1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Just curious

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by ksupoke, Feb 18, 2011.

1. ksupoke

A/V Subscriber ksupoke I've never studied a HS recruits tape

Not being at all familiar with how this site is administered did the RA: Monken can learn thread get deleted? If so (so I know what not to do) can anyone tell me why?
    Thanks,
  2. PpeteFtSmth

PpeteFtSmth Cowboy

The administrators love to exercise their power and look for anything and everything they can to delete a post or penalize a poster. I was penalized a point (whatever that means) for mentioning a certain female newswriter's freckles in an exposed area (in a clean way). Go figure????:confused:
  3. ksupoke

A/V Subscriber ksupoke I've never studied a HS recruits tape

Now I'm really confused, not angry just confused. This was moved and I still don't know if I caused the problem on either the RA Monken can learn thread or if my just curious question caused an issue. I am really trying to learn the rules.
    Thanks
  4. Rob B.

A/V Subscriber Rob B. Twizzard of Oz

You must refrain from stating your opinion about opinions. It wasn't you ksupoke! My apologies for stating my opinion.
  5. OP 9000

Staff A/V Subscriber OP 9000 Administrator

That thread (among others) had resulted in several temp bans over the weekend for not heeding warnings about personal insults.

Despite this, a few have decided to continue.

I should perm ban them for ignoring our wishes entirely, but this is my last ditch effort to hopefully get it to cease.

Nothing you've posted has broken any rules.
  6. Rob B.

Since you didn't respond to my reply, please explain how stating that my opinion of certain tactics is cowardly, is any more of a personal insult than repeatedly bashing a coach and his decision/hiring practices. Are those not opinions too?
  7. stonewallpoke

A/V Subscriber stonewallpoke Demon Brigade

I would like to say in the most non-bitter non-accusatory way possible that it seems like some statements towards previously mentioned posters have been regarded as personal attacks when they seem like merely a disagreement. Everyone on this site is entitled to their opinion as long as it's not suffixed with "...you [expletive] jerk", but sometimes it seems like the other side is going at it with as much gusto as anyone disagreeing.

Since we all know I'm referring to bluecollahero, let's just get that out in the open. For my part, I overstepped my bounds earlier and was justly banned; I'm not here to argue that point. But some threads have featured him stating his viewpoint, having someone swoop in to disagree, and having a mod come in to police their posts if they even approach something more than "I'm sorry, dear sir, but I respestively disagree...".

I agree that telling someone their existence must be pathetic if they believe a certain creed is pushing it. But telling someone that they are looking for ways to fault either the AD or Coach Gundy isn't necessarily a personal attack, especially if they can point out statements that support their theory. If someone needs to find a way to point that out in a less aggressive way and that's the problem, I get that.

Also, I found it odd that because 1/3 or so of people in a poll agreed with BCH that he was within his rights to post his opinion without rebuttal. Because some of those posts were mere rebuttals IIRC. What of the other 2/3s that disagreed? Both sides deserve a fair shake, and for every thread he starts and people follow him into, there are positive threads that he shows up in. I'm not upset or complaining about any of this, I just thought it was worth saying to get anyone else's or the moderators' point of view on.
  8. OP 9000

Staff A/V Subscriber OP 9000 Administrator

Bottom line:

I want the fighting and name calling to stop. We're on week 2 of this.

Pepe will be dealt with. He's not innocent either.

But you called him a coward, after we've warned, and warned, and asked politely, and banned, and warned again. And it's the third such post after coming back from your ban that's had to be deleted as a veiled insult to draw a reaction.

I appreciate Stonewall doing exactly what we asked him to do, and that's ignore those guys completely.

If they want to dig their own graves, let them, don't put yourself in the same hole.
  9. stonewallpoke

A/V Subscriber stonewallpoke Demon Brigade

To be fair, I haven't ignored BCH completely, but I haven't instigated with him either. The general rule of thumb with BCH is that if you don't lob an insult his way, he won't lob one yours. That's at least my experience.

Don't get me wrong: I'll debate with him for pages if that's what it takes. But debate does not encompass petty name calling.
  10. Aviation09

Aviation09 Cowboy

It's obnoxious, just like the fact you're still complaining about it.
  11. Rob B.

Almost as obnoxious as you replying for someone else, after they had already replied. Nice work.:rolleyes: