House(Senate) expected to (not)Impeach Trump ??..announcement at 3pm CST

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Ha. Even some never Trumpers are admitting now that there is nothing illegal in the call.

The Steele dossier turned out to be incorrect (or outright fabricated) but we had to do a comprehensive investigation to be sure. Now the whistleblower appears to be incorrect (or outright fabricated) but we have to do a comprehensive investigation to be sure. I think I'm seeing a pattern here
Never Trumpers? If you want people to believe you are not a partisan hack, then don’t label nonpartisans never Trumpers. That’s not only disingenuous it’s being willfully obtuse imo.
Never Trumper is a specific group of establishment Republicans that pledged to never vote Trump.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Never Trumper is a specific group of establishment Republicans that pledged to never vote Trump.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Well, good for them. Glad to know there are a few Republicans left that I might recognize. They’ll have a big role to play in repairing the party and the country once this nightmare is over.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Well, good for them. Glad to know there are a few Republicans left that I might recognize. They’ll have a big role to play in repairing the party and the country once this nightmare is over.
Lol...

Let's get right to work on repairing...

Record low unemployment for minorities
Record high Dow Jones Averages
Tax breaks for the American People
Two wonderful new Supreme Court Justices
Energy Independence

The only thing that needs repair is the divisive nature of politics and the parties to that lie on BOTH sides of the isle in Washington. Gimme some more of Pokey's Nightmare! Not tired of winning.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
It most certainly is not considered an impeachable offense to Senate Republicans or to the Republicans in this forum. Democrats should have known that they had to come up with something better or forget trying to impeach. As a result, Trump may actually sense he better be more careful about not doing or saying something stupid or unethical before the 2020 election. Democrats don't need him being more careful.
LOL, as if...

1574273639835.png

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Correct.

Ignorance on full display, yet again from the Pokester. Hard to have a conversation when someone misunderstands/misrepresents virtually everything you say.
Funny coming from the guy who claims scandal fatigue is a real thing, then stops watching testimony and immediately starts a diversionary post on Boulder Colorado politics. Lol you wound me bro!

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I confess to not reading this morning but as of yesterday polling showed 70% of Americans believed the Pres had done something wrong. 51% believed it warranted impeachment & removal. 1 in 5 respondents said the public hearings had led them to this decision. This was all before the R witnesses, Volker & Morrison. And before Sondland threw everyone under the bus.
Polls have no barring on reality in a now very politically biased society...see November 2016.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
And those same 2 million think the same about you. As we have seen though, the liberal opinion is all that matters. It would be funny to see a comparison of what the percentage of accuracy of news organizations by a nonpartisan group.
I'd say it's closer to the 63 million that voted for the current POTUS. 2 million is chump change.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Ken Starr on Fox:

"This obviously has been one of those bombshell days."​
"We now have a process crime of contempt of Congress, contempt of the House."​
"It doesn't look good for the president substantively."​

Dec 9, 2013
You want to know you’re on the wrong side of this? If you are arguing in support of a man who withheld military aid from a country fighting your enemy all because you want dirt on a political rival.

We already knew aid was withheld. Today’s testimony says that trump didn’t ask fo an actual investigation. He asked for an announcement. Every single goal post the Rs have moved has been kicked through.

The only thing the Rs on the committee are doing now is talking to the 25% who will never walk away from Trump.

Oct 7, 2008
I'm still confused. Why can't the public know who the whistle-blower is, and why is the whistle-blower not testifying?

All these other people are testifying without anonymity.
Part of the reason is bc other witness's lives are being threatened for testifying. And Trump tweeted that the whistleblower committed treason and implied he should be put to death.
https://twitter.com/ADLWashCounsel/status/1196924229289218051

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Remember this was Trump's hand picked and appointment to ambassador...not some career political guy

Ambassador Gordon Sondland: “I know members of this committee frequently frame these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a quid pro quo?”

“The answer is yes.”
https://t.co/kpHPHoKlwc

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Funny coming from the guy who claims scandal fatigue is a real thing, then stops watching testimony and immediately starts a diversionary post on Boulder Colorado politics. Lol you wound me bro!
*sigh*

Let's go point by point here.

Yes, scandal fatigue is a real thing, whether you belive it or not. Google it if you still want to deny it's existence. Keep your head where it's warm if you don't.

Secondly, where did I say I've stopped watching testimony? Once again, you're confusing what posters have said what.

Diversionary post? Yes, a story appearing in my local paper today involving a local mayoral selection with clearly racist opinions being espoused is just a diversion. Not an interesting story that stands on its' own, nah, just a diversion. Oddly, your response is to ask about the Oklahoma Governor. Here's your f'n mirror, !diot.

Have you had a chance to figure out what "Never Trumpers" means? I mean, it's only been part of our lexicon for 3 years now.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Speaking of scandal fatigue..who amoung you didn’t expect the dems at least to attempt to impeach as early as the day after the election? Frankly I’m surprised it Took them so long...guess they put all their eggs in the muller basket and when it came up empty them here we go. Is what it is...pretty damn boring actually...but very sad.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Remember this was Trump's hand picked and appointment to ambassador...not some career political guy

Ambassador Gordon Sondland: “I know members of this committee frequently frame these complicated issues in the form of a simple question: Was there a quid pro quo?”

“The answer is yes.”
https://t.co/kpHPHoKlwc
To be fair he also once worked for Biden according to his opening statement.. To assume these guys and gals are all free of political bias is wrong. They are human beings and have preferences. These witness all seem to disapprove of the POTUS foreign policy when it conflicts with their long held ideas in certain regions. When a shift in power structure happens due to elections you are always going o have opposition. Couple that’ with the massive political bias against this POTUS then you have pre meditated Investigations and then impeachment after Those fail.