1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Jeremy Lin

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by OrangeAggie, Feb 8, 2012.

1. HeartLike_JohnStarks

HeartLike_JohnStarks Territorial Marshal

2. PokeVille

PokeVille . A/V Subscriber

Down goes Frazier!

p33man likes this.
  3. HeartLike_JohnStarks

Lets see how Sportscenter spins this lol.
    Are you allowed to use puns when they lose too ?

Btw, he had a reaaaallllly bad 1st half. Tried to do too much and making some silly passes. His teammates made even more stupid mistakes to compound it. Bad defense most of the game as usual with Amare in . Typical D'Antoni team at their worst.

He needs to learn how to tone down his aggressiveness. There are moments where he flashes great PG skills and vision (like a wrap around pass behind his head to Amare that was very Nash-esque) , and then there are moments where he goes D-League and just try to do too much.

4. HeartLike_JohnStarks

Lin just got Tebow'd :)

5. PokeVille

He's Terrible! Bench Him! Send Him to the D-League!

6. tuttlecwby59

tuttlecwby59 Cowboy

Dont think I have caught Linsanity yet. But something struck me tonight. He said "If you say I was the reason we won all these games, then tonights loss is on me." (paraphrasing) I dont know why but I liked it.

7. PokeVille

That's nice to hear every now and then isn't it? I actually believe him when he says it so that makes it even better. When they were winning he would say after every game that basketball is a team sport and it takes all 5. He would give all of the credit to his teammates. Seems to be an interesting guy.

8. McKeen the Cowpoke

McKeen the Cowpoke Cowboy

Yikes.
    http://cnnsi.com/2012/basketball/nb...apology.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a11&eref=sihp
    NEW YORK (AP) -- ESPN has apologized for using a racial slur in a headline for a story on Knicks sensationJeremy Lin.
    ESPN ran the headline "Chink in the Armor" after Lin had nine turnovers in New York's loss to the New Orleans Hornets on Friday night on its mobile website that could be seen on phones and tablet computers.
    Lin is the NBA's first American-born player of Chinese or Taiwanese descent. He has captivated sports fans with unexpected dominance on the court that sparked a seven-game winning streak.
    ESPN says in a statement Saturday it removed the headline 35 minutes after it was posted. The cable network says it is "conducting a complete review of our cross-platform editorial procedures and are determining appropriate disciplinary action to ensure this does not happen again. We regret and apologize for this mistake."

9. HeartLike_JohnStarks

....must.....resist....Tebow....comparison...

10. PokeVille

Of course, in Tebow's case it actually is his teammates that deserve all the credit...

11. HeartLike_JohnStarks

I know, but in terms of legit humility and genuine expression of his faith, he's the real deal like Tebow- in that sense.

12. PokeVille

I do agree with you but something about Tebow doing it drives me crazy almost like he's saying it because he knows it's what he should say. I always feel like he's trying to put out this certain image of himself. I know it's all perception and none of that's probably true. So weird that 2 guys can do the same thing and I can arrive at completely different opinions of them.

13. HeartLike_JohnStarks

Well, for one thing, Lin attests and gives glory to God because he felt compelled to because all of what has happened to him and how fortunate he is (6'3 guy coming from 5'7 parents, even getting to the NBA after not getting any D1 offers and undrafted, etc, etc). Plus, he doesn't express his faith explicitly at awkward times (aka Tebowing), just simply giving praise when people like to give him credit.

I understand where you're coming from also. I used to be bothered a bit by Tebow's expression of faith , especially with the Tebowing thing. But then the more I see him and listen to second hand testimonies, I finally accepted that it is all genuine. With Lin, he doesn't put his faith out there in such seriousness, but rather he has "fun" with it, like the Bible-reading-nerdy-handshake thing with Landry Fields.
    He also wore an diamond stud earring and said "ass" on live tv. Tebow would never do those things. ;)

bleedinorange likes this.
  14. kaje

kaje Let's Go Heat! A/V Subscriber

8 points. 6 from the line. 1-11 shooting. No fairytale tonight against the bad guys!

*Darth Vader theme*

CrabStuffedFish likes this.
  15. JoeHero

JoeHero King of the Andals and the First Men A/V Subscriber

16. kaje

kaje Let's Go Heat! A/V Subscriber

17. HeartLike_JohnStarks

Why is this still in the Thunder section?

18. JoeHero

JoeHero King of the Andals and the First Men A/V Subscriber

19. FalcosHere

FalcosHere Banned Banned

20. HeartLike_JohnStarks

Melo and Amare is straight up horrendous on defense, especially Amare.
    I don't think Melo is necessarily selfish like people make him out to be, but he certainly has a big ego and is lazy