House(Senate) expected to (not)Impeach Trump ??..announcement at 3pm CST

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Thanks for proving my point. It makes absolutely no difference what your side does or has done in the past but only those damned Dims......
There are unfortunately many people on both sides of the political spectrum who believe their side can do no wrong and the other side can do no right. It's ironic to hear you accuse other people of that because you sir fit that definition to a T.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
There are unfortunately many people on both sides of the political spectrum who believe their side can do no wrong and the other side can do no right. It's ironic to hear you accuse other people of that because you sir fit that definition to a T.
Funny coming from someone who seemingly can’t decide which side he’s on.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Cool, so Trump wasn't dumb enough to state it explicitly on the call. He just had Guiliani and his aides make sure everyone knew release of the funds and the White House visit was tied to opening of investigations everywhere else. Which is what every witness has stated thus far.
Ha. Even some never Trumpers are admitting now that there is nothing illegal in the call.

The Steele dossier turned out to be incorrect (or outright fabricated) but we had to do a comprehensive investigation to be sure. Now the whistleblower appears to be incorrect (or outright fabricated) but we have to do a comprehensive investigation to be sure. I think I'm seeing a pattern here

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Ha. Even some never Trumpers are admitting now that there is nothing illegal in the call.

The Steele dossier turned out to be incorrect (or outright fabricated) but we had to do a comprehensive investigation to be sure. Now the whistleblower appears to be incorrect (or outright fabricated) but we have to do a comprehensive investigation to be sure. I think I'm seeing a pattern here
How about the President requesting help from foreign governments with elections? I see a pattern there.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
I'm still confused. Why can't the public know who the whistle-blower is, and why is the whistle-blower not testifying?

All these other people are testifying without anonymity.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field

Never Trumpers? If you want people to believe you are not a partisan hack, then don’t label nonpartisans never Trumpers. That’s not only disingenuous it’s being willfully obtuse imo.

Dec 9, 2013
This is all just political theater.

He stands zero chance of being convicted in the Senate.

Please, please get on with the business of running the country. Please?

I'm so sick of this shit I'm almost physically ill.
Nixon would never have been convicted by senate until hearings started in the house & then he resigned.

It’s being reported there are over 400 bills passed by the house being held up w no vote by Mitch in the Senate

This is the work of the people. A majority of Americans overwhelmingly voted in 2018 to return the house to the Ds. A majority of Americans currently want the impeachment inquiry to move forward. Several witnesses have testified that the withholding of aid has been detrimental to US National Security combatting 1 of our fiercest foes who is at war w a European ally

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
i dont know. but i do see there seems to be a very concerted effort to shut down ANYTHING that has to do with the whistleblower. Seems kind of unfair that his/her identity is totally protected and they do not have to testify while these other people get put through the meat grinder with very little protection.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
i dont know. but i do see there seems to be a very concerted effort to shut down ANYTHING that has to do with the whistleblower. Seems kind of unfair that his/her identity is totally protected and they do not have to testify while these other people get put through the meat grinder with very little protection.
You are aware of the laws protecting whistleblowers right? Does it seem unfair Trump has not had to testify?

Dec 9, 2013

It’s not about the call. That was never the crime. It was only 1 piece of evidence that a crime was potentially committed. The potential crime is the fact that President Trump directed officials to bribe the Ukrainian government in an extortion attempt to investigate a us political foe of trump’s by withholding congressionally approved financial aid.

Trump will be impeached. Will he resign as more walls close in? Will he be removed?

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
You are aware of the laws protecting whistleblowers right? Does it seem unfair Trump has not had to testify?
yes. But i thought the statutes were to protect the whistleblower from reprisal, which is not the same a providing anonymity. Seems kind anti-due process if they don't testify in a proceeding like this.
Generally speaking the accused does not have to testify.

I recognize this is not the "trial" phase, but when it gets to the senate, will the whistleblower remain anonymous? or does Trump get to face his accuser?

Last edited:
Oct 7, 2008
Devin Nunes opened up by telling Sondland he was here to be smeared by Democrats. Now that Republicans don't like his testimony we get to see him be smeared by Republicans. I guess technically Nunes was telling the truth...