If Football Is Cancelled

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
https://twitter.com/tribunedanny/status/1292195441401122821?s=21
I don't see this reported anywhere else. I could see them talking to the Big12 for contingency planning, but that's about it. I don't see how the B1G gets through their season, just given their geography, but I'm not sure any conference finishes this fall. I did found this same "reporting" on a message board where it was clearly a joke (they'd also pull in 5 SEC teams to become the COVID-19), but that was about it.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
https://dailycaller.com/2020/08/08/report-college-football-season-postponed-end-of-week-coronavirus/

Yup. Daily Beast.

REPORT: The College Football Season Might Be Postponed ‘By The End Of The Week’

DAVID HOOKSTEAD
SMOKE ROOM EDITOR-IN-CHIEF
August 08, 2020
3:45 PM ET
FONT SIZE:

00:08:08
The college football season is officially on life support.

According to Pat Forde, a very prominent person involved with sports told him that the college football season and all other fall sports could be postponed “by the end of the week” during the coronavirus pandemic.

Postponing the college football season would almost certainly result in the whole thing getting canceled.

There’s only one reaction I have right now, and it’s that we’re absolutely screwed from the sounds of it.

How the hell did it unravel so fast? How did things fall apart so damn fast? We just had the schedules get released.

There was so much hope and optimism in the air. It felt like we were going to have a relatively normal college football season.

Now, it looks like the prospects of that happening are fading by the day. The MAC has already canceled the season and the B1G is on the brink.

If the college football season actually ends up getting canceled, I might just crawl into a cave somewhere and disappear until August 2021.

I don’t even know what I’ll do all day. It’s going to be atrocious to live through fall without college football. In case you need an idea of what I’ll be like, the clip below should sum it up nicely.

Say a prayer, everyone. We need one to save the football season.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
How could we be expected to carry on like normal when there are only 99.95% of us left to enjoy it?

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?

From the article

"Several sources have indicated to ESPN that Big Ten presidents, following a meeting on Saturday, are ready to pull the plug on its fall sports season, and they wanted to gauge if commissioners and university presidents and chancellors from the other Power 5 conferences -- the ACC, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC -- will fall in line with them."

The Northeast and western schools want to......but they don't want to be alone. Both the Big 10 and Pac 12 also have a fair amount of player opposition (that we are not seeing in the other 3 leagues).

Worst part about all this is we have kids on campuses practicing for the fall. No information has changed between today and two weeks ago....if anything things are looking more positive.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
From the article

"Several sources have indicated to ESPN that Big Ten presidents, following a meeting on Saturday, are ready to pull the plug on its fall sports season, and they wanted to gauge if commissioners and university presidents and chancellors from the other Power 5 conferences -- the ACC, Big 12, Pac-12 and SEC -- will fall in line with them."

The Northeast and western schools want to......but they don't want to be alone. Both the Big 10 and Pac 12 also have a fair amount of player opposition (that we are not seeing in the other 3 leagues).

Worst part about all this is we have kids on campuses practicing for the fall. No information has changed between today and two weeks ago....if anything things are looking more positive.
This was published July 31. We're finding new information every day that the virus acts in ways we didn't expect. It simply isn't worth risking the health of the players.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6930e1.htm#contribAff