1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Is it time for a baseball coaching change?

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by Orangerules, May 19, 2012.

?

Is it time for a new baseball coach

Poll closed Jul 18, 2012.
  1. Yes

120 vote(s)
    71.4%
  2. No

48 vote(s)
    28.6%
  1. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

I don't think it was the 08 regional that turned a lot of fans sour by itself. I think it had more to do with the fact we had HUGE expectations (completely fair too) going into the 09 season with Oliver, Lyons, Blandford, Belza, Medchill, Hambly, etc.(McCurry as a freshman too, he was nasty before getting hurt) coming back and finished dead last in the conference, and really shouldn't have even made the NCAA's that season. Of course, came within 1 W of a super regional, but that season was a major disappointment to me and many other Pokes fans. It turns out our best shot to make it to Omaha under Frank's leadership was 07, and we missed that only by 21 runs.

Then came the train wreck of 2010, that team never had a chance. And to be fair, that was mainly scholarship reductions.

2011, fun regular season mostly, beat UT and OU, but had an embarrassing finish. Belmont??? Really???

Then this year. The teams looked about as unprepared as possible for the Cal Poly series (yeah, 25 new faces, yadda yadda yadda). Finally climbed back into the NCAA discussion by killing mediocre and bad competition, only to fall on our faces against an A&M team that we easily should have taken 2 out of 3 from. Now, we're faced with a win or go home situation.

Personally, I think 09 and 10 has had a huge impact on how the average Cowboy fan perceives the baseball program.

2. PC_cowboy33

PC_cowboy33 Orange ruler guy A/V Subscriber

at least one response to being "tired of all the losing" after the 08 44-18 campaign. I found this using my phone, but it indicates the general sentiment I recall during that time period. It did exist. I'm not making it up.

3. PC_cowboy33

I'm ignoring it because it's a stupid furking question.

PlatypusJojo likes this.
  4. CowboyCookie

CowboyCookie Deputy

I have nothing to contribute to this conversation but I voted no.

PlatypusJojo and ksupoke like this.
  5. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

Come on dude, stop it with that stuff. You may disagree with him whole-heartedly, but please stop bringing Traber into this argument. Traber is a lying fatty. I have half a mind to post the dialogue between Traber and me on here. Please people, stop bringing Traber up. He does nothing but lie because he wants Anderson gone so badly. Traber probably wanted his name so he could try to embarrass him on air. Traber asked for my name too, and I'm not dumb enough to give it to him. Traber would just resort to calling him out on air, you know he would. Traber is as classless as they come. Little fatty...

PC_cowboy33 likes this.
  6. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

My honest question to Jim Traber in reference to a thread I made a few weeks back:

How come when that caller asked about alumni activities at OSU you only talked about football? You didn't really say anything about the fact you were invited to an alumni function for baseball. Why is that? Just an honest question.

7. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

Traber's response:

One in 8 years and you're good with that? Just say your real name, since you have so much info. You go to every board and tell lies and call me names. That's sad.

8. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

My response:

Did I say I was good with that? Did I?

Nice deflection, lol, answer the question Jim.

I only called you a liar, and that's because you lied. "I don't know if they do anything" - sound familiar?

You can question Frank Anderson's coaching on air all you want, and that's fine with me. I think a lot of your criticisms of Anderson are very fair. He has to get this thing turned around very soon, or he should be fired. But, it is very unprofessional for you to mislead, paint an inaccurate picture, or lie about things on air regarding the current coaching staff at OSU.

The caller on Monday who asked you if OSU does any kind of alumni activities for former football and baseball players, you remember that call? Why didn't you tell him that you were invited??? Heck, I don't even care if you rip OSU for inviting you "late" as you say. That's fine with me. But, why did you intentionally mislead him and all of your listeners??? Answer the question Jim.

Here, I'll make it simple for you. There are 2 questions involved here:

1. Did I say "I am good with 1 in 8 years?"

2. Why did you answer the Monday caller by saying, "I don't know if they do anything" when regarding the baseball alumni event(s).

Also, a few weeks ago, I heard you refer to OSU baseball coaches by saying this statement word for word, "I think Holliday did an ok job. I think that Anderson has done very little." Holliday missed the NCAA Tournament 3 out of his last 4 years (with a full allotment of scholarships). 1 in 4, are you good with that???

9. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

Traber's response:

(nothing)

10. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

A week later, my question:

Why can't you just answer those questions? Your silence just makes you look guilty, which of course, you are.

11. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

Traber's response:

I'm done with you, grow some balls and give your real name.

12. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

My response:

You're only saying that because you can't answer the question, can you? Seriously, grow some balls and answer the questions.

13. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

Traber's response:

(nothing)

14. PC_cowboy33

And lifechurch puts the man in front of children...wow

PlatypusJojo likes this.
  15. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

Note that Traber never actually denied what he did. Maybe he does have some truthfulness in him after all.

16. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

Does he eat them?

17. orangepower317

orangepower317 Sheriff

Moral of the story, Traber will lie in order to back up his opinions. So please, stop bringing up his opinion, it doesn't matter. Bash the baseball coaches all you want, but please stop acting like Traber knows anything at all. I think it's funny how he talks about the Thunder as if he's an NBA expert now...

18. Orangerules

Orangerules Sheriff

Saw Traber standing outside the right field gate at the Brick just now. I told him you were a big fan and said hi for you. :)

19. Carneyman14

Carneyman14 Amazing golf ball whacker guy A/V Subscriber

Where he belongs...

pokefun, PC_cowboy33 and jobob85 like this.
  20. poke44osu

poke44osu Cowboy

CowboyKBA likes this.