1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Football JW Walsh and recruiting

Discussion in 'Recruiting' started by D-Lee11, Jul 13, 2012.

1. D-Lee11

D-Lee11 Wrangler

2. 65POKE

65POKE Deputy

Quality always comes to the top. He could have done an aggy and taken his toys elsewhere. Instead he decided to compete, and that shows his character. You never know in life when it looks hopeless, and all of a sudden it is a completely different situation for you, or you can work to change it yourself. He is a cowboy in my opinion, through and through, and I am glad that he is.

W2B86 likes this.
  3. Beergut

Beergut Greenhorn

The only problem with that characterization is that Oklahoma State would be in the Pac-12 right now if they and Oklahoma hadn't been rejected last Summer. Would you have said the Pokes were "taking their ball and going home" if that had happened?

4. Shackdaddy

Shackdaddy Cowboy

:facepalm:

okstate0303 and OSUBAZZ like this.
  5. State

State Cold Ass Honkey A/V Subscriber

Walsh is a standup guy. I hope that we can get him some quality PT even if he's not QB1.

6. 65POKE

65POKE Deputy

No because at that point the entire conference would have imploded and everyone was leaving. Aggy left, IMO, because they just couldn't compete with ut, felt they were the disadvantaged little brother, and also thought ut was using unfair tactics (ie: LHN). So instead of gutting it up and fighting it, they left. Also if we would of left it was because they, and the 3 others, had all ready started the cookie crumbling.

goPOKES918 likes this.
  7. Beergut

Beergut Greenhorn

If you condensed it down to "they knew texas couldn't be trusted to keep their word and would always be looking to push their own success at the expense of others", your statement would be accurate.

In any case, OU and OU tried to leave AFTER A&M joined the SEC. I don't see how you can criticize A&M for going to the SEC when you were desperately trying to get out of the Big 12, too. It seems to me that the only difference here is that OSU was unable to do what A&M did.

8. osu_cowboy_007

osu_cowboy_007 Territorial Marshal

There is a big difference between what aTm did and what we were trying to do. aTm ran way from its big brother just to get a fresh start and we were trying to get in to a decent conference since you almost killed the conference.

PokealypseNow likes this.
  9. crimsonhater

crimsonhater Wrangler

Nobody likes a&m! they were average the past few years in the Big XII, now they're more or less moving to the top football conference which has produced the past 6 natl championships....you were 4-5 in our 2nd ranked conference with a top 10 draft pick at QB and a couple others drafted. I hope you go winless! happy trails khaki clan

NewMexPoke84 and W2B86 like this.
  10. osucowboy80

osucowboy80 Wrangler

A&M recognized they just couldn't compete with UT on a consistent basis. Moving to the SEC was the best way they could come up with to cope with their inferiority. It would have been the same as OSU bolting to a different conference because we knew we'd never be able to compete effectively with OU year in an year out. Instead we redoubled our efforts to raise our program up to the same level and are seeing it start to pay dividends.

11. 65POKE

65POKE Deputy

Sorry to have derailed this thread about a standup player.

Having said that, I say amen brother on the above 2 posts.

12. pokesinvegas02

pokesinvegas02 Sheriff

I know his dad, John, and was around for a few of the games while he was playing for his dad at Guyer. It all comes from the top. He is a spitting image of his father. Quality family all around.

He has definitely reached out to more players in the metroplex than anyone in recent memory.

13. osu_cowboy_007

osu_cowboy_007 Territorial Marshal

If he cannot beat Wes I'd like to see him on defense (safety or LB), with his size and speed he can have a nice college career and a legit shot at NFL.

tobrien080808 likes this.
  14. Beergut

Beergut Greenhorn

Sorry, but we didn't run away from anything. We simply moved to another conference. texas is the one who refuses to play us in any sport. If anyone is running away from competition, it is texas.

A&M won more conference and national championships its last five years in the Big 12 than any other conference school. This idea that we were leaving because we somehow couldn't compete is laughable.

15. Beergut

Beergut Greenhorn

I apologize for hijacking this thread.

Is Walsh listed as the backup to Lunt, or is their competition for the #2 spot going into Fall camp?

16. OSU Sig

OSU Sig Federal Marshal

Do you have proof of this?

17. Beergut

Beergut Greenhorn

18. AustinOSU

AustinOSU Deputy

This is awesome!!! We finally have a real Internet Aggy posting on OP!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

19. ablomination

ablomination Deputy

20. miketag

miketag Greenhorn

Since 1975 A&M's record in football against Texas is 19-17. I am sure the ONLY reason A&M switched conferences was because they thought the past 30+ years were a farce and they could not consistently compete with Texas.

A&M will make $20-$30 million more per year in the SEC. It is really not a hard decision.

Speaking of Walsh, there is a 6'4 WR at Guyer named Ellis Jefferson who your coaches should probably check out.