Joe Randle is Getting Ready For The Next Game!!!

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 16, 2008
I really don't want to talk about the past....it is past. But here is one example of how our players are preparing:

"Randle update: Following the Tuesday practice, after his teammates had left the field, Cowboy running back Joseph Randle remained on the Boone Pickens Stadium turf. He was working on ball-security drills. In each of OSU's last two games, he lost two fumbles.

"Joe takes things personal," Gundy said. "The last (two) games, he has put the ball on the ground. Uncharacteristic. He needs to look in the mirror, take responsibility for what's going on and fix it. Joe understands that."

Read more from this Tulsa World article at http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...icleid=20111123_93_B6_bMonke847388&rss_lnk=93

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
I am glad he is working on this, even if one of his two fumbles was caused by a helmet straight to a football, which is nearly impossible to stop.

Aug 29, 2006
Tulsa, OK
I don't know what the coachs teach but if you are the only guy and surrounded by multiple players from the other team, just get to the ground. Stuggling for extra yards gives them an opportunity to strip the ball.

Noven

'Neer Deez Nutz
Sep 27, 2010
The whole team needs to work on high-and-tight. It finally cost us a game this season...

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Tatum Bell had fumblitis. A young Kendall Hunter performed well and kept the starting job after Bell was injured, IIRC. Bell worked on the fumbles and returned to fill-in service and turned into a reliable quality ball carrier.
Bell and Hunter weren't here at the same time. Bell left in '03 and Hunter arrived as a freshman in '07.

naranjaynegro

Territorial Marshal
Oct 20, 2003
Houston area
Visit site
I don't know what the coachs teach but if you are the only guy and surrounded by multiple players from the other team, just get to the ground. Stuggling for extra yards gives them an opportunity to strip the ball.
It's not like Joe isn't subjected to "rip & strip" when practicing against our defense. He knows how to protect the ball, he just has to do it.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
But remember when he was struggling for extra yards vs ISU we were not winning that game. He gambled and lost.

Philranger

Territorial Marshal
Oct 6, 2010
Owasso
Tatum Bell had fumblitis. A young Kendall Hunter performed well and kept the starting job after Bell was injured, IIRC. Bell worked on the fumbles and returned to fill-in service and turned into a reliable quality ball carrier.
I believe that would be Keith Toston that had a case of the fumbles giving Hunter the starting job.

Feb 28, 2007
Edmond
I have faith in Joseph. It's one thing to fumble in a game like Tech when the win is not in doubt than to do it in a game that directly leads to a loss. He strikes me as the kind of guy that will work hard to not let his band of brothers down again.

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
Could he have an unknown shoulder or arm injury that is causing a loss of strength on holding onto the ball?

I have wondered about this in the past with RB's and fumbling. A rotator-cuff injury can do some funky stuff to the whole arm. It seems like something could happen over a season during blocking or just taking hits. The two weeks of rest with conditioning/drills should help a lot if there is a minor underlying injury.

PokeLady211

Territorial Marshal
Sep 2, 2009
Edmond
Crazy thing was on that first Fumble in the ISU game..he had good security I thought. Both hands on ball, wrapped up, but that ISU helmet hit it just right.

I_Miss_Ivan_McFarlin

Escapee from the PC nuthouse
Mar 16, 2011
OKC
I'm not going to speculate on why he has fumbled or what he is doing to correct it, but if I had to pick on person who would be the most sure-handed on Dec 3rd, I would choose Randle. No doubt in my mind he is workingt o correct it.

Also, those stick um pictures made me cringe. He has all sorts of stuff stuck to him and it probably took 45 minutes to wash all that crap off. Makes my OCD flare up.