Jahmyl Jeter enters the transfer portal

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 23, 2009
New York
wow this one hurts, our running game has been a disaster after Chuba and I thought Jeter had a good chance to play a meaningful role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 27, 2007
Tulsa
wow this one hurts, our running game has been a disaster after Chuba and I thought Jeter had a good chance to play a meaningful role

I’ve heard amazing things about Glass. Can’t say I’d be shocked If he was #2 next year behind Chuba with LD being a situational back. I think Jeter is in a situation where he will be competing to be the #2 back in 2 years assuming Chuba goes pro after next season.

Josephus33

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa
I’ve heard amazing things about Glass. Can’t say I’d be shocked If he was #2 next year behind Chuba with LD being a situational back. I think Jeter is in a situation where he will be competing to be the #2 back in 2 years assuming Chuba goes pro after next season.
We have to assume the battle will be for starter next year. Seriously doubt Chuba stays after this season. He’s the 1st or 2nd back taken.

Jun 23, 2009
New York
First off Chuba is probably gone, he will be eligible for the draft after the season and Gundy is running him into the ground so I expect him to leave while his stock is as high as its going to get. As far as Glass goes my expectations were high as were his. He stated he was coming to OSU and was going to win the Heisman Trophy as a true freshman......then he came to OSU fat and out of shape and is a complete non factor, especially when we could use him with LD not being very good this year. We have a big problem at running back next year and going forward

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
First off Chuba is probably gone, he will be eligible for the draft after the season and Gundy is running him into the ground so I expect him to leave while his stock is as high as its going to get. As far as Glass goes my expectations were high as were his. He stated he was coming to OSU and was going to win the Heisman Trophy as a true freshman......then he came to OSU fat and out of shape and is a complete non factor, especially when we could use him with LD not being very good this year. We have a big problem at running back next year and going forward
You really don't know squat do you? Seriously, I really hate when folks come on here with negative talk and act like they know what they are talking about and yet don't really have a clue...None of us know what the future holds...none of us knows if Chuba makes it through the year OR if he goes pro or comes back for next year, we also have no clue what may be coming down the line.. Bottom line, we have to watch it play out, and IMHO it's a disservice to everyone in the program to act like things are a foredrawn conclusion..

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
don’t worry about him he’s just a troll
this was a CH, not a JJ response. thanks

I'm on and off if he goes, Has many pluses, but the Dude has no sense of blocking for his QB in the pocket. His lack of, and I Know this seems not real - toughness - in pocket blocking is really bad. As most Cowboys we hope to heck he comes back next year but gets a pass if not

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC
I'm on and off if he goes, Has many pluses, but the Dude has no sense of blocking for his QB in the pocket. His lack of, and I Know this seems not real - toughness - in pocket blocking is really bad. As most Cowboys we hope to heck he comes back next year but gets a pass if not
don't know how I got into Tommy's reply........I am over 50.....
Mine: this was a CH, not a JJ response. thanks

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
You really don't know squat do you? Seriously, I really hate when folks come on here with negative talk and act like they know what they are talking about and yet don't really have a clue...None of us know what the future holds...none of us knows if Chuba makes it through the year OR if he goes pro or comes back for next year, we also have no clue what may be coming down the line.. Bottom line, we have to watch it play out, and IMHO it's a disservice to everyone in the program to act like things are a foredrawn conclusion..
Oh, come on, Rack. Everybody thinks that he is gone. I would love it if he and Wallace both came back but they have nothing to prove. Chuba is a good enough runner that the pros will overlook his lack of blocking skill. That can be explained as being due to poor coaching. Some pro team would take him and assume they could teach him that skill. He is blowing Justice Hill’s numbers out of the water and he went pro.

Nov 25, 2009
Kedah Malaysia
don't know how I got into Tommy's reply........I am over 50.....
Mine: this was a CH, not a JJ response. thanks

For those over 50......JJ is for Jimmy Johnson and PJ is for Pat Jones.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Oh, come on, Rack. Everybody thinks that he is gone. I would love it if he and Wallace both came back but they have nothing to prove. Chuba is a good enough runner that the pros will overlook his lack of blocking skill. That can be explained as being due to poor coaching. Some pro team would take him and assume they could teach him that skill. He is blowing Justice Hill’s numbers out of the water and he went pro.
I sincerely hope the young man is able to make the money he deserves, but that doesn't mean I know what's going to happen. Just that simple...don't like it when people jump the gun on this stuff...we aren't even half way through the season for cryin out loud.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Yeah, I'm a troll with 19K plus messages on this site:D:lol:...I'm not trying to rile anyone up, just stating an opinion just like you are...btw, it's just an opinion, not fact until it's confirmed and in the past. The thing that set me off in your post is that you said "Gundy is running him the ground" and "he's gone after this season" neither of these things are factual at this point in time...both are just negative opinions stated as facts. Then you went on to continue to make negative statements about two other student athletes...both college kids...That is exactly what I meant by "I hate these types of post."

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2009
New York

Yeah, I'm a troll with 19K plus messages on this site:D:lol:...I'm not trying to rile anyone up, just stating an opinion just like you are...btw, it's just an opinion, not fact until it's confirmed and in the past.
I know you’re not very smart so I’ll point out the words “probably’ and ‘expect’ from my post which shows it wasn’t said as a fact.