1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Just Heard

Discussion in 'OSU Sports Forum' started by MUCO-13, Oct 4, 2011.

1. MUCO-13

MUCO-13 Wrangler

Someone who is in the know just told me that he expects the BOC to vote unanimously in favor of giving Deaton power to act on behalf of the University. Apparently there were two curators that were opposed to looking elsewhere (both had KC ties and didn't want to leave KU and K-State), but apparently they are coming around. This could be a last ditch effort to show Texas we mean business, but as things move forward it is looking more and more that the SEC is a legitimate possibility.

Just wanted to pass that along for those that are interested in all of this
  2. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

That's okay, we will replace you at 3 or 4 PM since BYU is rumored to be making an announcement about making a move to the Big 12.
    ModernPatriot likes this.
  3. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

That said, I have said it before.

If there is not a school that doesn't want to be in this conference, then they need to just leave and quite trying to intimidate or bluff their way through all this.

If Missouri does leave...better luck to them. They go to the SEC, they will be no better than Vanderbilt!
  4. NJAggie

NJAggie Deputy

Well MUCO this could be a new beginning for you guys. Best wishes, and however it goes, I hope you guys get to make the decisions and not have them made for you.
  5. stonewallpoke

A/V Subscriber stonewallpoke Demon Brigade

I repeat: baloney.
  6. El Gato Bandito

A/V Subscriber El Gato Bandito Ballin' on a Budget

I would prefer Mizzou stick around because I think they are a good school and it makes our conference better, but yeah if they are going to continue to look around and wait for invites, might as well get out now while you can.
  7. MUCO-13

MUCO-13 Wrangler

Stonewall,

Your thoughts have been my thoughts all along until this morning. I could still be wrong but this is the first time I have ever thought that this is a very real possibility.
  8. stonewallpoke

A/V Subscriber stonewallpoke Demon Brigade

Eh, I don't see this as anything more than a scare tactic. The SEC would have to want Missouri first, and I don't really think they do.
  9. MUCO-13

MUCO-13 Wrangler

Cmon man. I know we aren't going to set the world on fire but you gotta at least give us credit for being better than Vandy.
    steross likes this.
  10. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

Okay, more like Tennessee each year!

Better?

Im sorry, I may blame Texas' arrogance for this mess that started last year...but it is Missouri that leaked they were wanting out first.

Either get out or STFU and enjoy the ride...because without OU, OSU, KU, KSU, ISU, etc...you all would not be where you are today!
    PokealypseNow likes this.
  11. MUCO-13

MUCO-13 Wrangler

Everything you said was fair. I'm not one of the Mizzou ppl beating the SEC drum. I personally just want stability. If theproposed revenue sharing was for more than six years I wouldn't necessarily have a problem staying. Us almost getting left out last year was startling and I just want to be set in a stable conference.
  12. Celldweller7

A/V Subscriber Celldweller7 Deputy

I don't believe it till I see it, but I do think the SEC wouldn't mind Missouri. I think it is their best option. I really don't think the SEC thought going to 14 would be this difficult.
  13. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

I want stability as well. But with Missouri always talking about leaving or threatening to leave is not stability. That creates instability and a "Peter cried wolf" type of situation.

If Missouri doesn't leave this time, when they threaten next time, then what?

In fact, had Missouri kept their pieholes shut and just let CU and UNL leave without saying a word, they may have a bigger leg to stand on right now.

OU stayed quiet last year, so did all the other teams outside of UT and UM.

Also, the 6 year deal is in place because that is when our Tier 1 revenue contract with ESPN/ABC ends and the Big 12 gets to negotiate a new contract.
  14. Ball

Ball Cowboy

Clearly this is not true until someone proclaims it a "done deal".
  15. IrishCowboy

IrishCowboy Cowboy

Deal Done!!!

Dammit, I knew I would mess that up.

Punt.
    OSU79, 65POKE, OrangeBosco and 2 others like this.
  16. MUCO-13

MUCO-13 Wrangler

Okay this has always gotten on my nerves a little bit. The Missouri Administration never said anything. It was the governor, who in this situation is nothing more than a fan running his mouth. That is what started all of this. Nothing from the administration. Deaton never said anything about that one way or another.
  17. CrazySooner

CrazySooner Cowboy

That may be true...but you do realize that the Governor of the state is the ultimate leader of the University, right?

He/She saying something like that is just like the University saying they are interested.

Anyway....ti doesnt matter at this point who said it. There is a perception among the fellow schools and the public that Missouri was looking for other places to live.
  18. Old Indian 75

Old Indian 75 Cowboy

Where else but here can you have a Mizzou fan and a UO fan arguing about who's right or wrong. This is truly a great and fair forum.
  19. NJAggie

NJAggie Deputy

Actually if you want to put ultimate blame it's Delaney at the B1G and the AD at ND that started all this. The B1G tried to bluff ND, and the ND AD called it by telling everything to the press. So suddenly you had the ND AD saying the B1G was planning on adding MU, RU, and 5 other teams to get to 16, so ND better move then or be left out. No one in Missouri suddenly announced they wanted to leave for no reason. And, I'd bet Delaney had been snooping around so that the ND AD knew it was going on, not just talk. Yes Missouri's Governor wound up looking foolish, but he was goaded into it.
    DatTallGuy and MUCO-13 like this.
  20. OSUndefeated

OSUndefeated Wrangler

I'll believe it when I see it. "Inside Sources" have been wrong before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk