Huge Beirut explosion shatters windows across Lebanese capital

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
The interwebs are showing a missile coming in when switched to thermal imaging. Looks CGI to me but what do I know?

Look at second post for video.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SyrianShield/status/1291350714682347520
Yeah, I would be hesitant to believe that one as well...What are the odds that not just one BUT TWO people are walking around with "laser cameras"?

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The interwebs are showing a missile coming in when switched to thermal imaging. Looks CGI to me but what do I know?

There is no conventional weapon on Earth that can cause that level of destruction. The explosion was 2 levels of magnitude greater than the Mother of All Bombs. No Missile could have

This explosion destroyed building 7 miles away and was heard and hit a 3.3 earthquake level in the country of Cypress 140 miles away

The only known weapons on Earth which could cause such an explosion are Nukes (very small nukes)

Here is how big the MOAB is

There isn't a plane on Earth that could fire a Missile that would have enough juice to be 2 x bigger than this thing

1596738018503.png

Last edited:

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
There is no conventional weapon on Earth that can cause that level of destruction. The explosion was 2 levels of magnitude greater than the Mother of All Bombs. No Missile could have

This explosion destroyed building 7 miles away and was heard and hit a 3.3 earthquake level in the country of Cypress 140 miles away

The only known weapons on Earth which could cause such an explosion are Nukes (very small nukes)

There isn't a plane on Earth that could fire a Missile that would have enough juice to be 2 x bigger than this thing

View attachment 84559
The latest is it was a hypersonic stealth missile:runaway:

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
The latest is it was a hypersonic stealth missile:runaway:
Now Russia DOES have one of those...and the US is on the verge and testing them. Those things are kinetic and not explosive though. However all the ones observed produce 3-4 kilotons of force of kinetic energy and can penetrate all known man made substances. This explosion had 200+ Kilotons

Last edited:

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

View attachment 84559
I don't think you understand what they're saying is the missile was shot into the warehouse containing the ammonium nitrate and thus caused the massive explosion.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
In your quest to follow me around and desperately try to discredit anything I post you really expose your own bias and shortsighted understanding of geopolitical politics.

The court of public opinion is very much strong and can lead to actionable offense by the public and it is driven by social media in these countries. These types of messages on social media lead to a public who is very much vocal and violent when compared to western civil unrest. The misinformation on social media in which they put faith leaves it impossible for some countries/organizations/etc to participate in recovery or aid missions because the public fooled by misinformation on social media will hurt, harm, destroy anything associated with that country.
Pointing out that you breathlessly run around posting the latest OMG moments from Twitter is just that, & nothing more. Don't break your Twitter arm patting yourself on the back.

Nov 6, 2010
I don't think you understand what they're saying is the missile was shot into the warehouse containing the ammonium nitrate and thus caused the massive explosion.

It doesn't matter, people will believe anything if they want to believe it badly enough. Thus, a lot of people are going to believe this video, doesn't matter if it makes any sense.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW

As an insurance policy because the fire wasn’t enough?