Hill to the Ravens

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
You totally whiffed on this entire subject. I have a problem with any healthy player sitting out a game, period.

You don’t have a problem in certain circumstances, I guess. I’m trying to figure out where you draw the line. Is it (1) you really don’t know what you believe, (2) it’s always okay to bag a game for personal reasons, (3) you do know what’s unacceptable, but don’t want to appear a hypocrite, or (4) just adjust your convictions to the circumstances.

I agree my scenarios are extreme, but if you can’t apply your own convictions to ANY scenario, then you have no convictions one way or another.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My convictions are that it is an individuals choice and responsibility to do what is best for them. Period.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
Then you’re ok with a player accepting a 4-yr full ride then refusing to contribute? After all, he might get hurt, so why jeopardize his future health?

They get a season to season agreement. It's not a four year contract.

And they don't get in a position to get hurt if they don't contribute. You're trying to make this black and white and it is not.

It benefited neither Hill nor OSU for him to play in those games.
Incorrect. In the B12 it’s a 4-yr contract. Players cannot be dismissed for performance reasons.

BTW, it is black and white to define where you draw the line. You’re just being a namby pamby pu___y.

BTW2, if you accept many NFL scouts and evaluators opinions, sitting out 3 games with a supposed “injury” did hurt his ultimate draft outcome. He was the 4th or 5th rated RB but went 7th or 8th due to his durability concerns which only arose with such supposed injury.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO
You totally whiffed on this entire subject. I have a problem with any healthy player sitting out a game, period.

You don’t have a problem in certain circumstances, I guess. I’m trying to figure out where you draw the line. Is it (1) you really don’t know what you believe, (2) it’s always okay to bag a game for personal reasons, (3) you do know what’s unacceptable, but don’t want to appear a hypocrite, or (4) just adjust your convictions to the circumstances.

I agree my scenarios are extreme, but if you can’t apply your own convictions to ANY scenario, then you have no convictions one way or another.

My convictions are that it is an individuals choice and responsibility to do what is best for them. Period.
So I’ll put you down as an advocate for any player to sit out any game for any reason. Well done.

Mfa6677

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jan 15, 2016
Kansas
Always funny to see gumby speaking about loyalty when he put his own sons job security up in the air because he would rather win an argument on the interwebz than to not admit his son works in the athletic department and Feeds him the info he uses on here. Which by the way gumby I have had discussions with two pro scouts and according to them sitting out had nothing to do with where hill was drafted. They had him always lower third at best and likely fourth round. With running backs nfl teams would rather they sit out and not use their bodies any more than needed. One scout I talked to at my my buddies funeral in February. I’ve known him my entire life as it’s his cousin. The other, is my college roommates brother. Hills issues are size and top end speed as well as pass blocking issues and juking too much around the line this season according to those two. By all means with your connections this season when you see Justice hill call him a quitter to his face and see if you are this smug.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
So I’ll put you down as an advocate for any player to sit out any game for any reason. Well done.

I'll concede that I'll be pretty frustrated with a guy if he skips a game to take his girlfriend to a Beyonce concert.

However... if that happens on a team that has a chance to play for a championship, I will personally buy you a Robert Kraft special at the massage parlor of your choice.

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
so i guess some on here would agree that Zion Williamson is an idiot then................

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
so i guess some on here would agree that Zion Williamson is an idiot then................
Nope. He felt he was healthy enough and that his future was set enough and he made his own decision. I think that is the deeper part of this conversation is that as a fan you can whine and cry all you want, but ultimately the decision is up to the athlete. You're comparing a #1 pick to a 4th round maybe 5th round guy.

Cro

A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Nope. He felt he was healthy enough and that his future was set enough and he made his own decision. I think that is the deeper part of this conversation is that as a fan you can whine and cry all you want, but ultimately the decision is up to the athlete. You're comparing a #1 pick to a 4th round maybe 5th round guy.
lol, i'm a whiner b/c I don't agree w/ not playing when you aren't hurt? if Hill would have sat out the last 2 games the 2 previous seasons, people on here would be singing a much different tune............

