Kingsbury to Arizona

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
I love that the NFL is beginning to embrace the Big 12 style of play. I find SEC and NFL defensive battles to be boring. I went to the Colts/Jaguars game this year that ended 6-9. So boring. Maybe KK can move the NFL a little more toward being an offense oriented league.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It actually ended 6-0. I know because I'm a Colts fan. :/

But how do you hate defense? It is JUST AS important to stop the other team from scoring, as it is for your team to score. Why do you want the other team scoring?
That’s right...0-6, even more boring! Actually shocked my Jags managed to score 6.

It’s not that I hate defense. I feel many NFL teams have become complacent with their view of offense. Off tackle, off tackle, pass, and punt. The entertainment value is equal to watching a Pat Jones (minus Sanders/Thurman) or Bob Simmons coached team. What I hate is sitting in the stands knowing what the play call is going to be on 3rd and 7. Make the DC’s earn those paychecks.

Nov 6, 2010
Notice that happened after they finally hired a decent coach. They've been recruiting well for a long time and had very little to show for it since 2009 until this past season.
Same coach OSU has beaten every time we've played him. I think Texas struggles were more related to 5-6 recruiting cycles of completely missing on QB's as well as severely mis-evaluating those high profile recruits. If I remember correctly, during their lowest couple of years, OSU was getting more players drafted than Texas. And since David Ash got hurt for the last time, their QB's have been Case McCoy, Swoops, Heard (now a WR), Buechelle, and finally Ehlinger, who appears to be a winner.

Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
That’s right...0-6, even more boring! Actually shocked my Jags managed to score 6.

It’s not that I hate defense. I feel many NFL teams have become complacent with their view of offense. Off tackle, off tackle, pass, and punt. The entertainment value is equal to watching a Pat Jones (minus Sanders/Thurman) or Bob Simmons coached team. What I hate is sitting in the stands knowing what the play call is going to be on 3rd and 7. Make the DC’s earn those paychecks.

Well...you are a Jags fan, so you haven't been subjected to very many good NFL-level offenses. And I don't mean that as a smartass remark. They truly haven't been that great, aside from having some great running backs here and there.

But do you know how long I've been waiting for both my NFL team (again, the Colts) and the Pokes to have solid defenses? FINALLY, one of them has one (the Colts). Still waiting on that from the Pokes.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
This has got to be one of the strangest hires in the history of football.

Over 6 seasons as a head coach his offense on average ranked #21 in the nation. His defense on average ranked #108. That's out of 130 division 1 programs.

His offense finished outside the top 20 three of six seasons.

Three seaons his defense ranked # 125, 126, and 128!!!

He finished 5, 6, 6, 7, 8, and 8th in conference standings.

Record was 35-40 over all and 19-35 in conference!

1-3 in bowl games.

Now watch, he'll win a super bowl! LOL

Dec 28, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
I don't know if I've ever seen a more impressive case of failing forward. Texas Tech to the Arizona Cardinals, Lubbutt to Phoenix, and to top it off, news comes out that he's dating Holly Sonders.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
You say that, but just watch. I bet his offenses will shred the rest of the league. Not that I necessarily want them to, but I wouldn't be surprised.
We'll see. He's about to see defensive personnel & coaching like he's never seen.

He doesn't have anywhere near the personnel that Reid does with the Chiefs, or McVeigh with the Rams, & their offenses have come back to earth the last half of the season.

Apr 14, 2008
Texas
We'll see. He's about to see defensive personnel & coaching like he's never seen.

He doesn't have anywhere near the personnel that Reid does with the Chiefs, or McVeigh with the Rams, & their offenses have come back to earth the last half of the season.
Yeah and don't you love how the NFL folks keep pointing to Mayfield as one of his QBs that he developed. I wonder if Mayfield agrees with that?