1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Kevin Durant on Kimmel, Mentions Stillwater

Discussion in 'Oklahoma City Thunder' started by StillwaterTownie, Mar 29, 2012.

1. StillwaterTownie

StillwaterTownie Territorial Marshal

2. Roman Craig

Roman Craig Race Ya Home! A/V Subscriber

Cool. thanks.

3. Propeller

Propeller Wrangler

I like Durant a lot. Does he have haters, how does anyone justify not liking this guy?

RolandDeschain likes this.
  4. Philranger

Philranger Territorial Marshal

Sonics fans. Sooner fans that still can't root for him b/c he played at UT. That's about it. Charles Barkley probably as well.

NotOnTV likes this.
  5. Peytonj

Peytonj Greenhorn

cool vid

6. BeatOU

BeatOU GGBTW Staff A/V Subscriber

Here you go. This is on the official Jimmy Kimmel channel, so it won't get deleted by Mickey Mouse's lawyers. This is actually quite funny and a good watch.

Part 1:

Part 2:

MDavid86 and pistolsfiringad like this.
  7. PrincetonPoke23

PrincetonPoke23 Sheriff A/V Subscriber

This has to be a joke... I seriously doubt there are many Sooner idiots that would be so childish to not root for him because he went to a rival school. These are the pros. It's not college anymore. I would say the same thing about any OSU fan that hates on Blake Griffin because he went to UO. Give credit where credit is due. Durant/Griffin are incredible players that represent the state well.

8. Philranger

Philranger Territorial Marshal

They exist. Same reason that a lot of Sooner fans can't stand Tim Tebow. He beat them once and they'll never forgive him.

9. BeatOU

BeatOU GGBTW Staff A/V Subscriber

Uhmm... You must not get back here much. When KD goes to a Texas game and wears Texas gear to that Texas game, the mouth breathers lose their damn minds over it.

10. EmptySeat

EmptySeat Sheriff

Quite a few OU fans don't like it when Durant tweets anti-Sooner stuff. They also didn't like it when he defended Kendrick Perkins after the Blake Griffin dunk a few weeks back. You have to recall, a solid number of them couldn't care less about the Sooner basketball team, much less the Thunder.

11. Midnight Toker

Midnight Toker Sheriff

As an OU fan, I found myself rooting vehemently for KD and against Blake anytime the Thunder play the Clippers. I always will. And Blake is my 2nd favorite nba player, and KD isnt #1. To me its more about my team, not any individual players. If god forbid tebow signed with my nfl team, I'd probably be a fan. Ugh.

RolandDeschain and BeatOU like this.
  12. CTeamPoke

CTeamPoke Wildcard A/V Subscriber

There are a handful of very vocal sooner fans who flip shit on KD when he cheers for UT and OSU and against OU. Most of them refuse to cheer for him. Pretty hilarious.

13. TulsaCowboy

TulsaCowboy Deputy

That was great. I've never followed the NBA, but KD has become a favorite of mine. He and the rest of the Thunder make it easy to be a fan. Durant just seems like a good guy. Even at Texas, it was kinda hard to hate him.

RolandDeschain likes this.