1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

In-n-out

Discussion in 'Tailgating, Cooking, Intoxicology' started by steross, Jun 27, 2010.

1. NYC Poke

A/V Subscriber NYC Poke Sir Dr. Lawyer Esquire, Lord of East Texica

True enough, I've only had I-A-O once, during a trip to SF. It was during Fleet Week, and this was a place near the waterfront, so it was packed. Maybe I just didn't have that great of experienced. I didn't think it was bad, just didn't think it was all that.

And your point about variances with Braum's is well-taken. My nostalgia-tinted glasses are obviously remembering the friendly neighborhood Braum's when I was growing up. They've expanded so much that it's hard to keep that sort of atmosphere and quality control.
  2. zachya

A/V Subscriber zachya Hero of Spielburg

...not to mention the "I don't give a damn" attitude that seems so prevalent amongst the fast food employee base...
  3. CTeamPoke

A/V Subscriber CTeamPoke Wildcard

It's true! Southlake is the only Dallas suburb where people say they are from Southlake instead of Dallas when asked where they are from. It's honest, but for the most part people don't know Dallas suburbs unless they're from Dallas.

You and BAMF are exceptions to the rule when it comes to Southlake people.
  4. State

A/V Subscriber State Cold Ass Honkey

I've only been there once and was impressed by the efficiency and cleanliness of the place. I think I had an animal style burger and don't remember it being anything great. I've never been impressed by Braum's or especially Sonic burgers but Whataburger and Lotaburger are pretty good.
  5. CPTNQUIRK

A/V Subscriber CPTNQUIRK A Legend in His Own Mind

In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
  6. Dark Horse

A/V Subscriber Dark Horse Some say...

That's not soon enough!
  7. steross

A/V Subscriber steross OSU fan in need of hyper loop

I got delayed. Leave in a couple of weeks. Going to China for a week then on to Aus.

To tie this in to the thread. I am going to I-N-O in LA on the way!
  8. Chris H.

A/V Subscriber Chris H. administrator emeritus

At OSU I always said I was from Grapevine. Which was then followed by "Oh, that's where that big mall is" :rolleyes:
  9. naranjaynegro

naranjaynegro Deputy

I was in LA last week and went to IN and OUT for the first time ever. Pretty basic Menu. Their burgers are definitely juicy, that's for sure. It was certainly a cut above the regular fast food burger but I'm not sure it comes close to the Beck's burger that NYP mentions....but the Beck's burger is pricier as well.

I hardly every go to Sonic anymore....I think their quality fell off a cliff. I used to love their #2 burger but can hardly stomach it anymore. I have to give McDonalds kudos for keeping their quality on par along with the cleanliness, most updated versions for their restaurants.
  10. dds115

A/V Subscriber dds115 Laughable

I think a lot of people say their actual home town. For me, it depended who's company I was in. I would say "Southlake" when asked, if I thought the person would know where Southlake is. A good amount of people have heard of it, for one reason or another.

Isn't there a huge friggin airport there, too? :p