1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by OrangeAggie, Feb 8, 2012.

1. OrangeAggie

A/V Subscriber OrangeAggie Forgive me if I don't shake hands.

Haha, I love it! :lol:

Hater's gonna hate I suppose.
  2. HeartLike_JohnStarks

HeartLike_JohnStarks Cowboy

Apparently they're reporting that he's been walking around with a slight limp around walkaround/practice this morning.
    Not surprised considering the amount of time he has played and all that running and bumping in the lane.
  3. jobob85

A/V Subscriber jobob85 Cowboy

At 23 I hope his limp is from tweaking his ankle or knee. If it is from playing 5 games of basketball he is not in as good a shape as he appears.
  4. OrangeFan69

A/V Subscriber OrangeFan69 LA face with an Okla. booty

Lives in cities you'll never see on screen
    Jeremy Lin has finally made Madison Square Garden hot again...not since John Starks was there.
  5. JoeHero

A/V Subscriber JoeHero King of the Andals and the First Men

Well if you're gonna make an "in yo face!" post it's probably best to do it when he doesn't miss sixteen shots and throw away another six. Just sayin
  6. jobob85

8-24 is bad but not horrible. 8 assists to 6 turn overs isn't horrible. Backed up by 6 rebound and 3 steals. If this is his bad game he is going to be a great player.
    OrangeFan69 likes this.
  7. JoeHero

No it's not bad, but it sure as hell ain't "Nanana boo-boo!" good.
  8. PokeVille

A/V Subscriber PokeVille .

He's essentially been riding the pine since March of 2010. He went from getting 0 mins a game to playing 39+ in 5 games over a 7 day period. There is no way his muscles are prepared for that kind activity. The odds that he has or is going to tweak, pull, strain something are extremely high IMO.
  9. jobob85

I would assume he goes hard in practice, plays in summer league and is in great shape otherwise. Either way I would assume he is going to be fine.
  10. PokeVille

I agree and I'm sure he is in good shape. I'm not sure there was a Summer League this year due to lockout and they only played a few Pre-Season games. I'm sure in a few weeks he will have adjusted but it doesn't surprise me he's limping around and appeared so exhausted last night. I agree it's likely nothing serious, just some aches and pains.
    jobob85 likes this.
  11. HeartLike_JohnStarks

PokeVille did a pretty good job of explaining for this.
    Also, he also tweaked his ankle against the Lakers and also against the T'Wolves (where he was running up and down with a noticeable limp at one point in the game)
  12. JoeHero

Here's some different perspectives on the LINsanity and whether or not it can last. It's a LINteresting read.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/5-on-5-120212/nba-how-long-linsanity-last

I'll be thoroughly impressed if he ends the year with those numbers.
  13. PokeVille

Tonight should be interesting. Looks like Amare will be back. At this point teams have some quality film on him to look at and should have a solid game plan for him.
  14. HeartLike_JohnStarks

If they play Chandler off the bench and leave Amare in for offense, then I'd imagine things can only get better. Amare played with Nash under D'Antoni under the same system and that's where he flourished the most. He's won't be the problem. Amare has always been a good teammate too and he will love having more opportunities off the PnR like in Phoenix under 'Toni. The potentially biggest problem will be how Melo will fit in amonst Lin and Amare.

Also, his weaknesses definitely seem still be his jumpshot, but you have to force him to the left side, because most of his shots have been at the right elbow and right side in general. He also an average left hand dribbling proficiency and weak finishing to his left.
    ....however this might be his biggest weakness
  15. HeartLike_JohnStarks

Cold-blooded....
    PokeVille likes this.
  16. OrangeAggie

A/V Subscriber OrangeAggie Forgive me if I don't shake hands.

27 points, 11 assists and hit the game winning shot. Curious to hear your negative spin on this Nancy.
  17. PokeVille

He's got to cut down on turnovers. Had 8 tonight. Although, I think 6 of those were in the first half.
  18. cowboycurt

cowboycurt Wrangler

This is like even wayyy better than Tebow.

Man, sports are amazing because of things like this
  19. HeartLike_JohnStarks

No doubt. There are times where he tries to be TOO aggressive and try to split double teams without adequate spacing and dribbling into tight spaces. But some of these TOs are a byproduct of his aggressive style , which is a big part of who he is and what has also contributed to his and the Knicks' success; so all in all I think the Knicks don't mind them at all. What he really needs to work on still is avoiding making the flashy type of pass , like threading a bounce pass to Chandler on the run.

Also, like you said, this he has been playing superstar (don't get twist my words here JoeHero) minutes after riding the pine and playing scrub minutes. And also playing a PG in D'Antoni's system also factors in a lot (Nash had around 4 TO's/game his MVP year too) (again, don't twist my words JoeHero- just yet)
  20. HeartLike_JohnStarks

I actually have a legit excuse to be a Knicks fan now, along with the fact that I have always loved Walt Frazier as a color commentator (wheeling and dealing, slicing and dicing, devasting the defense!) for a long time now. And like Orangefan69 said, seeing the Garden in a frenzy like that sure is amazing. The Linsanity has made the Knicks like a college team- great chemistry and a good bunch of guys all playing unselfishly and together. They're definitely very fun to watch and easy to root for now