If Football Is Cancelled

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
What is the definition of "long term" in the context of cardiovascular implications? Assuming fall football is cancelled and many players contract covid during the fall semester, when should these players be cleared to resume playing?
The big 12 put in guidelines if a player test positive before they can return they have to go through a myriad of Heart exams and test

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1293570975691227136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1293570975691227136%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html1293570975691227136

Jan 16, 2019
Punta Gorda, Florida
It's never moved, this is where it's always been.

I don't pretend to be an expert, either, and I'm capable of understanding why CDC information, guidelines, and recommendations keep changing in the midst of a pandemic with a brand new disease about which we knew nothing in February. Are you?
It started in the general sports forum. I am so hoping there is a game. We can meet up and have a beer and talk about it. What do you say?

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
What is the definition of "long term" in the context of cardiovascular implications? Assuming fall football is cancelled and many players contract covid during the fall semester, when should these players be cleared to resume playing?
That's just it, with respect to COVID-19, we can't define "long-term" yet. The only thing we can mean by it is "longer than we typically see with respiratory viruses". Beyond that, no one knows yet.

As to resuming playing, I think that team physicians, universities, conferences can and will come up with guidelines for clearing players. As to what those might look like, I have no earthly idea. I'm sure this is also going to be informed by professional sports. It looks to me like the NBA and NHL are getting a lot of things right from a medical standpoint. The NHL is going to be particularly interesting because it IS a collision sport.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
The big 12 put in guidelines if a player test positive before they can return they have to go through a myriad of Heart exams and test

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/1293570975691227136?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1293570975691227136%7Ctwgr%5E&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html1293570975691227136
Yeah, but what do those tests have to show before a player is cleared, that's the question.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
It started in the general sports forum. I am so hoping there is a game. We can meet up and have a beer and talk about it. What do you say?
I'm hoping there are games too, though I do not believe it is actually going to happen this fall.

I don't drink but if we ever meet I would be happy to buy you the adult beverage of your choice. We can compare war wounds.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Yeah, but what do those tests have to show before a player is cleared, that's the question.
Who knows. I assume they would have to consult a cardiologist board who is working to study this and look to them to provide guidelines on what the test should show.

It is going to be like a real life experiment in real time with real people

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Who knows. I assume they would have to consult a cardiologist board who is working to study this and look to them to provide guidelines on what the test should show.

It is going to be like a real life experiment in real time with real people
I think by the time it actually happens they'll have some guidelines nailed down.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Mask will be required and they are arranging seats so that there is a free seat to each side and front and back.
so most likely only going to allow season ticket holders

OSU was only 1% behind their target of season ticket sales of 50,000 season tickets in early June.

I don't know if they will even be able to seat all the season ticket holders with those guidelines

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Which is more likely, @Rack
1. All scientists are dishonest and tainted the data just to cause alarm for a very small percentage of patients and cancel the college football season, or

2. You don't know what the heck you're talking about.
I wasn’t asking if you thought it was but if it’s possible.. To think data is tainted for profit or political reasons is not far fetched. I’m not saying this specific data was, but it is veague. I was used unknowingly over a decade ago to help do some very shady stuff for a former healthcare system so I do have trust issues. So maybe, just maybe, I do know more than you give me credit for about corruption and greed and Helathcare isn’t as pure as the wind driven snow as you seem to think it is.

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
I wasn’t asking if you thought it was but if it’s possible.. To think data is tainted for profit or political reasons is not far fetched. I’m not saying this specific data was, but it is veague. I was used unknowingly over a decade ago to help do some very shady stuff for a former healthcare system so I do have trust issues. So maybe, just maybe, I do know more than you give me credit for about corruption and greed and Helathcare isn’t as pure as the wind driven snow as you seem to think it is.

Obviously it isn't "pure as the driven snow." Surgisphere faked HCQ data and probably faked Ivermectin data while they were trying to corner the market in South America in order to jack up the price. But the widespread conspiracy you're alleging is about as likely as pink elephants flying out of your butt. But there's a chance, I can't say it won't happen.