Men's Basketball Jeff Newberry-#1 Juco PG has committed to OSU

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 21, 2008
According to Jeff Goodman with ESPN. We are a top 3 listed first with UCONN and Texas Tech??? Interesting mix of teams.....anyone have any info or seen this on twitter?

Nov 21, 2008
you beat me to it. He has had an interesting list of suitors. He dropped memphis a week or two ago. He says hes received offers from Kansas and Louisville in the last month. I've read hes more of a true point guard.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Why would we use a true point guard that stands at 5'10" at the 2? He is better suited at the 1 in every way.

He'll back up Smart and then in instances where Smart is still needed on the floor but needs a rest, Clark will take the PG responsibilities while Smart benefits from using screens to get open.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Why would we use a true point guard that stands at 5'10" at the 2? He is better suited at the 1 in every way.

He'll back up Smart and then in instances where Smart is still needed on the floor but needs a rest, Clark will take the PG responsibilities while Smart benefits from using screens to get open.
Clark is a better 3 point shooter. Smart is the better passer and driver. Smart should stay at PG and Clark should play the 2.

OSUndefeated

Federal Marshal
Apr 25, 2011

Clark is a much better shooter.

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Clark is a better 3 point shooter. Smart is the better passer and driver. Smart should stay at PG and Clark should play the 2.
Clark may be a better shooter but going against two's in college? Not sure.

Also, Clark is a great drive-and-scorer. He also can handle the ball extremely well. He is suited for the one.
Clark is a much better shooter.
Again, in high school against other one's, yes. But in college against two guards? I'm not so sure.

OSUndefeated

Federal Marshal
Apr 25, 2011
A good shooter is a good shooter. Smart has never been one. Clark offers a sharp-shooting 2 that Smart can work off of. Forte has been underwhelming there, Clark will offer more versatility and hopefully consistency.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Clark may be a better shooter but going against two's in college? Not sure.

Also, Clark is a great drive-and-scorer. He also can handle the ball extremely well. He is suited for the one.

Again, in high school against other one's, yes. But in college against two guards? I'm not so sure.
Nothing you listed here backs up the claim that Steve is a true point. Smart is more of a true point than Clark. Stevie is a combo guard.

I'll take the pass first point over the score first point. It's feast or famine with them, sometimes in the same game.

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
A good shooter is a good shooter. Smart has never been one. Clark offers a sharp-shooting 2 that Smart can work off of. Forte has been underwhelming there, Clark will offer more versatility and hopefully consistency.
Forte has been underwhelming? Seriously? He's played one single year. As a freshman I'd say he had a pretty good year coming off the bench.

Clark's size would hurt him at the two just as it did for Keiton Page.

Clark is a true point guard. He handles the ball well and drives the offense. Smart will be gone after this year so it would be best for Clark to get as much experience as possible running the point.