1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

iPhone vs Evo

Discussion in 'Video Games, Movies & Technology' started by dds115, Jun 7, 2010.

1. CStorch123

CStorch123 Cowboy

2. Chris H.

Staff Chris H. Systems Administrator

Arrington is a hack for apple?!?! [​IMG]
  3. okstateguy987

okstateguy987 Teamo Supremo

I really couldn't care less.
  4. Epperley28

A/V Subscriber Epperley28 Cowboy

5. klw1042

klw1042 Wrangler

HAHA! I saw this yesterday as well! She was getting ripped in the comments section :D
  6. Poke4Christ

Poke4Christ Cowboy

Kaje, do you go around looking for negative articles to post about Android and Android phones? Because that's all you post. I am a serious phone nerd. I read Dozens of articles every week. I've probably read a couple dozen on the Evo alone. Yet you somehow seem to find immensly negative things I NEVER see or hear about. WTH man?

I don't sit here posting negative articles about the iPhone? I freely admit to being a bit of an Android fanboy, yet I believe I can provide honest feedback and give them thier due when they deserve it (see my comments on the recent OS 4 announcement a few months back). Would you admit that you are an iPhone fanboy?
  7. kaje

A/V Subscriber kaje Let's Go Heat!

I don't go out looking for anything to post unless I need to prove someone wrong or myself right. I was checking TechCrunch (one of my favorite gadget blogs) and found it hilarious that a well known Android lover and Apple hater, was writing an article about how bad the HTC EVO is with a relevant thread currently going to post it in. I'm not sure why you consider that a diss towards Android when the same article recommends people pick up a different Android phone...

And I've never claimed to be anything less than an Apple fanboy.
  8. Chris H.

Staff Chris H. Systems Administrator

Exactly. I don't know why I'd expect you to start caring about facts/reality now.
  9. Poke4Christ

Poke4Christ Cowboy

Ok. I guess you just watch different sites then me. My main site is Engadget, but I check lots of sites.
  10. kaje

I primarily read Engadget, TechCrunch, Gizmodo, Daring Fireball and MacRumors. Sometimes Ars Technica.
  11. okstateguy987

Because Michael Harrington's personal convictions are SO relevant to me. Please, keep me updated on the status of every tech-blogger's current obsessions so I can be careful not to cross your sense of factuality.
  12. okstateguy987

I think I'm going to wait until a device with native Froyo comes out. Moto is trying to get a 2Ghz proc in a phone by the end of the year. Not to mention there's rumors of another Android update due around the same time. That sounds like something to wait for. Hopefully Sprint picks one up.

Looks like I'll have to put up with my crappy att samsung for a little while longer. Dropped calls and texts not sending have become a weekly occurrence. Can't wait to drop them like a filthy rat.
  13. kaje

It isn't his "sense of factuality." It's fact for anyone that has any sense. Simply reading the article you responded to would have allowed you to come to a pretty blatant conclusion that he isn't one rather than making more false assumptions about people.
  14. okstateguy987

I don't care if he actually is one. He sounds like one whether he admits otherwise or not. Instead of writing an emotionally charged article, he could have been a bit more objective in his testing, comparisons, and conclusions, rather than spouting "don't buy this phone because it sucks!" That's something an apple fanboy would do, whether he calls himself one or not. His tone in the article just makes him sounds like he's pissed at Sprint and decided to get "revenge." That's why I wouldn't base any purchase decisions on what he said.

The "fact" that he's not an actual apple fanboy is probably the least relevant part of this discussion. If you're point is "even Android fanboys don't like this phone," it's a weak one at best. Because then it's just one guy. And I've read dozens of other opinions of people who DO love the phone, and aren't even Android fanboys.
  15. kaje

He didn't need to write an objective piece because TechCrunch posted an unbiased official review of it. And no, saying "this phone sucks" isn't what just an Apple fan would do but claiming that is certainly what an oversensationalizing person would do.

If it's so irrelevant then WHY DID YOU BRING IT UP? Every time you post something stupid and someone calls you out on it you want to deem it irrelevant. How about just not saying it in the first place?
  16. okstateguy987

Every time YOU post something stupid (like that article) and I call you out on it, you start changing the subject, then resort to ad hominems. It's your MO. You couldn't argue with anything else I said, so you took what you thought was the easiest point to counter, and got stuck on it. Unfortunately, that is often the least relevant point. IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE whether he's an apple fanboy, an Android fanboy, or a Twinkies fanboy. That's not even relevant to the argument. MY WHOLE POINT was that his take was biased and emotionally charged, and therefore worth nothing.

And the first review was just as subjective. He used it for ONE day, and promptly concluded, in scientific terms, that the battery life "sucked." That's not a helpful review, and it is certainly not "official."
  17. kaje

You don't believe an article so it's stupid. Doesn't make it wrong (which is what makes half of your posts actually stupid). I'm not sure what you think you're calling ME out on and expecting ME to answer to as I didn't write any of the numerous articles and I haven't reviewed an EVO or owned one. So you read from some of your own sources that the battery doesn't suck. Good for you...? What would you expect me to counter? Say your source is wrong and the one from TechCrunch is right? Call your supposed "sources" names and make up assumptions about them not knowing a damn thing about them? I'm not in a position to do that and neither are you despite your efforts. I posted an article from a popular tech blog writer that happens to have a pro-bias towards Android phones who didn't like it (because pro-biases tend to lean towards *gasp* positive opinions) and whether YOU find it relevant or not, many people do and puts it into a different perspective.
  18. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Wrangler

I am waiting 'till I have the new iPhone in my hand to make a decision. I am happy with my 3GS and will keep a hold of it until the iPhone4 is jailbroken. Then we'll really know what it can do.
  19. kaje

Here's an iPhone 4 vs EVO video comparison.

[YOUTUBEHD]waq8jMLT2Ro[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]2GB8YYe0UCU[/YOUTUBEHD]
  20. dds115

A/V Subscriber dds115 Laughable

For me, the video quality isn't a deal breaker. But wow, that iPhone video is impressive.