1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Hardest Road game

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by snuffy, Aug 17, 2012.

1. PokeJ

PokeJ Deputy

Look at OUs home record under Stoops. OU by a mile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. cowboyethics344

cowboyethics344 Federal Marshal

I didn't

3. cowboyethics344

Bulls$*!.....OU is like 1 deep on the offensive line and has a bunch of freshman WRs who Landry has never thrown to (see last year bedlam and see how that worked out). None of those guys except Metoyer has a shot at being as good as Stills at least not as freshman. Lets add, their starting running back is coming off an ACL injury and their backup RBs SUCK.

OU's lost 3 or 4 of their best d-line men last year and have yet to prove that they can put any pressure on anyone with a decent o-line. The secondary is decent at best.....they have some good linebackers but their corners are awful. Not even Mike Stoops is going to be able to help them.

All and All unless we decide just not to show up, We have a 60% chance of winning at OU playing badly

Lets be honest here, you can look at past records and OU football history. The team OU has now is not at the level of past teams just as OSU is not at the level of past teams.

malpoke likes this.
  4. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Cowboy

We are starting an 18 year old at quarterback.... We have unproven receivers, unproven offensive line, plus its IN NORMAN. I am as orange as the next cowboy but man you have to be realistic. While all of those players I mentioned could play fantastically this year to assume we will have solid play from everyone is a little premature. He simply asked which game is the toughest, and to say anything other than at Norman is crazy talk.

StillwaterMan likes this.
  5. cowboyethics344

This far from accurate my friend. Our offense line does have proven players and Tracy Moore and josh Stewart have proven they can make plays. Most of you discount our 9 returning starters on defense which is going to help a bunch. Let's also leave out2 proven running backs in randle and smith. You can use the freshman qb argument all day but when it comes down to it we should still have anopprtunity to win every game assuming we don't turn the ball over 5 times.

malpoke likes this.
  6. StillwaterMan

StillwaterMan Beers and loud noises A/V Subscriber

Sooo.....I just want to make sure I get your logic. From reading these boards all summer you have a LOT of faith in guys we have seen little to nothing of on the OSU team. But you have no faith in OUs newcommers?

7. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Cowboy

Is Lunt not a true freshman? Is he not 18 yrs old? Do we have more than 2 previous starters on the offensive line? Do we have more than 2 returning receivers that have seen game time? So far everything I said was pretty accurate. You dog ou's line for only being one deep, what about ours? You dog freshman receivers at ou and what do you think we have? You are ignoring some serious stuff man. For all we know Lunt is the next luck, but man I think you are way off.

8. cowboyethics344

I have faith that mike gundy who said Wes Lunt might be the most mature and talented Freeman to walk on campus is accurate and we have enough proven playmakers as in randle, smith, Tracy Moore, and Stewart to have a shot to win every game. We also have depth on defense and the talent to be one of the best in the conference. Defense wins championships and we got one.

9. cowboyethics344

Lunt is a freshman but that does not mean he won't make plays. He will make some mistakes sure. Our o-line has a bunch of guys... I doubt wickline would say this is one of the best o-lines if he did not mean it. Rush, Taylor, Graham, and Koenig all have experience. But let's say we score 28 points a game... Do you think our defense is just going to fall off the edge of the planet?????

10. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Cowboy

I don't really disagree with all of this it's just pushin it to assume ou is a win especially due to the reasons you mentioned. And the point of this whole threa is hardest road game an there is no debate about this one. Norman by far.

11. cowboyethics344

Nothing is a win For sure but we have a better than average shot at beating ou. I just find it funny how they are ranked number 4 and they got held to 10 points by our defense.

12. CampusCowboy

CampusCowboy Federal Marshal

I can't believe this is even a debate. OU is our toughest road game and it isn't even close.

It really doesn't matter how good we are or how good OU is, all that matters is that the game is in Norman. Stoops' teams are 77-3 in Norman. When you remember all 3 games they lost in the last 12 years, then you know it is a tough place to play.

Sure KSU will be tough too, but they aren't virtually unbeatable at home like OU is.

13. Goiter

Goiter Wrangler

[​IMG]

14. RxCowboy

RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession. A/V Subscriber

Yeah, they suck and it will be a cakewalk in Norman.:rolleyes:

15. cowboyethics344

Really? I never knew I posted that....I guess saying that we have a better than average chance to win means it will be a cake walk.

16. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Federal Marshal

If both teams are 100% I'd put OSU's chances in Norman at about 40% and I'm being a little nice there. Two banged up teams played in 2009 and OSU lost 27-0. Usually I think homefield is worth about a 7 point advantage but in Norman I'd say it's probably more like 14.

17. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Federal Marshal

Yes, Lunt is a true freshman.

He will be 19 when Bedlam rolls around.

Yes we have 3 starters on the O-line when you include J. Rush who we lost at Texas A&M but is back this season. Others on the o-line have a ton of experience and starts here and there. We have not had anything less than a great O-line since 2006. O-line is not a problem. I'd even say we are in far better shape than OU in that position.

Stewart, T. Moore, C. Moore, I. Anderson all have seen game time. So yes we have more than two.

kcpoke likes this.
  18. StillwaterMan

StillwaterMan Beers and loud noises A/V Subscriber

I think 40% is fair. OUs big concern in my opinion is thier O-line at this point and possibly defensive line. OUs recieving core is going to be better than many on here want to think they will be. Stills is a very good college reciever, Brown (the luck ass transfer they scored) is proven, and the new freshman Metoyer is about as proven as Charlie Moore who we all have faith in, and after that they have a slew of young guys much like us. They are better than fine at RB, and they have a four year starter at QB who will play lights out for 9 games a year. They got a lot of new guys on D-line (like us), returning a good linebacker core (like us), secoundary...im not real sure what they got going on.

But as for thier O-line....in 2009 they beat us in Norman with walkons playing on the o-line.

19. OUTitan

OUTitan Cowboy

I don't think I've read a more inaccuarate assessment of what OU is putting on the field this year. LOL

As far a K-State goes, I don't think Bill Young will let a pretty much one dimesional team gash his D two years in row. They can only pass well when their running game gets going. That said, K-State will alwyas be prepared & Colin Klein is hell of a football player. The guy leaves it out on the field every Saturday

20. cowboyethics344

Please tell me where you believe the inaccuracies lie and give me your assessment.