How about Baker yesterday? How'd he do?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Except I’ll back it up and put my money where my mouth is. It’s not false bravado.

Watching the first quarter of this ugly game, and you really dodged a bullet by declining a bet with me. I mean yeah, obviously Tulsa’s defense is national title caliber, but come on, osu should be able to do better than 3 points.
Your mouth doesn't pay up, so there's that.
My record on paying up on lost bets on here is 100%. Youre just too timid to put your own money where your mouth is. Even when you’re being offered free money.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.
pick up a flag or two today, Tulsa makes a FG, Tulsa beats Pokes...better get a LOT better or you'll be battling Kansas for last place in the BIG 12, well possibly Texas Tech too since they beat HBU by only 2 last weekend. OU would beat Tulsa by half a hundred. Gundy made a good move putting Shane in....lucky he was dressed out.
Don't try to act like Tulsa has never put the scare on ou...

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
pick up a flag or two today, Tulsa makes a FG, Tulsa beats Pokes...better get a LOT better or you'll be battling Kansas for last place in the BIG 12, well possibly Texas Tech too since they beat HBU by only 2 last weekend. OU would beat Tulsa by half a hundred. Gundy made a good move putting Shane in....lucky he was dressed out.
Or even Kansas... Lol

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Territorial Marshal
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Tulsa didn’t scare OSU today.

OSU scared OSU today.

Big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Your mouth doesn't pay up, so there's that.
Man looks like you dodged a huge bullet here by being too timid to take a bet with me. This osu offense is kinda weak sauce. I was hoping they'd have enough juice to make it to the ccg, but now i doubt even that possibility.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I'd say a freshman, with no spring ball, & no practice for 2 weeks (COVID) coming in & winning the game is not nearly as bad as you want to paint it.
I'd expect anyone good enough at football to get a scholarship to play qb for gundy should make easy work of tulsa. Even sans practice. Especially with two of the best skill guys in the country to give the ball to. OU's backup missed almost the entire fall camp and practice and he carved up his completely outmatched opponent like he was a heisman contender. of course, being deep at all positions helps.

This is more an admonishment of the entire offense than the backup qb.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I'd expect anyone good enough at football to get a scholarship to play qb for gundy should make easy work of tulsa. Even sans practice. Especially with two of the best skill guys in the country to give the ball to. OU's backup missed almost the entire fall camp and practice and he carved up his completely outmatched opponent like he was a heisman contender. of course, being deep at all positions helps.
Right, but your only credential is OU fan-boy, so nobody really cares about what you'd 'expect.'

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Right, but your only credential is OU fan-boy, so nobody really cares about what you'd 'expect.'
My credentials are irrelevant. But I've watched enough football to know what to expect when one team is completely outmatched by the other. And this was a garbage performance whether you agree with it or not. Even you know a garbage performance when you see one.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Please stop. We played attrocious football against an opponent we should have easily defeated and you know it. You're making our fan base look bad going this route.
Where did I ever claim otherwise?

Pointing out the context of what happened with the QB play, which he knew nothing about, hardly equates to saying it wasn't an atrocious performance.

And 'making our fan base look bad'? Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Where did I ever claim otherwise?

Pointing out the context of what happened with the QB play, which he knew nothing about, hardly equates to saying it wasn't an atrocious performance.

And 'making our fan base look bad'? Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back.
Rattler would have thrown for four touchdowns against them in the first half, whether he practiced for the last two weeks or not. It's freaking tulsa. the same team who gave up 40 points to osu last year. This is a lil bro excuse.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Rattler would have thrown for four touchdowns against them in the first half, whether he practiced for the last two weeks or not. It's freaking tulsa. the same team who gave up 40 points to osu last year. This is a lil bro excuse.
Yes, of course, a guy who redshirted & played last year is the same thing as a guy who's never been through spring ball & was questionable to even suit up Saturday. Same thing entirely.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yes, of course, a guy who redshirted & played last year is the same thing as a guy who's never been through spring ball & was questionable to even suit up Saturday. Same thing entirely.
That's a claim you are making, not me. I'm saying its tulsa. the same tulsa who went 2-8 in the aac. who had 40 points put on them by a freshman qb at osu. same rb, same wr, same coach. 16 points. osu will need sanders to be competitive in this league. any qb good enough to be on scholarship at osu should carve them up. and the rest of the players who were playing, they should have eaten tulsa's lunch. last year was all hubbard, sanders wasnt even needed. no good qb play required to beat tulsa. he had like 169 yards passing. this year's offense doesnt seem to be as potent.

Last edited: