1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

IPF Progress

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by CStorch123, Mar 10, 2012.

1. CStorch123

CStorch123 Cowboy

My apologies if this has already been posted. I saw what I think was the first loads of steel for supports being delivered this morning. Progress!

2. OSUFirepolak

OSUFirepolak Federal Marshal

3. cowboyZ

cowboyZ Cowboy

The baseball stadium is really getting me excited. Seeing, what LSU, South Carolina, and aTm have done in recent years with new stadiums, I'm extremely excited what we have in store since we will most likely equal or exceed what they've done. I'm hoping for the best stadium in the country. I'm also really excited about our tennis facility too. Here's a link to our tennis facility renderings followed by UGA's for a comparison. What does everyone think?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/osuathletics/6175232929/in/photostream/

http://www.georgiadogs.com/view.gal?id=69060

GoSTATE likes this.
  4. John Adkins

John Adkins Cowboy

OSU pretty much ruled the old Big 8 in tennis, didn't they?

Anaranjado likes this.
  5. 65POKE

65POKE Deputy

6. cowboyZ

cowboyZ Cowboy

Not to sound snobbish, but I have much higher expectations for our facility. It isn't bad for Tech though. I just hope and expect (we've all become spoiled) something more on par with Arkansas, South Carolina, or LSU as far as a new baseball stadium goes. I've never seen Tech's football center before. That was impressive I thought

7. 65POKE

65POKE Deputy

I think Rice U's Reckling Park is a top notch baseball facility here in Houston. Comfortable seating, outfield backdrop of the Texas Medical Center, very well detailed, all brick, free seating on the outfield berm. covered canopy for alot of the seats, and some suites.

http://www.riceowls.com/facilities/reckling-park.html

8. cowpoke72

cowpoke72 Deputy

Back to the OP, I didn't see any steel in any of the DOK pics today. I hope it is beginning to arrive so the cranes will have something to do. Still with a completion in January, its going to be a long time coming.

While the tennis project actually has stopped to replan, I am excited to hear that the indoor facility is being designed as we speak. The two new facilities will give the AV a more complete look.

9. Carneyman14

Carneyman14 Amazing golf ball whacker guy A/V Subscriber

Another rumor is that the baseball stadium might be in the same spot but facing a different direction. I would love to see the backdrop be Bennett and GIA/BPS. That would be cool.

10. eddie4osu

eddie4osu Cowboy

With all the money that was spent clearing those homes out and creating large open areas in which to build, where would this rumor be coming from?

The new baseball stadium should be built on McElroy across from what will be the tennis facility. It needs to have a parking lot with a large indoor baseball practice facility behind it. Then to the East of that should be a new modern baseball stadium that will rival any college baseball stadium in the country and match the quality of our football and basketball venues. We now have the room and that's the way it should be.

OSUFan likes this.
  11. PC_cowboy33

PC_cowboy33 Orange ruler guy A/V Subscriber

The new baseball facility needs to be built on top of Allie P. and it needs to keep the name, but it won't happen. I'm sure it will be moved to the aforementioned spot on McElroy and renamed something God-awful (Speed of Pitch is on the MPH radar in RF...whoever decided that should have no say in anything to do with the new stadium...what the hell is a SOP?!?!).

I said this in another thread but I'll say it again here...I'll be shocked if baseball is done by 2020. We are going to build and fund everything else first, and I can't see that happening within 8 years.

12. OSU_CC

OSU_CC Territorial Marshal

Yeah, I believe it will be the football ipf/practice fields, the new training center, the athletic villages (dorms), tennis center, and then baseball.

As bad as Allie P. is....our tennis courts are terrible. They are outdoor in one of the most windy college campuses. For how good our tennis programs have been....they need new courts.

Obviously money doesn't grow on trees but hopefully things will develop quickly at OSU.
    The new athletic facilities, the new research centers, the new business building, and renovated student union has made the campus a much more modern and nice place.

2020 sounds like a really really long time but that is only 8 years. Which considering all the things they are working on, it'll make pretty quick progress.

13. PC_cowboy33

PC_cowboy33 Orange ruler guy A/V Subscriber

The whole thing was supposed to be done by now. 8 years past due is a long time for a facility that could have had incremental upgrades to keep it competitive back in the early 2000s. But, baseball only monies were turned down for fear of cannibalizing donations that football was seeking...oh well, at least we got a SOP last year and a fresh coat of paint this year.

Anyway, it's good we're finally seeing progress so that the rest of our programs can get some needed facilities upgrades. Carry on.

14. OSU_CC

OSU_CC Territorial Marshal

No, I'm agreeing with you that the "other sports" have gotten ignored and are continued to be ignored but at least they are in the plans to be updated...

Some universities do not even have plans to renovate their "other sports" facilities. I've seen it with my own eyes and it usually leads to the removal of those programs along with a opposite gender sport from the university.

15. ohwiseone

ohwiseone Loves the Orange Kool-Aid A/V Subscriber

I'm Guessing the soccer stadium is going to be built at some point.

I'm not trying to takeaway any light from baseball, but we're so close of breaking through to making the College cup, and if we could a better stadium built our recruiting would be better.

Unless they plan on upgrading what they have now (they have room..just need money)

16. Matt_bob123

Matt_bob123 SBC presents Mattbob

Considering the money baseball spent in the off season, I feel pretty confident saying they don't expect a stadium anytime soon (cough decade cough). You don't paint the outfield/press box/ dugouts if you don't plan to be there a while. And our position on the timeline is certainly not confidence inspiring.
    The new stadium needs to be North of McElroy and facing the same direction it is now. Turning the stadium towards BPS and GIA would mean the summer south wind would blow in and hard. Considering our fans want power #'s - you could kiss that dream good bye. It'd be nearly impossible to have any kind of power numbers hitting into that south wind. The reason it needs to go North of McElroy is to give them more room to build. As it is, we couldnt add more concessions and restrooms if we wanted to. The only way to expand would be to shift the field closer to duck street, which eliminates some Bennett parking, which OSU will be hesitant to do given the recent reduction in parking they've experienced. Plus a location in the north, would allow for the creation of a baseball parking lot. TCU had great baseball parking which was conducive to tailgating and pregrame experience, OSU could use that.

17. eddie4osu

eddie4osu Cowboy

The new facilities should be, going from West to East starting just North of McElroy: Baseball parking with large indoor baseball facility behind it, then the new baseball stadium with another infield behind the outfield walls, then the new soccer stadium/field, followed by the new track and field with an indoor track and field building behind that.

18. stated

stated Sheriff

What ? did we throw away the AV master plan from 3 years ago ? Does anybody have the revised version ?

19. OrangeForever

OrangeForever I'm a GREAT guy, by the way. A/V Subscriber

Give it up to the Aggies - that new (rather, renovated) yard of theirs is fricking sick. I thought LSU's was probably the best in college baseball after all the money they put into it a few years back, but I'm pretty sure A&M takes that crown now.

20. Lafferty Daniel

Lafferty Daniel Sheriff A/V Subscriber

I was thinking the same thing. I was wondering why all these people were talking about the location for the stadium when it's already been decided. There was a revised AV master plan that was done after they scaled down the IPF. It's buried in a thread somewhere.