Ice Storm

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
Anyone else out there getting hammered by this right now? My yard and neighborhood is all fully mature trees and limbs are snapping left and right. Sounds like gun shots outside. I'm going to be lucky if I can escape this without something big falling on my roof. This sucks.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Anyone else out there getting hammered by this right now? My yard and neighborhood is all fully mature trees and limbs are snapping left and right. Sounds like gun shots outside. I'm going to be lucky if I can escape this without something big falling on my roof. This sucks.
That’s what happens when you hang your Christmas lights in October

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2010
When that happened in Tulsa a few years ago half the city was without power for over a week. All those limbs falling on power lines is a bad situation.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
When that happened in Tulsa a few years ago half the city was without power for over a week. All those limbs falling on power lines is a bad situation.
My wife and I lived in Tulsa over by TU when that happened. 9 days without power. It was horrible. My power here just went out about 30 minutes ago BTW.

Nov 6, 2010
My wife and I lived in Tulsa over by TU when that happened. 9 days without power. It was horrible. My power here just went out about 30 minutes ago BTW.
Yea it sucked, coldest week of the year I think. Luckily my house had a gas fireplace so I fired that up, got good and hammered, and slept right in front of it for a couple nights. The family took off for the inlaws who had power. Hoping you don't have to go through it again.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I know it sucks for some of us, but we needed the moisture really bad
Well, I'll take dry ground over the damage that's happening to my house, fence, and all my trees. The trees in my neighborhood look like a hurricane just came through. We're getting it bad right now. The limb snapping has actually calmed down for the last couple of hours thankfully though.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
So far we have been sparred in Tulsa this time. My heart goes out to those in OKC and other communities to our west and north.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I live north of Calumet and literally have months of clean up ahead. I spent over an hour on the tractor earlier just clearing a path down my driveway so we can get out. The road was blocked when I got to the road so I had to clear the road then. We lost power about 9:00 this morning but had a generator installed about two years ago so we're good as long as I can keep everything cleared for the propane truck to deliver when I get low. Still at 75% now.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Anyone know how bad damage is on Campus?

My folks had some pretty major limbs come down in SW OKC. Moore area.

Nov 18, 2010
Just got back from doing some emergency chainsawing. I was outside for 3-4 hours and heard huge limb after huge limb after crack and fall on neighbors properties. I counted 7 or 8 transformer explosions, including the one that fed the house I was working on. This was in a few spots around the main part of town.

I think it's the leaves. Usually you get ice storms after the leaves are gone, but with the leaves covered in ice, its sooo much heavier. And then you soak the wood with hours of rain...

Got a couple big limbs hanging directly over the house that I wouldn't normally worry about, but now I don't know.

I had to swerve to avoid getting hit by a large falling limb while driving. If you ever wanted to start a tree limb mulching service, now's the time.