Heart - the Wilson sisters

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I saw Heart last night at PNC Pavillion in Cincy. My face is still melted and my butt is still rocked! I mean, I nearly swooned when Nancy came onto stage and strapped on her guitar. And Ann was simply fabulous. I can usually tell when bands play songs in other than original keys because their lead singers can no longer hit the high notes (I'm not going to claim perfect pitch, but I've got pretty doggone good relative pitch being a guitar player). As near as I could tell there was only one high note that Ann clipped off last night and *everything* was in its original key. For being a hair under 70 years old she was simply amazing, she did not disappoint. For me she is simply the greatest female singer in rock history, and Nancy might simply be the greatest female guitar player in rock history. Ann can melt your face with her voice or she can sing velvety ballads, she is an incredible talent. The pair of them... the Wilson sisters... oh man... what can I say except I've been a fan since I first heard Magic Man in 1976. Ann also broke out the flute for "Love Alive". I just wish she didn't look so much like a slimmed down version of my first wife (look at her on the cover of Little Queen, that's pretty much what my ex looked like in her 20s) because it makes her hard for me to look at. Still, hearing her... ah, eargams. Nancy wants me. She can have me.

The best moment of the night, however, was a non-Heart song. Heart has always covered songs in concert, particularly Zep - and yes, they did Stairway during the encore and it was fantastic. But during the set they did Yes's "All Good People" and it was just freaking awesome, unbelievably good. I'm getting all goose-pimply all over again thinking about it. They also covered Simon and Garfunkle's "The Boxer" which happens to be my favorite S&G song and again, it was amazing.

The only negative - Heart songs use a LOT of guitar effects, and they did not always come through clearly through the sound system. The sound at times was muddy. Not their fault, that was the fault of the venue. The PNC Pavillion sound system is what it is. The volume was not uncomfortable for me without hearing protection, but it was still muddy at times because of the effects.

Santana is coming next month. The cheapest tickets I've found are $400. I wish I could afford to go. Seeing Heart and Santana in the same summer would be incredible. My birthday is in September (hint hint). Someone could start a GoFundMe (hint hint).

Nov 6, 2010
I've never had the privilege to see them live, but have caught several of their "live" shows on TV and I concur with everything you say. An incredibly under-rated band in all aspects, especially her vocals, which are just impossible to duplicate. Add in the age factor and wow.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
I saw Heart last night at PNC Pavillion in Cincy. My face is still melted and my butt is still rocked! I mean, I nearly swooned when Nancy came onto stage and strapped on her guitar. And Ann was simply fabulous. I can usually tell when bands play songs in other than original keys because their lead singers can no longer hit the high notes (I'm not going to claim perfect pitch, but I've got pretty doggone good relative pitch being a guitar player). As near as I could tell there was only one high note that Ann clipped off last night and *everything* was in its original key. For being a hair under 70 years old she was simply amazing, she did not disappoint. For me she is simply the greatest female singer in rock history, and Nancy might simply be the greatest female guitar player in rock history. Ann can melt your face with her voice or she can sing velvety ballads, she is an incredible talent. The pair of them... the Wilson sisters... oh man... what can I say except I've been a fan since I first heard Magic Man in 1976. Ann also broke out the flute for "Love Alive". I just wish she didn't look so much like a slimmed down version of my first wife (look at her on the cover of Little Queen, that's pretty much what my ex looked like in her 20s) because it makes her hard for me to look at. Still, hearing her... ah, eargams. Nancy wants me. She can have me.

The best moment of the night, however, was a non-Heart song. Heart has always covered songs in concert, particularly Zep - and yes, they did Stairway during the encore and it was fantastic. But during the set they did Yes's "All Good People" and it was just freaking awesome, unbelievably good. I'm getting all goose-pimply all over again thinking about it. They also covered Simon and Garfunkle's "The Boxer" which happens to be my favorite S&G song and again, it was amazing.

The only negative - Heart songs use a LOT of guitar effects, and they did not always come through clearly through the sound system. The sound at times was muddy. Not their fault, that was the fault of the venue. The PNC Pavillion sound system is what it is. The volume was not uncomfortable for me without hearing protection, but it was still muddy at times because of the effects.

Santana is coming next month. The cheapest tickets I've found are $400. I wish I could afford to go. Seeing Heart and Santana in the same summer would be incredible. My birthday is in September (hint hint). Someone could start a GoFundMe (hint hint).
Has Santana come yet? Did you raise the funds?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Has Santana come yet? Did you raise the funds?
Yeah, I got a lawn ticket. I won't do that again. It was like sardines.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk