Heart of a nurse, brain of a doctor thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
They should be shamed. They should know better.

Their instructors failed them. Their administrators and Dr. coworkers are failing them still.

They shouldn't be working in health care.
Oh, you wouldn't believe it. I work with several RN's that could've been the ones featured in this thread.

A real beauty is one of our male RN's, who's also a doctor of Oriental Medicine or some such certification. Guy doesn't practice that form of medicine, but constantly tells us how everything we do in Western Medicine is terrible.

Now, do I think Pharma companies are beyond criticism? Absolutely not, but it's absolute nutball stuff to fail to recognize the ways they've helped improve lives also.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Their instructors failed them. Their administrators and Dr. coworkers are failing them still.

It's difficult for me to understand both refusing a flu vaccination AND bitching about having to wear a mask. It's all about patient safety, primum non nocere.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Difference between being against vaccines and being against MANDATORY vaccines. I personally think they are grouping together and giving too many at a time to children now.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Difference between being against vaccines and being against MANDATORY vaccines. I personally think they are grouping together and giving too many at a time to children now.

That's just complete bullshit.

Vaccines don't make people sick long term. There are no long term side effects of vaccinating children against infectious diseases. Period.

If you want to work in health care you need to be vaccinated against Flu and hepatitis at the very least, and if you don't want to do that then you don't need to be working in health care. There are lots of jobs at the local mall, and fast food is always hiring.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2810172/

edit - and I'm sorry if that comes across as crass and harsh, but making even a little room for an excuse here is just asking for a world of trouble. Either get the fukin' shot, or find a different job. Period.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

Based on what, exactly?
Based on instruction that we are supposed to protect little ones and their immune systems, but then they want you to give a ton of shots to them before even 1. I have a bunch of kids and I've seen the amount of shots go up and some of them weren't given as early before.