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
lol, i'm a whiner b/c I don't agree w/ not playing when you aren't hurt? if Hill would have sat out the last 2 games the 2 previous seasons, people on here would be singing a much different tune............
Shoulda, Coulda Woulda. Regardless the choice is his and not yours. He did what he thought was best for his future. Can't knock him for that. I don't see how this is news to you lol. Fournette did it. Mcaffery did it. The Michigan guys did it. Jaylon Smith, once considered a top 5 pick tore his knee in his bowl game and it cost him millions. He says if he could go back he would still play, but regardless.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/22/18127862/skipping-bowl-games-contracts

Cro

A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Shoulda, Coulda Woulda. Regardless the choice is his and not yours. He did what he thought was best for his future. Can't knock him for that. I don't see how this is news to you lol. Fournette did it. Mcaffery did it. The Michigan guys did it. Jaylon Smith, once considered a top 5 pick tore his knee in his bowl game and it cost him millions. He says if he could go back he would still play, but regardless.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/12/22/18127862/skipping-bowl-games-contracts
who the F said this was "news" to me? complete conjecture on your part. making up stuff to try and prove a point is 1st grade message board sh!t. you don't like my opinion and got butt hurt, plain and simple............

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
who the F said this was "news" to me? complete conjecture on your part. making up stuff to try and prove a point is 1st grade message board sh!t. you don't like my opinion and got butt hurt, plain and simple............
Lol I believe you are the one who has a problem with Hill sitting out, sir. My point is Hill sat out and only more and more athletes are going to do it. Didn't realize I was talking to Coach Kilmer ;) "PlAiN aNd SiMpLe"

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
People also need to remember that just because your cleared to play doesn’t mean you are 100% healthy. A 100% percent Chubba Hubbard could be better than a 70% Hill. Hollywood Brown was “cleared” too play in the Orange Bowl and we all know how that worked out.

It’s the players choice at the end of the day. We may not agree on their choice but we should respect their decision. I’m selfish as well and I would had love too seen him ball out more for OSU. Can’t fault a guy for wanting to pursue his dreams.

Cro

A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Lol I believe you are the one who has a problem with Hill sitting out, sir. My point is Hill sat out and only more and more athletes are going to do it. Didn't realize I was talking to Coach Kilmer ;) "PlAiN aNd SiMpLe"
you're the one who decided to quote/respond to my post - not the other way around...........

Jun 11, 2016
Oklahoma City
you're the one who decided to quote/respond to my post - not the other way around...........
Lol right cause using the classic "some people" wasn't aimed at me or anything. Anyways. You are entitled to your opinion. I don't agree with it at all, but hey to each his own. I think Hill paid his dues and believe he made the best decision. He wasn't going to go 1st round and he knew he was a later pick so he decided to improve all he could on that. I just hope your kids aren't faced with this. Sounds like you'd be more concerned with winning a coach pitch game than your kid healing from a injury.

Cro

A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond
Lol right cause using the classic "some people" wasn't aimed at me or anything. Anyways. You are entitled to your opinion. I don't agree with it at all, but hey to each his own. I think Hill paid his dues and believe he made the best decision. He wasn't going to go 1st round and he knew he was a later pick so he decided to improve all he could on that. I just hope your kids aren't faced with this. Sounds like you'd be more concerned with winning a coach pitch game than your kid healing from a injury.
are you a drama queen in real life or just on anonymous message boards?

Celldweller7

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jul 17, 2004
A very specific place
fair enough. i come from a background of team 1st.........
At that level, I believe from the coaches to the players, that anyone in the locker room who has ambitions of a career are team first in so far as it aids their ambitions. A 6-4 team & bruised rib no longer aided the ambitions of Justice Hill. $400,000 & his love of OSU no longer aided the ambitions of Josh Henson when $600,000 became an option.