1. You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

lab rats found fountain of youth..will it work on humans?

Discussion in 'Video Games, Movies & Technology' started by Binman4OSU, Apr 18, 2012.

1. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Cowboy

Buckminsterfullerine or buckyballs as they have been come to be called is a molecule of 60 carbon atoms that bond in a spherical shape.

It is a naturally occuring substance and has potential applications from cancer treatment to body armor.

Scientist decided to find out it effects on aging in lab rats at the University of Paris. It was belived that the buckyballs used in regular doses could reduce the oxidative stress that causes aging.

They fed one group a control, one group olive oil and one group olive oil and buckyball mixture.

The results were pretty amazing. The control rats lived on avg for 22 months, the olive oil rats lived on avg of 26 months, and the buckyball rats live on avg of 42 months

Scientist don't know if it will work in humans, but scientist in the study think that it might and could potentialy expand the avg human life expectancy up to 150 years
  2. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Cowboy

looks like Social Security and Medicare are in trouble. well.. even more trouble.
    steross, zachya and colb like this.
  3. JoeHero

A/V Subscriber JoeHero King of the Andals and the First Men

I've always thought I was born about two generations too soon cause in the next 100 years they will have figured out how to keep humans indefinitely.
  4. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Cowboy

I wouldn't hold your breath. Just a generation or two ago, we were supposed to have flying cars and moon colonies right now.
    steross likes this.
  5. Binman4OSU

Binman4OSU Cowboy

The FAA gave clearance to the first Flying car not too many months ago.

A human has been living in Space every single day since Oct 31st 2000

The longest time a single person spent in space was 1 year 2 1/2 months
  6. sc5mu93

sc5mu93 Cowboy

Just looked out my window. Didn't see a flying car.
    Just checked the news. No one on the moon (uncovering a monolith).