1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Just a thought on 06 FB record

Discussion in 'Bedlam & Flame' started by KCPowercat, Jul 11, 2007.

1. RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber RxCowboy Has no Rx for his orange obsession.

There are lies, damn lies, and statistics. Once the game starts Sagarin's guess isn't any better than anyone else's.

Where's KCPurplepussy been? When this was on the main board he didn't let a post go unanswered. My guess is he's under the computer desk crying like a school girl.
  2. KCPowercat

Banned KCPowercat Banned

I just got back into town. I was at a wedding all weekend. My wife was the maid of honor so I had to tag along. I think it is insane to say Bama would have had a better record if they played Rutgers schedule. They may have had a better than 6-6 record but not better than 10-2 record that Rutgers had. Could they have won the Cincy game? Maybe but they did loose to Mississippi. That also assumes that they would have beaten Louisville or WVU. Both teams were ranked and Bama lost to every ranked team they played last year.
  3. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

You need to get a life loser...it's obvious that you're obsessed with our board, posting at 6am in the morning. Pathetic...
  4. RxCowboy

Yet another strawman argument. No one has EVER said that Bama would've been better than 10-2. Moron.

Sure, why not.

And Rutgers lost to every ranked team they played on the road. Which means, following your logic, that they would've lost to Arkansas, Florida, LSU, and Tennessee. All the sudden Rutgers' record is much closer to 6-6, isn't it? Throw in the one bad loss each team had (Ole Miss, Cincy), and you're looking at 5 losses for Rutgers during the regular season.
  5. KCPowercat

Banned KCPowercat Banned

We'll I have a 10 month old daughter and she does not sleep in. I also teach some math classes in the summer. I teach 5 hours of classes a week. My first class is at 7am. Any other questions about my daily schedule?
  6. Pokes28

Staff A/V Subscriber Pokes28 Moderator

And considering the timing of the losses, it is very possible that the mind set of the entire team would have been much different. I've played on teams that couldn't lose and I've played on teams that every win was a fight. There is a much different mentality even if they are the same players.

And for the 3rd or 4th time, KC, why is it important to you that we think that Rutgers was superior to Bama? I will add on another question. Is it better to get crushed by a team (regardless of how good they are) or beat another team (no matter how mediocre?) . I'd rather my team beat some Div 1AAA Catholic school by 90 than lose by 30 to the #1 team in the country. But that just may be me.

David Harrell - Pokes
    dwh
  7. KCPowercat

Banned KCPowercat Banned

Your post on #179 said that if they swapped schedules then Bamas would have been better and Rutgers would have been worse. What did you mean by Bama's would have been better? Better than 6-6 or better than Rutgers 10-2. If you don't think it would have been better than 10-2 then you prove my point, Rutgers was the better team. There is no evidence that proves Bama would have won either game against Louisville or WVU (ranked teams) so I don't think they would have had a 10-2 record and definitly not anything better.
  8. Pokes28

Staff A/V Subscriber Pokes28 Moderator

Is there real evidence that Rutgers would have beaten any of the teams on Bama's schedule? Stats and ratings are anecdotal.

David Harrell - Pokes
    dwh
  9. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

You need to spend more time with your kid and teach more. Nothing has changed except you have shown an irrational need to be right. Get a freakin life internet loser...
  10. RxCowboy

Than 6-6.

Than 10-2.

Except with all the mid-level cupcakes on the schedule Bama very well could have gone 10-2. The only two teams I see on Rutgers' 2006 that I would predict Bama to lose would be Louisville and West Virginia.

The one question you continually dodge is, so what? Why does it matter if Rutgers is better than Bama?
  11. KCPowercat

Banned KCPowercat Banned

It is simply a side note to what someone mentioned earlier in this thread. Someone said OSU played in the better bowl game. I said isn't that ironic that you did and yet we had the better opponent. Then the OSU fans said no, Bama was stronger than Rutgers. That's how it all began.
  12. O Face

O Face Cowboy

yeah, dummy, it was me who said we played in the better bowl game. i said that because....well we did play in the better bowl game. better payout, the ind. bowl game was actually on TV, etc.

not that playing in the indy bowl is really anything to brag about. but playing in the houston bowl...i mean the 'texas' bowl...is even less to brag about. yet here you are!

did you play the better opponent? maybe. maybe not. it's really a moot point now. and playing a better opponent doesn't mean you played in a better bowl, so stop trying to convince us of that.

the point is that OSU got chosen over K-State because we had a much more exciting team than K-State did and our fans would travel just as well (if not better) than K-State fans.
  13. RxCowboy

That is true.

They might've been. They definitely played a tougher schedule w/ 5 top 25 teams, four on the road. But we'll never know.

So, you've explained how it began, you still haven't explained why it is so important to you to prove that Rutgers is the better team, or why you're so obsessed with another team's fan site. That latter one is the real question. My guess is that you are so incredibly insecure that you simply cannot leave unless you have approval of some kind from the other team's fans. That's going to leave you pretty frustrated and angry. But you can always take it out on your wife or children.
  14. KCPowercat

Banned KCPowercat Banned

I know you guys got the better bowl game. That's why I said it's ironic that we played the better team. That was what I originally posted then OSU posters said no, KSU did not have the better opponent. I think KSU fans travel very well to bowl games. Couple of years ago the cotton bowl said KSU saved that bowl game when they lost their major sponsor. The Fiesta bowl had a cool quote about KSU fans. Something to the effect of the "the Purple haze on the horizon is the caravan of KSU fans. Its KSU fans traveling and they are coming by the thousands. "
  15. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

Pitiful...your wife and child have my sympathy...apparently our acessment of you is right on the money. This IS your life...pitiful...
  16. KCPowercat

Banned KCPowercat Banned

That's cute. Jokes about beating my wife and kids. That is super classy and you should really be proud of yourself. Seriously, you should take a few minutes today and pat yourself on the back for that one. While we are at it do you want to throw out any racist jokes or take a shot at some dead baby laughers? The floor is all yours funny guy.
  17. KCPowercat

Banned KCPowercat Banned

Correct me if I am wrong but are not on here as often as I am if not more so? I will pass along your sympathy to my wife and child.
  18. OKCPoke

OKCPoke Cowboy

No, wrong again...I'm not on here nearly as often as you are and it's my board. Apparently we've found another that's addicted to Orangepower and being "right"...pitiful...
  19. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

To attack the science of statistics is like attacking the science of medicine. Unless you believe that since you studied medicine that makes your discipline better than the rest of us?

And it is not a guess. It is based on sound discipline and it is better than your guess. If you believe the outcome of previous games have no bearing on the outcome of future games (a guess)? Which would mean that the game is nothing more than a game of chance. Which if I recall from earlier discussions about sports would mean that football is not a sport to you but rather a game of chance, sort of like poker? Just a bunch of people running around like fools in a game of chance?
  20. Cimarron

Cimarron It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.

This needs to be cleaned up folks! Calling out someone's family and name calling, come on now!