t listening very well.
The guy has done a lot of good toward OSU. Sounds like you are just another whiner that complains when someone says something YOU interpret negatively toward Gundy IMO.
Vacuum, sucks, get it?

Never mind. If you have to explain it . . .

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
I think it means not taking into consideration or comparing them to the incredible wealth of talent we just lost in Washington, Ateman and Lacy but just comparing them to the existing talent in the Big 12 currently. We still have arguably an “embarrassment of riches” at that position. The nice addition to that this year is we have developed a similar “embarrassment of riches” at running back and with what should be an increasingly stronger offensive line.

I think this is a year where a “good” but not not necessarily “great” QB could have a lot of success just driving this Lamborgini without wrecking it.
Maybe "Corndog" can be our Tee Martin.